Tribalhugs 3.0?

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Before making my actual post, I want to quickly introduce myself.
My name is Thijs, but call me Mr. T because my name is extremely difficult for english people ;)
I am from the Netherlands, and I play tribalwars for 10 years now.

1.5 year ago, I started at this server, for a new experience. The Dutch server was getting a little bit boring, and I wanted to see how different another server would be. After these 1.5 years, I can not believe how different this server is.

First impression on W18
I started this server on W18, were I got introduced by mass tribes who are taking in everyone in the top40-50 to win the world. On the dutch servers, we are used to 3-4 relatively small tribes who are fighting against each other for the victory. However, on this world the top50 got invited for the same tribe, and the victory was guaranteed without proper warfare. I could not believe what happened that world, but I hoped it would get better on next worlds

Improvement on W19
After that, W19 was my next try. Although I did not agree with everything what happened on this world tribewise, I do think that this world had kind of a war before it ended. But at the end, the top40 still joined and won the world. But since there had been some decent wars, it was ok for me.

What on earth is happening on W24 though?!?!?!

What is happening on world24, is unbelievable... this is the map:
6c9094fce69776e5b3ee98627975eb91.png

Sawad (purple) and WTF (green) are literally through each other, but they are allies... The role of RKW is not completely clear for me, but I heared rumours that they were also allied with both tribes. This is absolutely DISGUSTING. The game is called tribalWARS, where the best tribes have to fight their way to victory, and not team up with the other big tribes to noble the small players.

I have never in my "TW-career" seen such a ridiculous thing, and I really hope it will change soon. This tribalhug3.0 world has to change drasticly in order to become a nice world... Who wants to win a world on this way, without having to fight someone who is actually strong enough?

In this topic, I would like a proper discussion with the involved tribes (and the other tribes on the world as well), because this completely destroys the idea of tribalwars. I have sent a message to all leaders of W24 top 25 tribes, and I hope that we can work something out here to change this way too friendly behaviour on worlds.

Thanks for reading and kind regards,

Mr. T | Natural Perfection.

PS: If you have questions or want to have a personal discussion about this, you can always message me in game as well.

DeletedUser6205

We did start a war. Against three tribes. 2 of those tribes disbanded in under a day, and the other all of the members fled...

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
You can't call that a war man ;)

You teamed up with the 3 biggest tribes against ADD... ofcourse they lose that... that is not a war.

WTF vs Sawad/RKW or WTF/Saward vs RKW or WTF/RKW vs Sawad, that would be wars who should be happening at the moment. Not RKW/WTF/SAWAD vs Noobtribe 1t/m300

I don't know if I see this completely wrong, or that you guys just prefer winning in a pathetic way

DeletedUser806

So I know what Natural Perfection means. Truth is though the game isn't the same as it was 6 - 10 years ago. I remember some amazing wars on .net such as W28 with Panda? and W30 which was one of the best TW experiences with some of the best players I have ever had the pleasure to play with. (RavenJ). Now a days though its not what you know its who you know and how many of you there are.

This is what TW should be ...
supermap.jpg

It was literally half the world vs the other half.
Tardis v BD.
T-W-C vs BD + Crysis
Decide + Hammer v THE.

W30 will always go down in my opinion as my favourite world just because of how extreme the battles got, I remember the final days of Tardis before losing to BD where we only had around 8 players playing 20 accounts each having 10k+ incomings staying up all night sniping, stacking etc. The players in Tardis were amazing, as were in BD, and later RAM [TWC].

P.s Phoenx won against BH in the final battle after i think 5 years.

I also don't mind on such small servers following this trend of 'hugging' at least through the earlier stages because otherwise we will see every world end within the first 2 - 3 months. Id rather have 3 or 4 good sized tribes go at it than see 14 tribes squabble sending cats and rams rather than well timed trains because only a small number (top 50) players are able to complete a proper op.

Personally I enjoy 10,000 incomings... tagging trains, fake trains, stacking etc. Now a days on these worlds its not needed because the worlds end early because of the hugging. Id rather them be forced to battle it out.

Just my personal thoughts.

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
You are right, every server has changed. I understand what you are saying, but I think that it would be a nice idea to try changing the "standard" developments of the US worlds as they are nowadays. It has to start somewhere, and I hope (or hoped) to sart making a change with this post. However, it probably isn't going to change anything, given the reaction of WTF? leaders for example...

