Help! My script isn't working!

DeletedUser

Maybe, it did however work before and looking at how the script runs differently on different browsers, I'd think that it'd be possible to tweak the script in order for it to work on Chrome.

Deleted User - 419875

Yes, I am sure that if the script was tweaked it could be used on Chrome.

DeletedUser3662

Mass Village Renamer script isnt working anymore after the latest game updates.

Reason is because it makes to many requests to the server.

Solution, find a way to rename the villages 2 by 2, or 3 by 3, not all at once.

Info:
https://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?22150-Approved-Mass-Village-Renamer

Script:
javascript:$.getScript('https://media.innogamescdn.com/com_DS_UK/Scripts/nameVillages.js');void 0;

If possible the script's author should update the script following the new game rules so it doesnt make to much requests to the server so we can still use this script.

Thank you,
Red.

DeletedUser

That's exactly what I posted about if you read a little ways up. Try it on Opera and it should work.

DeletedUser3662

Thats certainly isnt a solution. For all of us who dont use Opera to play TribalWars, but use another browser, for example Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome ... you mean we should install Opera just for this 1 time we will use it? Just to run the script that changes the names of the vills?

That is certainly not normal and not good on programmer's side and on user's side.

On user side is easy to understand, users, like us want to have the same experience on all their devices/browsers, etc, all what the user wants is a simple and fast way to change the villages names, a solution that works everywhere, on every browser, without having to switch browsers to do simple stuff like changing vills names ... i think we all agree on this.

On programmer's side ... the programmer is offering a faulty program to the public. A program written in javascript (which is platform independent) should be working normally on all browsers, if it does not ... then something is wrong or something has a bug. I only ask for the "bug" to be resolved.

Now i only asked if this script could have been update since i know its creator/manager is a person who is here on tw and is important around here in the scripts section ... so he might be able to do the script update easily. If it would have been someone else, someone i knew wouldnt have even read anything here, i wouldnt have asked for the issue to be resolved.

To end this, the issue still stands, the issue still needs to be resolved (not to be worked around, using Opera and/or something like that).

Red.

Deleted User - 419875

It is possible that the original script writer no longer has any interest in updating the script. There are several other scripts that can be used and are approved. You can ask other players if they have a working script or you can find several of those scripts on the .net servers also.

DeletedUser3662

It is possible that the original script writer no longer has any interest in updating the script. There are several other scripts that can be used and are approved. You can ask other players if they have a working script or you can find several of those scripts on the .net servers also.

I can understand that. I just was stating the facts that offering as a solution switching browsers is not good and for sure not a solution. Switching browsers is not a solution, is just a workaround until the problem gets solved (if its get solved). On my previous post/s i only said there is a bug with this script, the solution to the bug is not to switch browsers, is to fix the bug.

Ofcurse though, if the developer has stepped down from supporting this script/s no reason to ask for support.. This means that if someone else wont fix this script, the village renamer script will always be buggy, so in other words, in the short-time we can use the workaround (switch browsers to run the script on opera), in the long run we need to find a substitute village renamer script.

Red.