Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Starting guide

  1. #1

    Default Starting guide

    All right, I am tried of people asking me how to start and explaining it 1000 times. Therefore, I am going to get everything I look for in here; Less of a guide more a checklist. I am not going to spoon feed many answers, merely questions you should be asking yourself and a few tips. For each new step you should cross reference how you answer with the prior questions.

    1) How active am I?
    Spoiler :
    Should I be getting a co-player? Do you log in during 12 separate hours? Notice the key aspect 12 separate hours you do not need to be on 12 hours, just logged in 12 separate ones for 10-20 minutes.
    Is my account 24/7? If so you need to look at your area to see if you can support hyperactive farming and low res mines.
    1-2 hours a day? Don’t start core, start 3 weeks after a world has begun. And you should get a sitter or co-player, very few people can effectively start this way in the core, not until you have experience will you be able to.

    2) Did I start in the rim or core?
    Spoiler :
    Should be obvious if it’s the first two days of the world you will start out with very low buildings, if not you’ll start out with elevated buildings.
    If it’s the core look around see any barbs or bonus villages? Where are they? Are they attached to another player? Does that player have a barracks and statue already? Will the villages be out of resources by the time you go to farm them?
    If you think you are very close an no-one else will touch them, go 3 wood, 2 clay, 1 iron. If you are totally screwed for farms go as high as 12,7,2 maybe higher if need be. Remember to factor in question 1 when you decide this as well, activity plays a huge role.

    Rim? you should up your res mines a bit but likely wont have to.

    3) Okay, I am farming now. How many troops can my farms currently support? What type of troops does it support?
    Spoiler :
    Are you getting a lot of near empty hauls? You should probably use either axe or sw to split your army. Again are you in the core or the rim? Rim you probably need nothing but spears, and if your hauls are good you perhaps do not need more than 60, it really comes down to one question. Is your res influx comfortable enough to build up your buildings and then research lc. If it is than just do what you do, if not here are some tricks. Use 5 sp + 2 sw per attack, perhaps 1 sp + 1 axe if you really need to go low. Maybe you need scouts because bp has ended and you need to get some good hauls. Just keep trying to get the % of your haul up so your troops are being effectively used.

    4) Stable now what?(This is one of the few sections where it’s not questions it’s pretty straight forward)
    Spoiler :
    I take a controversial stance on this, 9 times out of 10 I say you should skip scout if you are very active. Mainly because of the farming technique, I am going to introduce you to. Farm with 1-2 lc to all villages in your 15 by 15 for this you need to literally send constantly as soon as there is 1 lc in your village it should be out the door. It is critical that you also use the market constantly to get an influx of iron and sell your clay or wood for horrible ratio’s even if its 2:1 you want the iron. You should use your sp for further away larger hauls, constantly building lc. Note I suggest you halt all other productions until you have enough lc to maintain all of your ques easily, probably around 80-100 lc. At that point, research all the troops if you have missed any bar archers obviously. Then continue to just build up until you reach a good lc level to hq whore your little butt off. The fewer the buildings you build before you build your hq up the better.
    Clearing? When and where well if you have a good income no-one, if you have a bad income and need more, well look at who is inactive, also look at whose odd went up, scout everyone. Then mail everyone see who wants a personal alliance, or just say hello check to see if they respond, and when they read it. In my opinion, it is best to make as little impact as possible on your area and make as many friends as possible. It is a turbulent time and cats and a few angry poor players can turn a good village into nothing very quickly if you fail to build defense and make good with the locals. With militia nowadays it is a very bad idea to clear an active player.
    If you are less active go scouts so you can send your troops less constantly and still pick up good hauls, follow rest of advice above.

    5) How do I hq whore?
    Spoiler :
    What is my activity level? How many res am I getting? What level should I go to? If you are very active and getting good res, go as high as 27, if it is a speed lower than one go as high as 30. If you can’t get the res to support that go as low as 20, if you don’t have the activity to support that go as low as 20.
    How should I be farming now? Scout then SRE, or calculate lc needed to be sent per hour and bm the links to send every hour. I suggest the first.
    What should I put in-between hq levels? Depends on what you want, barracks, walls, market, farms and warehouses is probably the best solution avoid barracks and stable at all costs. I like market and wall, so that I can defend attacks and trade.

