Memories long gone

DeletedUser

I never got pimples, by the way.

Also Leo was much better than you in about every aspect. It took you 6 months to send a train properly, while it took him about 2. On top of that his growth, ability to time, and various other things were far beyond your level of play.

Ahh the arrogance remains. Leo couldn't stand you Matt. I didn't mind you so much. The fact that you praise him is humorous. Sure, I'll admit that I didn't catch on as quickly as Leo did. Circumstances for the two of us were different in the beginning.

There is no denying that what I did with the Bane account from 2/14/11 onward, was as good as any player out there. Finished W1 in the top 10 and was #1 in ODA. Right, I suck. Leo befriended me when he realized I was better than he thought. Leo quit when he realized that I was better than him. Those are the facts. What you present is just an opinion. It doesn't matter, I survived, thrived, and was instrumental in the victory of W1. That's more than you can hang your hat on. Or am I just being delusional?

have to show off my new sig...

I like it!

I thought I was the awesomenest? ;(

You may or may not be, but you new sig is!

And so Mashman, that's the story of how I became Banesmasher... a few memorable moments.

After that... ByU said it best. It was just a matter of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

World over or not, rules still apply about discussing rule-breaking :).

DeletedUser

Ahh the arrogance remains. Leo couldn't stand you Matt. I didn't mind you so much. The fact that you praise him is humorous. Sure, I'll admit that I didn't catch on as quickly as Leo did. Circumstances for the two of us were different in the beginning.

There is no denying that what I did with the Bane account from 2/14/11 onward, was as good as any player out there. Finished W1 in the top 10 and was #1 in ODA. Right, I suck. Leo befriended me when he realized I was better than he thought. Leo quit when he realized that I was better than him. Those are the facts. What you present is just an opinion. It doesn't matter, I survived, thrived, and was instrumental in the victory of W1. That's more than you can hang your hat on. Or am I just being delusional?

I got bored, any world I join I have the ability to win. LTR and magicx gangbanged me for 8 months and I lost a single village. I'm always the one in control, and it isn't arrogance, it is fact. Find a world I didn't do well on and dominate til I got bored, then we can talk then.

You've played 1 world. You're like a little leaguer that thinks hes ready for the majors because he had a few good games.

DeletedUser

I got bored, any world I join I have the ability to win. LTR and magicx gangbanged me for 8 months and I lost a single village. I'm always the one in control, and it isn't arrogance, it is fact. Find a world I didn't do well on and dominate til I got bored, then we can talk then.

You've played 1 world. You're like a little leaguer that thinks hes ready for the majors because he had a few good games.

IDK, have you won any worlds yet? Or, do you always get 'bored' when the competition gets tougher? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser548

Actually, the competition left shortly before he did... If I'm remembering right... :p

DeletedUser

IDK, have you won any worlds yet? Or, do you always get 'bored' when the competition gets tougher? :rolleyes:

There is no competition that can be considered tough nowadays. When you've played half the worlds I have, then your opinion will matter. Winning a world is impressive, but moreso because of your ability to stay consistent and keep yourself entertained. Diplomacy and tribes win worlds not individual players.

DeletedUser

Winning a world is impressive, but moreso because of your ability to stay consistent and keep yourself entertained. Diplomacy and tribes win worlds not individual players.

I agree with about half this. :p

Diplomacy isnt as important as it is on more competitive worlds. Ego404's diplomacy was limited to 1 other tribe about half way through the world and beyond that, our diplomacy was "Hi, you are red. Thanks!"

Tribes win worlds. You could be the greatest individual player ever and a half organized tribe will beat you down. Doesn't matter how big and bad you are, all alone, you are toast.

Winning a world (and I can say this from experience) is about how long you are willing to keep going. You are dead right, can you keep yourself entertained. We lost a very large player at the very end because winning US1 required (just as most every other world does) clean up duty. He went red, so we removed him. I was a top 15 player on a .net world that had been going on for 3 1/2 years and had no signs on ending within the next 3 1/2. I deleted. I had no desire to continue under those circumstances. Its why I understand when a player calls it quits after a few years, or even a few month. Many players enjoy start up and beyond that, grow tired and quit. Others hate start up and love the mid game. I enjoy villages 10-200. I had over 2500 on .net. This was no longer fun for me.

There are only a handful of players who can say they won more than 1 world. Footloose is one winning W27.net and US1. W27 was the fastest .net world to end. I won US1 and finished LT6 (secrets world ended in 91 days, lol). The reason? Playing the same world for so many years can get quite dull. If they end quickly, players will hang around, but hanging around for 5 years isnt really a testament of skill, its of perseverance. I am glad US worlds end a bit quicker than .net. It keeps players attention.

DeletedUser

Actually, the competition left shortly before he did... If I'm remembering right... :p

I'm wondering who you considered to be better competition at that time of W1?

---------------

Where is the "like button"?

I press it once for TSN's second remarks, I agree with you, stamina is a more important key to success than skill or deplomacy- at a certain point of the game. But no like button for the first remark though. You can play as many or as few worlds as you like and other peoples opinions do matter. Especially when what someone has to say makes sense. There is your arrogance again.

I press it again for J2's remarks.

While playing W1 I often thought of ways to make the game better.

One thought I had was to eliminate the free noble a vanquished opponent gets back when losing a village. If the loser had to coin up for another noble it would slow down his barbing and speed up the end game.

DeletedUser734

Wow, congrats Ego404, I knew it would happen eventually.

Too bad school picked up and I ran out of time.

How is everyone!

DeletedUser

Good times..... was just thinking about the US1 days.

~Josh

DeletedUser623

Looking back at all the experiences I had on this world, I wish i had more time and could go back.

DeletedUser1580

The best thing on 404 was that there was a no barb nobling rule and every month we calculate oda and the winner earn a diplo spot.