a Bug?

DeletedUser

Hey so w9 was a church world and everyone had to be condensed and relatively very tightly packed and as i joined it a month late, i have no idea how it looked at the very startup
but from wat i see of w10's startup compared to the .net startups
everyone is very very condensed and not many barbs are showing up.

even the village that i had before i restarted isnt found on the map.
is there something wrong here?
or is this how its suppose to be.

DeletedUser

This world spawns fewer barbs (just slightly - 2% fewer) than previous worlds. The players being more compact is likely due to player invites. In addition, player restarts do not leave a barb in its place on this world. That is one of the settings. This also contributes to the fewer number of barbs you are all seeing.

DeletedUser

So if you clear a player and are about to noble him, and he restarts, the village will gone, even though it's a hmmm.. 3k village? What happends if you have a noble train on the way to a player, and he restarts?

DeletedUser

No, that is not how it works. The only time that a player's village is removed is if they restart while still in beginner protection.

DeletedUser

No, that is not how it works. The only time that a player's village is removed is if they restart while still in beginner protection.

My apologies, I did not specify, it is only for beginner protection.

DeletedUser

not cool theres clusters of barbs showing up around the map and only one in my 15x15.
not even a bonus.
esp when i join 4hours after the others in my area and theyve already farmed it down..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The game spawns them randomly. It's all the luck of the draw. No one has any control over where the barbs pop up, or we'd have a lot of trained monkeys going "Now one there!"

DeletedUser

why dont you have those trained monkeys lol
anyways you on this world?

DeletedUser

We don't have monkeys for very good reasons.

1) They're monkeys.
2) They're monkeys.

Oh, and did I mention they're monkeys?

And let's not forget that monkeys are actually capable of being biased. I'm a robot, so I'm not biased at all :D.

I'm not, or I wouldn't be able to mod as I have :). I will likely join 11 to screw around, depending on my summer schedule, but nothing too serious. I haven't played .US since W3, I figure I might wanna get involved sometime in the future :D.

DeletedUser

i see.
well they're trained though..
trained to make things good for me.
biased towards me.

hire them for a future world, maybeh?

DeletedUser

We don't have monkeys for very good reasons.

1) They're monkeys.
2) They're monkeys.

Oh, and did I mention they're monkeys?

And let's not forget that monkeys are actually capable of being biased. I'm a robot, so I'm not biased at all :D.

I'm not, or I wouldn't be able to mod as I have :). I will likely join 11 to screw around, depending on my summer schedule, but nothing too serious. I haven't played .US since W3, I figure I might wanna get involved sometime in the future :D.

You're not biased, eh? ;)

Hop onto those w65 externals and test that theory, will you? ;)

DeletedUser

I don't mod the W65 externals, thank you very much ;). I can turn on and off robot state. Nifty little switch jesse gave me.

Anywho, back on topic you scoundrels!

kyrtgr

Reaction score
Lets stay off topic for a bit more :p
I think that these parameters control the barb and bonus villages spawning
<empty_villages>10</empty_villages>
<bonus_villages>5</bonus_villages>
(I think they were 8 and 3 yesterday?)
Can you explain in what way they control barb spawning please?

DeletedUser

Yes, those two parameters are what determine barb/bonus village spawning. I had originally set it to spawn 8% barbs and 3% bonus villages (meaning for every 100 player villages, 8 barbarian villages and 3 bonus villages would spawn. In listening to player feedback and looking at the map, I decided to increase it a little bit, hence the change.

DeletedUser1446

Lets stay off topic for a bit more :p
I think that these parameters control the barb and bonus villages spawning
<empty_villages>10</empty_villages>
<bonus_villages>5</bonus_villages>
(I think they were 8 and 3 yesterday?)
Can you explain in what way they control barb spawning please?

where do you see this?

DeletedUser

<coin_wood>28000</coin_wood>
<coin_stone>30000</coin_stone>
<coin_iron>25000</coin_iron>

ohh yeah, was tired of cheap nobles :p