    6) When do I smithy rush?
    Spoiler :
    Are there local threats? What troop levels do you think you need? Do you have enough defense and offense for your tribe and self? Am I overly active and can support extensive farming of smaller closer villages in order to cluster up effectively? Coin or packet world? Coin world you can get a train easily if your farming is good and do not need highly developed targets, packet world you need 2 villages at least to make a train and need highly developed targets. Do I have tribe mates to work with? If so you should always co-train and decide together, you should also and I stress this hugely always have defense for you and your tribe mates.


    All righty that’s about as far as I’m getting today, if you all like the format and content I shall continue to further aspects and facets of the game. Mind you this is supposed to skip things, I do not want to spoon feed you, just get you all thinking in the right direction.
    Last edited by mattcurr; 02.22.11 at 17:45.

  2. #2
    Aliyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Solid and up to date 'checklist' useful for any player .

    Nice one Matt.

    <3

  3. #3
    TheHeirtotheThrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    379

    Default

    It looks good.

    Only 'approved' guides are moved to the guides section. You'll have to ask a mod to move it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ummm...On a Computer?
    Posts
    284

    Default

    I Like This Format Actually, It Is Clear, Quick To Follow And Simple.

    Personally I Don't Like The Guides That Are Very 1-Way... Like This One For Example;
    Start Up Guide By Purple Predator

    For Me Anyway, That Guide Defeats The Experience For New Time Player Of Tribal Wars. I Like How I Entered My First World, And Learnt From Others In My Tribe And From My Mistakes. I Looked Through A Couple Of Guides Similar To This One In Content, Where It Gives You A Brief Intro To Styles Of Play, And Troop Types Ect.

    Perhaps To Improve The Guide Though Is To Use More BB Codes, Like Bolds And Italics To Show And Present Your Answers Alot More Clearly. Also Maybe Present The Questions In Bullet Points, So People Who Will Print It Out Can Actually Use It For A Check List. But Overall, The Idea, Layout And Content Are All Superb, Good Job.

  5. #5
    The New Bard Googly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Britain.
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    One of the few startup 'guides' that doesn't tell people "do this at this point in time".
    I like

    One thing I want to highlight from my experience - I'm generally a rim starter due to laziness and not just playing for a few weeks, but trying to stay longer if I like the world. I don't recall upping pits generally until a bit later, due to usually ending up with a lot of nearby farms and so not feeling a need to. As you said, "likely won't have to" kind of covers this, but I wanted to stress that it isn't needed a lot of the time (out of the last 4-5 rim startups I have done, I only recall once where I would have probably benefited from upping res first).
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseiam2 View Post
    Read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

  6. #6
    szfz333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Simple, effective, and you pretty much explained everything about start-up.
    Nice one.



  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    Rim you probably need nothing but spears, and if your hauls are good you perhaps do not need more than 60
    Sure if you can keep your hq and barracks constant with 60 spears and still have enough resources for lc, then it's enough. But then you wouldn't be stopping at 60 spears and nothing else would you. Going for lc slightly earlier at the cost of not keeping a constant rax in an area like that will lose you a lot of potential spears and axemen. Really not worth it imo, seeing as: On the rim you can trade iron for wood at 1:1 easily 3 weeks in, as opposed to wood being really scarce and iron being very common in the beginning, making for relatively cheap lc. You don't need the lc ability to out farm your opponents because apparently they aren't farming your area.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    5) How do I hq whore?
    Spoiler :
    What is my activity level? How many res am I getting? What level should I go to? If you are very active and getting good res, go as high as 27, if it is a speed lower than one go as high as 30. If you can’t get the res to support that go as low as 20, if you don’t have the activity to support that go as low as 20.
    What should I put in-between hq levels? Depends on what you want, barracks, walls, market, farms and warehouses is probably the best solution avoid barracks and stable at all costs. I like market and wall, so that I can defend attacks and trade.
    Misleading. Firstly, very few people make hq above 20 pay off. Certainly not people who are still trying to learn from guides, you're setting them up for failure. Secondly, market and wall are fine if you use them. Otherwise it's pure point whoring. Avoid barracks and stable at all costs? Why? Sure they'll put up your total expenditure and make it slower to getting your next hq level. But the game isn't all about getting to 30 hq the fastest.. or even a built village the fastest.