We will see, I am already happy that it got the attention. A lot of people talked to me about this, and I am happy that more people share the same thoughts as me

DeletedUser806

Contact me please Natural Perfection, i would like to talk further with you about this.

DeletedUser

I feel you man, I'm from .ro and there used to be wars that lasted for YEARS

you guys do not understand this properly, being from USA and c.o...wards.........

topktribes.png

Currently 51 words opened on the romanian server, this is word 6 it opened back in 2008 and look at it still goingggggg

you don't understand how to play this game and you just have cash to ruin it

laterz

DeletedUser707

Everyone has their own opinions on how this game "should be played" Lets be honest though about that W6 Carizma. The players who started that world in 2008 are likely not the same players who are still playing. Most players have a hard time staying active enough to win a world that last 12 months let alone 8 years. This is the main reason I personally like .net and US server. .net last about 1-1.5 years per a world some worlds 6-8 months pending size. US 1 year tops. Which makes it easier to commit to a world.

On top of that its more attractive to new users. If you are new to this game and want to win a world do you want to hear you can win a world in 12 months or do you want to hear you need to be active for 8 years to win a world?

I do agree the US server has always had a likely alwasy will have a "hugging" issue but hugging does not determin the length in the worlds here. The worlds here don't last long because a large world here consist of 8-10K's instead of 10+ K's like other servers.

bidam veer

Reaction score
carizma,you can not compare the begining of tw in romania with what it is now.and the same with us server and .ro server.let's face it:years ago tw were more different then now:more players,less tools(legal or illegal).now,i think we both know that on .ro are few players left(in the last 5 worlds i played i always met one tribe wich i played or wared in previous world(S),the worlds are endind faster and faster etc...
us server is not so bad...except of the competition,wich is not so semnificative.if you wanna play for fun,without spending too much time,it is perfect.the only problem is the time zone,but are some realy nice guys around here wich you can play...so,in autumn,when i will be back in the game,i will play on us server,not on .ro:)))

DeletedUser

Hello,

My name Is Ben I just started on USA recently, used to play on net, uk and de
I am currently with my cos Carsi and Finn in SAWAD and Rank 2 on W24.

First of all, W24 is really small. I mean extremely small.. they mind as well merge it with another world. There is no way to grow outwards from the Core because the world is the size of some worlds Core that I played before.
I only started this world because I never played a church world in 10 years, I know now why people hate it so much but staying with it now lol
I think this world will not last longer than 6 months, its for 71 days open.

There are not many active players in this world so what we have here is more or less already the mid game after 71 days....

Some World facts:

Total Players 1.373
semi active players 300 (3000 points)
Active players 150. (15,000 points)
average players online at the same time 83 (probaply 80% from those 150)

Players over 15k points
SAWAD 27/30 + WTF? 28/30 + RKW/RKW2 31/54 + Catz 11/35 + No Hugs 17/29
Total = 94/150

63% of all active players are part of the top 5 tribes.
Only the top 10 tribes have a impact on the world.

In my opinion the tribe cap should be reduced from 35 to 20 members. That way more diversity would have been created and the world would feel larger than it is, but I guess you never know how many people actually join a world.
Oh also more family tribes that break apart soon as everyone has 100+ incoming xD

Yes, the game would be more fun if all diplomatic relations were broken and there was just War between everyone.
Sadly the game was never played that way, there were always alliances between tribes to feed off the weak so the members can prepare for the big tribe.
It was and will always be that way.

Tribal Wars is not even close what it used to be, crying about it does not make it better, the issue is that Innogames recognized that this game is a goldmine and started implementing the micro pay option.
I refuse to pay any money for this game lol but many people try to buy their way out instead of just farming it up.

PS: I usually judge people by how much they farm "in a day" because active farmer = active player.

DeletedUser707

About the member limit, this has been brought up a bunch of times and I hope W25 and onward has a lower member count as I 100% agree with you. Small server = small member cap. Unfortunately we have to try and balance pleasing newer players and older players. Newer players feel more comfort with larger member caps. Older players prefer smaller member caps. So I doubt you will see a world with 20 members. 35 is lower then what it use to be. Use to be 40+ then W23 was 30, this world was 35. So I would expect it to stay in this area.

