Re-touching on World 50 Settings

Reaction score
Since there hasn't been super active discussion, and world 50 will be approaching in the next month, I suggest we again evaluate optimal settings for world 50.

I am under the assumption that Kawoni will be submitting world 50 settings to Innogames a few weeks in advance of release date and settings will need to be approved, so this is not something that can be done last minute.

Here are my original announced settings, but with some possible ammendments so that it will be friendly for all players, veterans + noobs alike.

Settings

World speed 1.5
Unit speed .66
(maintain the 1 unit speed)
Morale Points + Time Based
Nobles Coins
Tech Simple
Paladin Yes (No Skill Books) Single Paladin Only
Bonus Vills Yes
Barbarians Growth to 1500
Church No
Watchtower No --> YES
Stronghold No
Attack gap 100ms
Choose start location Yes
Beginners protection 3 days
Tribe limit 10-15
Fake limit No --> 1%
Militia Yes
(This is needed to help newer players)
Hauls On (No Scavenging)
Archers/MA Maybe? --> No
Flags No

If The World Is Non-Premium (Market/Event) World

OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
-This world does NOT have ratio protection enabled

-Premium trading is not-active on this world (and other obtrusive premium features are disabled)

-Outside support IS enabled --> Outside Support is NOT Enabled AND UBER OUTSIDE SUPPORT SETTINGS ARE ACTIVATED (This means if a player leaves their tribe, all support is withdrawn and removed from the villages supported. This will prevent spiking and any other unnecessary roadblocks to newer players.

-Premium features like PA, Account Manager, Loot Assistant are enabled

-Pits Have an increased 50% Production (On 1 speed speed world, pits have a 30/30/30 at level one, increased production would result in 45/45/45) -
This results in a production of 67.5/67.5/67.5 on a 1.5 Speed World

-Night Bonus is not enabled

-Victory Requirements: After 180 days, one tribe must hold at least 70% of the player villages for 5 days

OTHER IMPORTANT CONFIG INFO that is never announced yet heavily affects the world:
<barbarian_rise>0.004</barbarian_rise>
(1.5 Speed world - The usual 1 Speed world is ~.003 barbarian_rise)
<base_production>45</base_production> (As I mentioned above)
<empty_villages>15</empty_villages> (15 Barbs per 100 players) - For example US Classic current has this number on 15
<bonus_villages>15</bonus_villages> (15 Bonus Villages per 100 players) - For example US Classic current has this number on 5

If The World Is a Premium (Market/Event) World

OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
-This world does NOT have ratio protection enabled

-Outside support IS enabled --> Outside Support is NOT Enabled AND UBER OUTSIDE SUPPORT SETTINGS ARE ACTIVATED (This means if a player leaves their tribe, all support is withdrawn and removed from the villages supported. This will prevent spiking and any other unnecessary roadblocks to newer players.

-Premium features like PA, Account Manager, Loot Assistant are enabled

-Pits Have an increased 50% Production (On 1 speed speed world, pits have a 30/30/30 at level one, increased production would result in 45/45/45) -
This results in a production of 67.5/67.5/67.5 on a 1.5 Speed World

-Night Bonus is not enabled

-Victory Requirements: After 180 days, one tribe must hold at least 70% of the player villages for 5 days

OTHER IMPORTANT CONFIG INFO that is never announced yet heavily affects the world:
<barbarian_rise>0.005</barbarian_rise>
(1.5 Speed world - The usual 1 Speed world is ~.003 barbarian_rise)
<base_production>45</base_production> (As I mentioned above)
<empty_villages>20</empty_villages> (20 Barbs per 100 players) - For example US Classic current has this number on 15
<bonus_villages>20</bonus_villages> (20 Bonus Villages per 100 players) - For example US Classic current has this number on 5

Reaction score
Providing some rationale for some of the changes from my previous forum post.

Single Paladin Only
--> 10 paladins (with skill books) can be extremely detrimental to players who don't understand how to best use them. They also create sort of a lategame standstill as paladins can easily be shifted to basically stack the frontline without any sort of skill involved, while lesser experienced players may be sending paladins at villages that aren't as viable, making them more open to assaults on their villages.

After playing world 45 with multiple players who lacked integral knowledge of the paladin system, it was pretty overwhelming to see that they'd leave their paladins in villages for 2 months that weren't being attacked, whilst players who are extremely well-rounded with paladins would be killing them off and rebuilding them in new villages within minutes.

Watchtower --> After experiencing watchtower firsthand, quite awhile after its release, it has shown me that watchtower is actually quite an important part of the game for players who aren't experienced.

If someone is pitted against an experienced tribe with no watchtower AND no fake limit, they can easily see 1000 timed fake attacks within the matter of 1 hour. Players new to the game (Likely coming from the new Steam addition) will likely be overwhelmed by such attacks and would rather quit and surrender their villages than spend hours to defend 1000s of attacks that they don't know the size of.