    Heres where you bring up the old argument that forfeiting troops for hq levels in the short run will get you a full nuke faster, no? Does it really.. if people are building things they have no direct use for between hq levels, just so they can afford the hq levels when they shouldn't? How much was the advantage then?

    Additionally - if you are very active and getting good res, nobling sooner will probably do much better for you than upping hq. If you up hq, to get the advantage out of it you'll be upping rax and stable a lot afterwards. You'll get a lot of LC particularly if you follow what mattcurr says, and then uh oh, we already had great income, and now it's too much to spend. Being able to take a break from farming isn't a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    6) When do I smithy rush?
    Spoiler :
    Are there local threats? What troop levels do you think you need? Do you have enough defense and offense for your tribe and self? Am I overly active and can support extensive farming of smaller closer villages in order to cluster up effectively? Coin or packet world? Coin world you can get a train easily if your farming is good and do not need highly developed targets, packet world you need 2 villages at least to make a train and need highly developed targets. Do I have tribe mates to work with? If so you should always co-train and decide together, you should also and I stress this hugely always have defense for you and your tribe mates.
    Here you ask a lot of questions but don't answer many. Particularly the first one.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post
    Sure if you can keep your hq and barracks constant with 60 spears and still have enough resources for lc, then it's enough. But then you wouldn't be stopping at 60 spears and nothing else would you. Going for lc slightly earlier at the cost of not keeping a constant rax in an area like that will lose you a lot of potential spears and axemen. Really not worth it imo, seeing as: On the rim you can trade iron for wood at 1:1 easily 3 weeks in, as opposed to wood being really scarce and iron being very common in the beginning, making for relatively cheap lc. You don't need the lc ability to out farm your opponents because apparently they aren't farming your area.

    First section you just repeat what I say in an adversarial tone Idk why, but moving on from there. If 60 sp is enough to keep constant ques, than moving to lc will be the better choice as it increases your farming capacity.


    Misleading. Firstly, very few people make hq above 20 pay off.
    Disagree repackaging lines from lard with you is a hobby I assume.
    Certainly not people who are still trying to learn from guides, you're setting them up for failure.
    Assumption.
    Secondly, market and wall are fine if you use them. Otherwise it's pure point whoring.
    Wall is preparation. Market should be used.
    Avoid barracks and stable at all costs? Why? Sure they'll put up your total expenditure and make it slower to getting your next hq level.
    Because they put your total expenditures up, and it is best to wait until your economy can handle it. You first make a plea that you these new players cant farm enough then you push forward an idea that will cause them to need to farm more. Logic not something you are good with. Also read that section again you read it wrong. Not surprisingly I worded it oddly on purpose.
    But the game isn't all about getting to 30 hq the fastest.. or even a built village the fastest.
    Who said it was, but allowing yourself to get ahead from the start is an advantage.




    Heres where you bring up the old argument that forfeiting troops for hq levels in the short run will get you a full nuke faster, no? Does it really.. if people are building things they have no direct use for between hq levels, just so they can afford the hq levels when they shouldn't? How much was the advantage then?
    Ahh lards argument. See now lard and you are from the era of poor elite level players. So you have 0 concept of team work. But if you think the wall is useless well, tbh you dont deserve to enter into this discussion.


    Additionally - if you are very active and getting good res, nobling sooner will probably do much better for you than upping hq.
    Read the guide genious, I say if you are less active stay as low as level 20 hq. Who the heck are you arguing with, i realize half of this crap you posted is just things you have heard lard say on other forums but dude really think for yourself. Read it at least.

    If you up hq, to get the advantage out of it you'll be upping rax and stable a lot afterwards. You'll get a lot of LC particularly if you follow what mattcurr says, and then uh oh, we already had great income, and now it's too much to spend. Being able to take a break from farming isn't a good thing.
    Wtf does this even mean, you can store the res, and mint coins and or packets. The main stance was situational awareness I love how you again pulled something the guide didnt say out of where the sun dont shine.


    Here you ask a lot of questions but don't answer many. Particularly the first one.
    They are questions to ask yourself. I guess its understandable why even allyboo says she would never be in a tribe with you. You dont seem to get the whole tribal aspect at all still.
    Last edited by mattcurr; 03.22.11 at 05:50.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post
    the game isn't all about getting to 30 hq the fastest.. or even a built village the fastest.

    why not ?

