Changelog 8.210 reply thread

Reaction score
Since the reply thread doesn't allow us to post for some reason...

Map Graphics Overhaul

This is a biggie! The graphics of our ingame map will be completely updated. This is not only great news for new and mobile players, also Tribal Wars veterans will be especially happy: The new map graphics are based on our classic Tribal Wars world map - yes, the very first one - but with carefully redrawn and re-rendered graphics!

We've never been quite happy with the last map graphics changes, because it didn't reference the old design well enough, and it always just looked a little bit off. Also, the map has always been a bit outdated when playing on mobile and high resolutions, because the villages were created for much smaller screen sizes. To make the map better, we took our old assets and completely redrew them with high resolution graphics - finally, zooming in will no longer lead to eye sore.

The option to switch map graphics will be removed due to this change. But we are confident that this is a good tradeoff for the map finally looking like it is supposed to - and we are sure you will like it as well!

As a Tribal Wars veteran I am not especially happy :(:( Please re-allow CLASSIC, classic map graphics. Not these classic graphics that make me feel like I'm tripping on LSD...o_O

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
The sub-forum where the discussion threads are posted is a subforum where only mods have permission to reply :p

But yeah it's not really an improvement... preferred the old map

Franswa

Reaction score
Map is very archaic, have a hard time telling which villages are which, this was definitely not a player oriented upgrade. A 5k point village looks the same as a 9k point village. Please change it back, or give us back the option to switch between them,

Ex Machina

Reaction score
Ditto
The new map is very difficult to read. We can’t glance at the map and take in everything quickly. It is not user friendly or an improvement. Please give us the option of the old map.
Are there any players who think this map makes playing the game easier?