A message for world three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hello forum goers,

Please let me clarify some things about Final Judgment. I realized that world 3 was becoming a bit of a battlefield and decided to employ a mod with the mission to be strict and unbiased. Unfortunately it may have been the wrong approach. Final judgment left the mod team for now and we are looking for someone suitable to tackle world3 once again.

Until we find a replacement Inga and myself will be taking care of this section. Let me begin by saying I really enjoy working on the forum and managing the support team. I also think our small community is holding itself very well, and when world 4 opens I hope we can finally break the 20.000 player mark for .us . That being said, things in this section have to change. I am getting really tired opening hate threads with verbal fist fights in them and spending my time cleaning them. Remember no one will want to join a community if it is full of conflict. I understand its a war game. But all this talk about racisim, and personal attacks on peoples characters is just getting old. I know who has been on the forum for a while, and I will not keep warning them again and again. Also, remember that the mod team decides what is appropriate and what is not. If you get an infraction point you may appeal, but at the end of the day we will make a decision you will have to accept. You don't have to like it, but you will have to accept our decision. We are here to enforce the rules, and if you don't like the way we run the community we are not forcing you to stay. Please do not see this as a threat, it is simply a statement, to those players who feel overly entitled. I do not wish to ban people, and will always avoid to punish players if possible. But I am forced to take measures as I do not like some of the thread content in this section. Please show some more respect for one another and I am sure we can improve and expand this forum ten-fold. Remember that every minute I spend here, is one less minute I spend improving our community with events, posts and TW bug reports. Please keep this in mind.

Another thing I wanted to say is Thank you! Since I started here at .us I have learned a lot about the forum and the community. Though I get destroyed in most games I play, I always get a new chance to play against you all when a new world open ;). This is a great forum with interesting people and I am looking forward to what the future holds in store for us.

Take care world3, and please be nice to one another!

Sincerely,

Gordon

DeletedUser

This is all very well and true.

However, we deserve a right to know if the "Final Judgment" account was or was not a current member of staff. And that if they were, they should be treated in EXACTLY the same way as this "moderator" has been...

DeletedUser

I thank you for the quick response to this problem. Through I must agree with Googly that we at least deserve an answer to who was in control of the final judgment account as there were to many things wrong there.

DeletedUser

I thank you for the quick response to this problem. Through I must agree with Googly that we at least deserve an answer to who was in control of the final judgment account as there were to many things wrong there.

I understand that you are curious, but please accept that the identity of final judgment will not be reviled, and you are not entitled to confidential support team information.

I would not hand out the real name, address, or phone number of any of my moderators for obvious reasons. I am sure you will understand.

DeletedUser

I would not hand out the real name, address, or phone number of any of my moderators for obvious reasons. I am sure you will understand.

We are not asking for the real name, address or phone number of the staff. We are asking if the person was already a forum moderator. Please stop trying to avoid the actual question...

DeletedUser

Were not asking for real life information o_O

All we want to know is whether this account was controlled by a forum staff member or whether he was another forum member who just made another account.

DeletedUser

I am sorry but this is attitude that I was referring to as "entitled". I clearly stated the identity will not be disclosed to the public, and yet I have to argue with the forum players. Please accept my decision. I will not discuss this issue any further.

DeletedUser

Yes OFLOW is right.hes the boss. Obey him :D
so Googly is the new Mod?(suggesting) :p

DeletedUser

I am disgusted by this.

If this wasn't an account owner by a member of staff, you would have said so.

As such, you are deliberately choosing to harm the community by lieing to us, and trying to protect somebody who by all rights should have been removed at the same time as Final Judgment for his behaviour on the account in question.

As a sign of protest I am removing all posts not relating to this subject from this forum. I only intend to return to this forum to discuss this topic at the present time, as I cannot play a server or be part of a community where the people in charge are prepared to take such action to harm the community.

DeletedUser1446

OFLOW what i´ll say to you i´ll say to all comunity... We need to understand that you are the Comunity Manager and we all need to BELIEVE that you do your best for this .US server (and i do believe that you do)

I thank you for changing the mod but you must agree that so much time to prepare the mods and one day after he IS a mod you dismiss him...(you have to agree that´s odd...and that´s why Googly has this opinion)

Finishing by saying best regards!

Bring news from US4 lolololol:p

DeletedUser1093

Shut up Googly...:p

OFLOW what i´ll say to you i´ll say to all comunity... We need to understand that you are the Comunity Manager and we all need to BELIEVE that you do your best for this .US server (and i do believe that you do)

I thank you for changing the mod but you must agree that so much time to prepare the mods and one day after he IS a mod you dismiss him...(you have to agree that´s odd...and that´s why Googly has this opinion)

Finishing by saying best regards!

Bring news from US4 lolololol:p

pfft, suck up.

Somebody is trying to get themselves a ban hammer ^.^

DeletedUser

I am sorry but this is attitude that I was referring to as "entitled". I clearly stated the identity will not be disclosed to the public, and yet I have to argue with the forum players. Please accept my decision. I will not discuss this issue any further.

I don't believe it is called "entitled" I believe it should be called "requesting" and what we are requesting is an honest answer as to were this person came from and who was controlling this account.

If this was a forum staff member, then it was clear abuse by that staff member and should be addressed. I don't want to particpate in a forum were the staff can abuse their priveleges and the public can't get an honest answer. This would not happen on .net and I don't believe for a second that the staff of .net would resposne in such a manner.