    Some people argue that getting to nobles fastest and nobling a few early villages and quitting isn't what the game is about either. They're narrow minded.

    So whats wrong with playing the game to build a village the fastest ?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    First section you just repeat what I say in an adversarial tone Idk why, but moving on from there. If 60 sp is enough to keep constant ques, than moving to lc will be the better choice as it increases your farming capacity. Building more spears also increases your farming capacity and you can quickly move on to lc aswell, why only have one when you can have both?


    Disagree repackaging lines from lard with you is a hobby I assume. I'm saying it because in my personal experience I've seen loads of people build higher hqs and still do worse than me.

    Assumption. You really disagree?

    Wall is preparation. Market should be used. Thats true, but very few people do.

    Because they put your total expenditures up, and it is best to wait until your economy can handle it. You first make a plea that you these new players cant farm enough then you push forward an idea that will cause them to need to farm more. Logic not something you are good with. Hq is the building that has most influence on your costs. Just because you can't afford Hq doesn't mean you can't afford barracks and stable. Stable which = more lc = more income.

    Who said it was, but allowing yourself to get ahead from the start is an advantage. Ahead in hq doesn't mean ahead overall.


    Ahh lards argument. See now lard and you are from the era of poor elite level players. So you have 0 concept of team work. But if you think the wall is useless well, tbh you dont deserve to enter into this discussion. I said no direct use. The wall will come in handy rarely, late and little. Particularly in smaller tribes. That doesn't mean I disagree with tribal defence early. The problem I see is people upgrading wall so that they can upgrade Hq, rather than because they want the wall. I see you are trying to insult me, but I actually am quite honoured to be compared to lard, despite how poor you think we are.

    Read the guide genious, I say if you are less active stay as low as level 20 hq. Who the heck are you arguing with, i realize half of this crap you posted is just things you have heard lard say on other forums but dude really think for yourself. Read it at least. I read that, and it has nothing to do with what I said, maybe you should re read my comment before jumping to insult me again.


    Wtf does this even mean, you can store the res, and mint coins and or packets. The main stance was situational awareness I love how you again pulled something the guide didnt say out of where the sun dont shine. Thanks for telling people to be aware of their situation, but not telling them how to react. Great guide.

    They are questions to ask yourself. I guess its understandable why even allyboo says she would never be in a tribe with you. You dont seem to get the whole tribal aspect at all still. That's okay, plenty still wish to be in a tribe with me. Led by me even.
    Answers in bold.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pervis View Post
    why not ?

    Some people argue that getting to nobles fastest and nobling a few early villages and quitting isn't what the game is about either. They're narrow minded.

    So whats wrong with playing the game to build a village the fastest ?
    Fair point. People can play with whatever goals. But for fastest long term growth these things mean little.

  12. #12

    Default

    Building more spears also increases your farming capacity and you can quickly move on to lc aswell, why only have one when you can have both?
    If you have little to no delay, the cost of the sp may slow you down, more than speed up getting there.

    I'm saying it because in my personal experience I've seen loads of people build higher hqs and still do worse than me.
    The point is to elevate peoples game play, to give them the basic understandings of why to do higher hq levels and how to do it. Just saying you will never be at this level so forget it does not help.
    You really disagree?
    some decent players are just looking for refinement.
    Thats true, but very few people do.
    It is a guide for what to do, not that you should be lazy and not do stuff. Why build lc then if people arent going to use them right. I mean yeah! that makes sense. The point isnt to speak down to people its to elevate them up.

    Ahead in hq doesn't mean ahead overall.
    Again Taking things I didnt say but if you do hq right, and know what you are aiming for it will help you.

    I said no direct use. The wall will come in handy rarely, late and little. Particularly in smaller tribes. That doesn't mean I disagree with tribal defence early. The problem I see is people upgrading wall so that they can upgrade Hq, rather than because they want the wall. I see you are trying to insult me, but I actually am quite honoured to be compared to lard, despite how poor you think we are.
    Im not insulting lard, he is a good player, and dont flatter yourself you arent as good as him. You just both happen to have the same misconception about defense, because you are part of crappy tribes and have no concept of early world team work.
    I read that, and it has nothing to do with what I said, maybe you should re read my comment before jumping to insult me again.
    I did read your comments it was a tangent of something I did not say.
    Thanks for telling people to be aware of their situation, but not telling them how to react. Great guide.
    Stop being butt hurt because I told you to leave my tribe because you are a horrible team player.

