Dead forum...... is dead

DeletedUser4881

Good night ladies and gents, I've never seen a forum so dead in my entire life.

Wake up call guys, let's do something.

DeletedUser4772

Well i just killed a german speed players on the UK Speed, They all said i was a completly noob and he could defeat me 1/100.. <3 Tobias

DeletedUser

I have never played .us server before. Last world I played was on .net over a year ago and the forums seemed much more alive. Is it just this world that is dead or are all .us worlds this way?

DeletedUser4772

Yes it is all .us worlds.
.net worlds have much more traffic.

DeletedUser5034

Yes I was thinking the same thing too. The .us servers seem so dead compared to the .net.
Then again the .net server has 10x as much players so I suppose thats why.

DeletedUser

but, the .net servers are dead compared to how they were 3-4 years ago when i used to play TW first time round. its insane how things could get dropped to the third page of the forum in an hour and now, just hang around. its scary watching a community like this slowly become a ghost of what it was.

The forums tend to be an intimidating place to come as a new player, so most people dont. That doesnt even include the vast majority who are unaware of them what so ever.

DeletedUser5034

2008-2010 was the best time to play TW. The atmosphere on the .net server was brilliant. I've only just returned to TW and I've decided to play on .US but yeah... it does seem dead.
Haven't had a look at .UK, I wonder if that has become like this since I last played.

DeletedUser

I miss reading some well written threads that would completely demolish tribes just with their words.

DeletedUser

Yes these forums are very dead compared to .net

2008-2010 were the years I played most actively on .net, and it is what keeps me coming back to TW once in a while to just see if I still can dominate. While this may not be the world I dominate because I just joined. I know that I would have if I had joined when this world started.

Deleted User - 419875

I think instead of complaining how dead they are, How about finding ways to keep them alive (within the rules of course :cool:). I agree with Madnasher as the external forums are a scary place for some players. There are also players out there with a natural ability to use the forums and have fun with them. I have some fond memories of some great forum posters that no longer play TW. So I challenge you all to keep the forums alive with fun and banter that goes along with this great game.

DeletedUser4881

How about provoking our wonderful CM into a hate filled flame war? Lolol

Deleted User - 419875

That's against the rules asderf!! We don't do hate filled flame wars here..:p

DeletedUser

Boring Players

Good night ladies and gents, I've never seen a forum so dead in my entire life.

Wake up call guys, let's do something.

I love the days of old when most players fought tooth and nail with honor and excitement. It seems today we have so many inexperienced players that never were properly weaned from their mommies. They were obviously brought up as undisciplined imps that received trophies no matter how badly they failed. This is an excellent example of their tactics. If you can't win on a field of battle just bore everyone to death!!! This is a message sent by the leader of Animal to all of my mates. It is a sad testimony to the cowardly players that lack the pride and abilities to actually conduct warfare. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Incomingx2 on 01.23. at 02:38 Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am sending this to all of you including your leadership. If you didn't receive this mail then it is only because I missed your name when adding you to our address book. Didn't mean to leave you out. I'm sure it will be posted in forums so you can read it there and respond accordingly.

This is first come first serve. I am looking for active members to work with me. Your duties would be keeping me informed of any Op plans that arise. Give me info basically to help speed up the process of the downfall of XXX.

In return you will be left out of ALL future Animal Operations. Your names will be left confidential and only I and our leadership will know.

I wouldn't take too long to jump in on the opportunity. As you can see Animal has room in its tribe limit and will have room in the future for recruitment to those who communicate well with us.

How do you do this and not have your leadership know?

1. Reply to us in a separate mail stating your interest. This is so if your leadership asks for mandatory account sits you can delete the new mail and leave this one. So basically it looks like you never talked to us.

2. If you have skype then add myself and we can chat there. lumber_jack32

I am looking forward to working together.

I am guessing about 10-20 of you will reply with some hatred towards us. Doesn't really bother me.

If you think you can give us false info then that's fine. I will know and you will be eaten when we get closer to you.

XOXOXO

Joel

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WhopperPee, I heard that morale was removed when you became a tribal leader, did you not hear it crash?

DeletedUser4772

WhopperPee, I heard that morale was removed when you became a tribal leader, did you not hear it crash?

First of all, its WopperBee. Secondly, are you really going to derail a thread that is about the forums being dead and start trying to bash a player that has not said one thing about you?

DeletedUser4881

LOL a CM is also a mod....

Thank you for straightening that up. Didn't know that /end sarcasm.

@ninjacrabgod.... Think maybe you should lurk moar. Or maybe grasp the full understanding of why I do what I do. Until then, obvious troll is obvious.

Kthnxbai

EDIT: Heh. Maybe i should totally create a thread but 1) I'm not one to flame drooling morons who can't tell which end of the keyboard to type from, and 2) You're just not worth my time.

DeletedUser5174

There are many ways to liven up the forums, unfortunately for you the US forums don't have very many posters. So even the best thread will only get 10-15 replies.