DeletedUser

Time for a double post ^^

I must say, that I can't believe that InK was allowed to abuse his priveleges as a forum staff member by making this second account. And I'm schoked that OFLOW allowed for InK to do this and abuse his priveleges.

As soon as i'm done playing US3 I'm returning to .net where at least I know the forum staff is honest and realiable with the public.

DeletedUser

Time for a double post ^^

I must say, that I can't believe that InK was allowed to abuse his priveleges as a forum staff member by making this second account.

If you have proof of this, post it, otherwise it's probably wise to keep speculation on specific people to yourself

DeletedUser

Honestly this is getting ridiculous. Fine, hide the jackass of the forums, dont tell us who it is. But at least you took it away after complaints, so we know the voices of us community members IS being heard...

DeletedUser

If you have proof of this, post it, otherwise it's probably wise to keep speculation on specific people to yourself

Look what happened to Googly when he said the same thing. I'm doing the samething to see if I get the same result. Because I don't care if I get banned.
A) Nothing happens in these forums for me to care about not getting banned.
B) I'm leaving this server after I'm done playing US3.

Plus think about, the date the Final Judgment account was made wasy May 26,2011. The same day he became a mod. He also acted somewha like InK. Then after the mass of complaints he is removed after 1 day, and this the only answer we get?! I won't settle for it. Its positevly disgusting when mods can abuse there priveleges in such a manner and not be removed. I'm actualy going to go email Innogames about this as I can't stand such clear abuse of power.

DeletedUser

Googly I seem to remember you were extremely against mod bashing. You're a hypocrite imo ..

What does it matter who was on the FJ account? The past is the past, the only path forward is straight on in time.

DeletedUser623

Umm I wouldn't necessarily call what he is doing mod bashing. All hes doing is looking for answers. And yes it does matter.

DeletedUser

Umm I wouldn't necessarily call what he is doing mod bashing. All hes doing is looking for answers. And yes it does matter.

Why. The fact of the matter is that we probably had got a little out of hand in our attacks at each other in the forum so they took the neccesary steps to stop that.

DeletedUser

To OFLOW and those whom knew.
I have sat, watched and waited patiently through the arrival, departure and lack of explanation to the community as to the series of events that have occurred since the creation of the "Final Judgment" acc.
The intentional mis-interpretation that any member would feel entitled to the personal details of a particular member of staff is ridiculous and frankly, had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would have thought it beneath you, OFLOW. I assume that you are under-staffed, if you are I sympathise with the situation that I and others have helped create, by making the need for stronger moderation of W3 a priority.

However, sympathy aside, I am delighted with realisation that the moderation on W3 is badly in need of improvement and actually has a higher priority from our/the consumers view point than
....working on the forum and managing the support team.
A number of us still remain disappointed that the issue needed to be forced (in our opinion) in the first place.

Remember no one will want to join a community if it is full of conflict.

In balance I believe there are also many whom believe that others will want to join the community because there is a certain amount of conflict. In my humble opinion, a little tension in the forums attracts players like honey does bees.

If this make your life a little bit more difficult I'm sorry, though I am not sorry enough to change to suit you. I come to these forums to enjoy myself. Some times even to indulge in being provocative. I make no claims to any entitlement and no apologies for my words. If I break the rules I expect to an infraction, if I continue to do so I fully and quite rightly expect to be banned. On a rare occassion, if the point is important enough I will happily risk another infraction. The 1 I have was fully warranted for a blatant attempt to circumvent the rules and 1 point was probably a lenient judgement.

Yes, I fully agree, that we may have lowered the tone of this forum, quite frequently in a pre-meditated way, which by now, you have of course, realised. A very important issue in itself but not why you were asked you to reply in the forums. In fact, it was the cause, but that it is somewhat irrelevant to the effects and the issues that have been raised by what transpired next.

You appear to have circumvented the tried and tested way in which mods that we know and usually respect, or at least recognise, from members of the playing community. If the mod came to us from another server it could have been made transparent quite easily as you full well know.

At this point, this and this alone, is the issue and what the calls for answers is all about.

It may be unfair to you and easier to respond with like for like but it is necessary that we hold you to a higher standard than that which we set for ourselves. I admit, we resorted to guerilla warfare with some very dirty tactics. We thought we had won when you introduced a new mod., but it seems that you have simply sunk to our standards while you ask us to raise ours.

As baldy as I can put it, that is hypocritical. Some issues are worth a ban and I will gladly accept any punishment I earn for the statement I have just made.

To the members.
Looking through the list of people who have made a post in this thread, those who have not made a post that could have earned an infraction in the past week(*the 1's you were not infracted for) are in a very tiny minority and those who have know who you are. Yes, we should expect higher standards but I would urge everybody to show some respect for the previous hard work and to acknowledge the part all of us have played leading up to this impasse. I for 1 have certainly made a very tough and thankless job, more so.

None of us are infallible and it is just as unreasonable and unjust to expect flawless and faultless modding at all times.

Disappointedly, I add my voice to the call for each and every question to be answered in relation to this modding mis-judgement. Unless you set a standard here we have nothing to aim at.

Answer the questions and I will happily take any punishment judged to higher standards you feel is warranted. Start with this post if you like. I would also be fine with you using it as an example.

Perhaps, never being on the receiving end of InK's modding, I may not be in a position to comment but these are my forums too and I maintain each opinion is valid so I urge caution in what you ask for in retribution, for fear that you might just get it.
InK's tireless efforts to constantly make improvements to the content of these forums is evident in practically every section.

For the record: I have never previously spoken to either OFLOW or InK before yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.