  13. #13
    The New Bard Googly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Britain.
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    On W46 .net, I got to rank 10 before anybody nobled. This was after I had restarted 6 days in to the world (yes I am that lazy that I cba doing core play). This was by building HQ to 27. If you farm well enough, and are active enough, higher HQ makes a big difference. The argument for "I've seen people do worse than me with higher HQs" goes the other way too.

    As for teamwork during startup: I have to say it is rare to see premades pull this off. W51 Head is the only time I've been heavily involved with working with the tribe before nobling, through stacking, faking ops and catting ops. Hands down it was the best tribe I've been in. I would agree with Matt on this idea too - partially because it builds up a really strong relationship with other tribemates from the start, and partially because you are part of a better tribe because of it.

    Just my two cents
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseiam2 View Post
    Read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    If you have little to no delay, the cost of the sp may slow you down, more than speed up getting there.
    If you lose say.. 6 hours time to lc, but gain 60 spears, is this really a problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    The point is to elevate peoples game play, to give them the basic understandings of why to do higher hq levels and how to do it. Just saying you will never be at this level so forget it does not help.

    some decent players are just looking for refinement.
    Its really easy for people to read guides and take things from them but without a wider understanding it can slow them down. If this is a guide for good players to refine their play, then you should say so.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    It is a guide for what to do, not that you should be lazy and not do stuff. Why build lc then if people arent going to use them right. I mean yeah! that makes sense. The point isnt to speak down to people its to elevate them up.
    Again I'm saying there needs to be a wider understanding. If people didn't have a clue how to farm then early Lc would set them back. Maybe you assume some background knowledge but you didn't mention that anywhere, and if you are looking to help good players wanting to refine their play, then I'd say each person should be treated as an individual. Everyone sees this game a little different.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    Again Taking things I didnt say but if you do hq right, and know what you are aiming for it will help you.
    Was taking it from the Hq discussion thread on .net where you said that it wasn't arguable that level 30 hq was the fastest way to build a village. I'm saying it's irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    Im not insulting lard, he is a good player, and dont flatter yourself you arent as good as him. You just both happen to have the same misconception about defense, because you are part of crappy tribes and have no concept of early world team work.
    Assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    I did read your comments it was a tangent of something I did not say.
    You said if you were active and getting good res that you should upgrade hq to 27. I was saying that in the same scenario 27 hq was unnecessary. How was this unrelated?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    Stop being butt hurt because I told you to leave my tribe because you are a horrible team player
    I really don't care if you don't like me. Not wanting to spend more time on tw than I have to does not make me a horrid team player. It makes me sane. Having more accounts in the tribe than the members can handle is a bad idea. It's cute having your girlfriend play with you, but she wasn't actually playing.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Googly View Post
    On W46 .net, I got to rank 10 before anybody nobled. This was after I had restarted 6 days in to the world (yes I am that lazy that I cba doing core play). This was by building HQ to 27. If you farm well enough, and are active enough, higher HQ makes a big difference. The argument for "I've seen people do worse than me with higher HQs" goes the other way too.
    27 hq gives you 800 points more than 20 hq. Assuming rank 1 was 4k as they hadn't nobled yet. You would be at around 2-2.5k points. So 1/3 of your points came from hq levels over 20. This doesn't mean the 27 hq helped you in any way other than rank.. actually 27 hq wont start saving you time until 4k+ points depending on what you build.

    Quote Originally Posted by Googly View Post
    As for teamwork during startup: I have to say it is rare to see premades pull this off. W51 Head is the only time I've been heavily involved with working with the tribe before nobling, through stacking, faking ops and catting ops. Hands down it was the best tribe I've been in. I would agree with Matt on this idea too - partially because it builds up a really strong relationship with other tribemates from the start, and partially because you are part of a better tribe because of it.
    That's good, if it happens. Good to have an example of a tribe matt wasn't in that actually worked together, actually, I remember 1/0 doing something like this too.. oh and that was a crappy tribe yes matt?.. and RA definitely the best tribe I've been in, in terms of teamwork. Both me and lardy sacrificed heaps of early O without asking for anything in return, and lardy continued clearing vills for tribemates as the game progressed. But no.. RA was an awful tribe wasn't it Matt?