Fake Limit --> Same as above

Archers/Mounted Archers --> No need to introduce a new unit to the game that only has a lategame impact as archers/mounted archers are ALWAYS detrimental to build early game due to increased costs and heavily increased build times. The only time to produce archers while actually being efficient is after you've maxed out your farms and are settling for a more optimized build path.

No Scavenging --> While most of my settings I have entertained for newer players, I think no scavenging would have a nice feel for older players. Without ratio protection, older players will be able to farm those inactive individuals under a 20:1 ratio which sort of mimics the US worlds prior to the change in scavenging and ratio protection era.

Actually having to farm will bring an added skillset to the game which has been lacking while an increased base production in the world can allow players to grow faster than normal.

Outside Support DISABLED --> No reason to enable outside support as this would benefit those who are spiking villages and forming massive family tribes. Newer players may not understand the values of spiking and after losing their quest troops attacking a village they expected to be empty, they might lose interest in playing the game.

Flags --> With many new players possibly coming from steam, competing with individuals who have amassed flags over the last 10 years might be difficult to catch up with.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
I'd agree with the majority of the settings and reasonings to benefit both sides of the field, unless it's no PP I'll only farm it so my opinions not really relevant but watchtower, no scav and a fake limit is a little counter productive mainly due to the no scav.

The scav is what helps the newer players to grow and pull in resources(unless they're pushed towards spending on a PP world) so without it most would be sitting waiting on pitts so their growth would be stunted. The watchtower I don't like but I agree with your reasoning on it but I don't think there's a need for both wt and a fake limit, I'd say one or the other.

The 20:1 ratio doesn't help newer players so I don't see why it's actually a thing at all tbh and I've made that point since coming back on W32, all it does it cut down early farming. Being 20x a players size and being able to attack doesn't help anyone, 20k attacking 1k, 40k attacking 2k. All it does is minimise early micro farming of already inactive accounts so if TW team is looking for a balanced world(if it has PP) the above settings and reasonings do make most sense bar the need imo for both WT and fake limit together + the scav aspect for newer players growth. I'd personally enjoy a no scav world but for newer players it does help.

Reaction score
I'd agree with the majority of the settings and reasonings to benefit both sides of the field, unless it's no PP I'll only farm it so my opinions not really relevant but watchtower, no scav and a fake limit is a little counter productive mainly due to the no scav.

The scav is what helps the newer players to grow and pull in resources(unless they're pushed towards spending on a PP world) so without it most would be sitting waiting on pitts so their growth would be stunted. The watchtower I don't like but I agree with your reasoning on it but I don't think there's a need for both wt and a fake limit, I'd say one or the other.

The 20:1 ratio doesn't help newer players so I don't see why it's actually a thing at all tbh and I've made that point since coming back on W32, all it does it cut down early farming. Being 20x a players size and being able to attack doesn't help anyone, 20k attacking 1k, 40k attacking 2k. All it does is minimise early micro farming of already inactive accounts so if TW team is looking for a balanced world(if it has PP) the above settings and reasonings do make most sense bar the need imo for both WT and fake limit together + the scav aspect for newer players growth. I'd personally enjoy a no scav world but for newer players it does help.

I felt same way about fake limit and watch tower prior to w45 also.

Definitely not a "must" to keep both, but with introduction of some very effective and legal fake scripts, I believe it's nice to have both for all players.

In this day and age, any player can time 50+ timed fakes to a single second after spending just 5 minutes of their time clicking a script and entering coordinates because I know there are 2 scripts out there that are effective at doing so.

That being said, fake limit and watchtower isn't a must to keep both in, but just nice quality of life.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
Yeah that's a solid point, with my lack of using scripts I'd overlooked that lol. It's unfortunate for micro farming though but for a newer player balance its a solid point.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
It'd vary whether or not it was a Premium or non premium world but if premium(market exchange, half builds etc, all bar PA/AM/LA which are the basics the above does work well for a rounded world for older and newer players alike bar two exceptions,

One being scaving enabled for newer players to pull in easier resources, some older players may like to see it disabled but for newer players it'd work better if enabled.

Second being both watchtower and fake limit enabled but again like report mentioned above, with new scripts that time fakes for newer players both enabled would help them out considerably which creates a balanced aspect.

If non PP(<3) create any settings you want and we will love you all as its been something people have been hoping would happen for quite a while, bar 20:1 ratio(have mentioned why) and fake limit as that'd slow the world start down considerably.

Either way, point/time morale as opposed to purely point based morale would also stand very well across the board.

Reaction score
I think the thing most players are asking for is no PP.

If you make it no pp I don't think the rest of the settings will really matter.

However one thing I would like to see never come back is the .200ms attack gaps. This combined with watch towers, fake limit and other settings for newer players ruin the game in my opinion. .100 attack gap is the perfect attack gap in my opinion. .150 I can live with but .200 makes is so everyone can snipe and sniping is a skill that should be rewarded with harder attack gaps. Now taught as something everyone should be able to do because the settings allow. No other server uses .200 attack gaps from what I see and if they do its rare. Here its every world besides W49 and W46.