a few questions

DeletedUser5993

1) is this guide any good:

http://deathfortress.hubpages.com/hub/tribalwars-tips#

I ask because ppl say you should only make full defense or full offense villages and not mixed yet the guide seems to be mixed village (a sit has both swords and spears (defensive troops) and LC and axe (offensive).

Is it normal for an offensive or defensive village to have SOME of the other troop type in it? Also a mixed village for your first village SOUNDS logical as i think farming with spears and swords wouldnt be half as effective as LC or axes right? so at least keep it mixed until your second village hen decommission one of the other troops types and replace them with the other type, right?

2) any tips for early farming (i.e farming blind because you dont have scouts yet) I hate waiting an hour for my troops to attack and return only to see i only have double digit resources because either someone near me farmed the village already or i farmed it a few hours ago and its resources are replenishing so slow farming it more than once every 24 hour is pointless, and i dont wanna risk farming the villages with triple digit points like myself without scouts out of fear that my spears, swords might get obliterated (or my axes/paladin).