  16. #16
    The New Bard Googly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Britain.
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post
    This doesn't mean the 27 hq helped you in any way other than rank.. actually 27 hq wont start saving you time until 4k+ points depending on what you build.
    Rank whoring is the way to go though
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseiam2 View Post
    Read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

  17. #17
    The SmashNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    HQ 30 is ideal if you get it early enough. Depends on how far you have gotten with smithy, farm, rax, stable, etc at that point, also depends on how well you are doing with balancing resources. Nothing on paper will be guaranteed to work in game and probably never will due to the high amount of uncontrollable factors that play into the game. So, with that being said, it all depends on how that particular world is going, no exact village build is right nor every style or strategy because it all comes down to what happens on that world. You could be heavily spiked early, you could have an area drained of resources or where you struggle with them. Could have an area with several barbs and easy farms or even the opposite. Some areas have a lot of active players, even ones that have been cleared and catted that refuse to be a worthwhile farm. So, nothing is exact nor better than another. All you can argue is things that are not arguable such as, you need HQ 20 or greater to noble. Anything higher than 20, is only effective if the situation permits it.
    Last edited by The SmashNasty; 03.24.11 at 17:31.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post
    If you lose say.. 6 hours time to lc, but gain 60 spears, is this really a problem?
    I would take 6 hours of lc.



    Its really easy for people to read guides and take things from them but without a wider understanding it can slow them down.
    Again the point isnt to speak down to what I assume they cannot or cannot do as a basis. If someone is just only reading bits and pieces it is their fault.


    Again I'm saying there needs to be a wider understanding. If people didn't have a clue how to farm then early Lc would set them back. Maybe you assume some background knowledge but you didn't mention that anywhere, and if you are looking to help good players wanting to refine their play, then I'd say each person should be treated as an individual. Everyone sees this game a little different.
    If you farm with the methods I give them, and they do it once or twice, they should be fine.

    Was taking it from the Hq discussion thread on .net where you said that it wasn't arguable that level 30 hq was the fastest way to build a village. I'm saying it's irrelevant.
    What is it irrelevant for? It is a statement of fact.


    You said if you were active and getting good res that you should upgrade hq to 27. I was saying that in the same scenario 27 hq was unnecessary. How was this unrelated?
    Why is it unnecessary?


    It's cute having your girlfriend play with you, but she wasn't actually playing.
    Yawn, firstly when it was her account I was the only one who sat it, and it was top 10. After that I gave her account away to James, and his co-player, both capable top 5 starters. You being purposely dumb or is it an accident?

  19. #19
    The New Bard Googly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Britain.
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurr View Post
    Yawn, firstly when it was her account I was the only one who sat it, and it was top 10. After that I gave her account away to James, and his co-player, both capable top 5 starters. You being purposely dumb or is it an accident?
    Kinda harsh to say someone is at fault for expressing what they have seen, when they don't necessarily have access to the full behind-the-scenes story
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseiam2 View Post
    Read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

  20. #20
    Aliyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    944

    Default


    Why does every start up quide thread have to turn into an argument ?
    People who go out of their way to write something , credit to them . If there are disagreements with what they have written I am sure there are polite ways to discuss it .
    If someone has something better .. write an alternative guide . It's not really going to help new players who look for guides coming to a thread filled with personal arguments .

    <3

  21. #21

    Default

    It doesn't have to be personal, you're right. But discussion totally helps.


    Quote Originally Posted by The SmashNasty View Post
    HQ 30 is ideal if you get it early enough.
    Totally disagree.

    @matt
    Part 1: Yea sorry I totally should have thought harder. Did some quick maths it's more like 2 hours lost for a bonus 110 spears when you take into account you only need 20-30 sp to keep the rax going depending on how good your location. I assumed worst possible location for 60 spears to get you to lc without waiting around for res. With a better location the bonus spear idea works even better ^^ because it takes fewer extra spears to get the rax going constant. With a worse location building more than 60 spears will get you to lc faster anyhow.