DeletedUser6205

This is why I am starting to play .net too. So much larger than .us and so much more competitive. I mean lets be real here, the .us servers are dead, and average and below average players can compete here easily. I am with you Uldra, we need smaller member limits to tribes, that would help compensate for the lack of players on the .us server.

Also if there was a no farm world, that would bring in a lot more players (hint hint TW team...)

MNWT

Reaction score
The tribe member limit is pretty pointless. If you lower it to twenty, you're just going to have more "family" tribes. My first ever world was W4.net, and there was a tribe there called LIFE, and they had LIFE1-LIFE8. That gave me an intense hatred of family tribes that I have never overcome. The lower the member cap, the more instances of abuse you will have. You lower the tribe limit to 20 on a world like this, that doesn't "increase diversity" as Uldra says, it increases the number of family members each family has. An absolutely essential piece to crack down on this nonsense is to make it so you cannot support any person who isn't in your tribe. W23 was like that. Every world should be like that. You're still going to get the family tribe garbage, but at least it helps tamp down on the effectiveness of that particular noob tactic.

DeletedUser

I see your points, it's an extreme comparison I have made. But it does not change the fact that ya'll bored of this game and just wanna win :D

world with 20limit seems legit, and we could even MAYBE LIMIT the number of alliances?

What am I talking about here, get a world without PP (or back to ol' system) and "market it to old public" <~~

DeletedUser3827

Also if there was a no farm world, that would bring in a lot more players (hint hint TW team...)
This point is partly correct, because if there was a no farm world, certain players would even invest more money on raising ressource production and similar things, so that they would have a even bigger advantage then.

Deleted User - 419875

I see your points, it's an extreme comparison I have made. But it does not change the fact that ya'll bored of this game and just wanna win :D

world with 20limit seems legit, and we could even MAYBE LIMIT the number of alliances?

What am I talking about here, get a world without PP (or back to ol' system) and "market it to old public" <~~

There is a retro world going on right now.. if you read the Birthday events.

DeletedUser707

This point is partly correct, because if there was a no farm world, certain players would even invest more money on raising ressource production and similar things, so that they would have a even bigger advantage then.

It's actually going to make another small world like W24 if we did a no haul world. It's been proven on .net and other servers. Veterans like no haul worlds but statistically no haul worlds are just as small as 2 speed church worlds when you look at the size of the worlds over on .net.

Not saying there won't ever be a no haul world here, but when there is a no haul world it won't bring more players to play. It will be about the size of W24 maybe a little bigger.

DeletedUser

Yeah after this world we probaply move back to .net if US. does not gain on popularity.

Yes, lower tribe limit creates family tribes, Family tribes typically last as long as the first war, after that they break apart and become more smaller tribes = more tribes in the long run, more diversity, more Wars.
People will always try to find ways to cuddle their way trough, there is not much you can do about it.
I just make suggestions to contain the cuddles lol

I will not play a none farm world with the pay to win option LOL that's just ridiculous.
I have 1000 Dollars, I won .. yay...!!! Wait what?

This would be a World I would enjoy and I know many others would too.

- World Speed 1.0 - 1.5
- Unit Speed 1.0 - 1.5
- loot world
- none church
- simple tech
- Scouts can see everything depending on enemy scouts
Paladin (no weapons)
No Archers/MA
Militia up to 2 or 3 villages
only premium exchange, no option to cut building time with pp or get buildings cheaper.
(so innogames can still make their money on people that don't want to farm - I understand that they are not keeping their servers running for our pleasure)

The "increased" building time makes people hopefully focus more on troops and wars will more likely happen.

*New Part*
You can only support someone if he ether is in your tribe or you attack him with a noble.
The main reason I quit on W23 was because I was not able to defend enemy villages. Its not just because I don't feel like sharing my alliances with everyone (open warfare is boring) but also because its common practice to send support behind your train or send fake support behind your fake train.....

Yes, people will abuse this, especially in the mid/late phase when you have so many nobles you don't even know what to get next.
This is the only alternative I can think of that would make sense between support everyone you want or only support tribe mates, so if you support someone outside your tribe you have to sacrifice a noble for it for EACH village you want to support.

Looking forward to the response of a Staff member.

Edit: Why not try to make Worlds that favor more newer players and make Worlds that favor Veterans instead of trying to please everyone with each world. With pleasing everyone, you get the veterans in each world and they are just going to steamroll over everyone... :(