    Part 2: The hq discussion.. going in circles now. Answered all that before.

    Part 3: That's just bs. But it's my word against yours. Either way, intelligence has nothing to do with it, it is a question of memory.

    Wont post here again. I did what I came to do, and now it's just taking too much of my time.
    Last edited by muldeh; 03.25.11 at 03:30.

  22. #22
    The New Bard Googly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Britain.
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    The mathematical stuff seems quite well thought out - I think we can all agree that the HQ conversation has no need to be continued as everybody has made it very clear their views and that those views are unlikely to change
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseiam2 View Post
    Read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

  23. #23
    The SmashNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post

    Totally disagree.
    Did you read the rest of my post? Lol.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muldeh View Post
    Part 3: That's just bs. But it's my word against yours. Either way, intelligence has nothing to do with it, it is a question of memory.


    You're serious right now? ask allyboo. Or anyone from the tribe with a memory better than a gold fish which apparently discounts you. NVM I have a skype convo proves I was giving the account to james.

    [11/7/2010 8:24:02 AM] Matt/Him.: yeah
    [11/7/2010 8:24:08 AM] Matt/Him.: shh about who we are
    [11/7/2010 8:24:15 AM] Matt/Him.: but the account would be snuggles22
    [11/7/2010 8:24:38 AM] James (Scoregasm): i love a good masculine name
    [11/7/2010 8:24:54 AM] Matt/Him.: snuggleing is fun!
    [11/7/2010 8:25:01 AM] Matt/Him.: its the name of her pet turtle
    [11/9/2010 1:05:32 PM] James: matt i wanna get on the account
    [11/9/2010 6:19:38 PM] Matt/Him.: oh Ill get the pass
    [11/9/2010 6:19:43 PM] Matt/Him.: let me text her
    [11/9/2010 6:20:13 PM] James: cheers!
    [11/9/2010 6:20:23 PM] James: im sitting it atm i took my account out of deletion
    [11/9/2010 6:42:35 PM] James: gonna get this account going fast and noble some crapples
    [11/9/2010 6:42:53 PM] Matt/Him.: oh that account sholud be ahead of mine
    [11/9/2010 6:42:58 PM] Matt/Him.: idk what happened when I got ill
    [11/9/2010 6:43:01 PM] Matt/Him.: caue when I was playing both
    [11/9/2010 6:43:07 PM] Matt/Him.: that one was 10x better area for farming
    [11/9/2010 6:46:40 PM] James: well people were sitting it
    [11/9/2010 6:46:51 PM] James: but its hard doing 2 accts
    [11/9/2010 6:46:54 PM] James: on this speed
    [11/9/2010 6:52:38 PM] Matt/Him.: not that hard :P
    [11/9/2010 6:52:41 PM] Matt/Him.: I did the hard part
    [11/9/2010 6:52:50 PM] Matt/Him.: when I left the account it had 15-18 hq qued
    [11/9/2010 6:52:54 PM] Matt/Him.: :^)
    [11/9/2010 6:52:59 PM] Matt/Him.: thats the hard part :P
    [11/9/2010 6:55:28 PM] James: maybe not for you
    [11/9/2010 7:02:56 PM] James: when dya reckon youl get the pass? wanna get anh to farm all night
    [11/9/2010 7:03:19 PM] Matt/Him.: i think her phone died
    [11/9/2010 7:03:31 PM] Matt/Him.: cause it goes stright to vm
    [11/9/2010 7:03:43 PM] James: ah
    [11/9/2010 7:04:33 PM] Matt/Him.: tbh try Ilovematt
    [11/9/2010 7:04:35 PM] Matt/Him.: seriously
    [11/9/2010 7:04:41 PM] Matt/Him.: thats like her pass on everything
    [11/9/2010 7:05:01 PM] James: do u know that script that u run from reports folder where it creates these little axe icons next to the reports, which is attack again with same troops, and you open them all in new tabs then go through and ok them all?
    [11/9/2010 7:05:14 PM] James: if that makes sense
    [11/9/2010 7:06:03 PM] Matt/Him.: yeah I remember that one
    [11/9/2010 7:06:15 PM] Matt/Him.: I think* that st's sre does it
    Last edited by mattcurr; 04.26.11 at 06:58.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •