Art of Backtiming

DeletedUser

Author: chuckles aka chucklefang

Backtiming: To dodge an attack and use this strategy to follow their offensive troops back to their village and hit them right after their troops return.

Backtiming is a strategy in which you attack a person that is attacking you. The only catch is the timing in which you attack them. Say me and sivvy hate each other. Sivvy sends a ram speed attack at me. He is sending, let's say 4k axes, 1.5k cav and 200 rams. A good sized nuke at this point. I know good and well that I cannot hope to defeat that on the defense.

Well let's say sivvy's attack village is 5 hours away from me by ram. That means it takes his troops 5 hours to get from his village to mine, then 5 hours back. Now back to his troops. I mentioned there would be no way to properly defend against his troops on the defense so how do I kill them?

Of course I go on the offensive. You can do this multiple ways. I have found the easiest way is to do this. About 2 minutes before the enenmy's atack lands set up 2 tabs on what ever browser you use. For the first one click on the enemy's attacking village. From there click send troops. Fill in all your off that you have or are going to use. Then click attack. DO NOT OK YET!

Just leave it at the ok screen. Ok now go back to your other tab. This will be your dodging tab. So let's review, you now have two tabs open. One with your troops all set to atack the enemy, the other just sitting somewhere. Now back in the dodge tab go to your map. In the best scenario you should click on a village that is adjecent to your own village. At ram speed it should take your troops and even 30 mins tues to get to that village. Again selct all your troops.

Now here comes the important part. When your enemy's troops are exactly 1 minute and 2 seconds away from your village you send your troops to either attack or support the village right beside you. Now you should have no troops in your village since they are on the way to either support or attack the village right beside you. You then wait 30 seconds. You click cancel on your last command which was to support or attack the village right beside you. The result should be the enemy's attack lands a fraction of a second before your troops get back to your village. Now at this point you should still have the tab set up that has all your off troops targeting the enemy village.

Ok now it comes time for fast fingers. The order should be this. Enemy attack lands and bounces off. Your troops get back right after. You change tabs to the attack tab and launch. The result should be that your troops are marching right behind the enemy's troops. This leaves them a very small margin to get their off troops out of the village before your attack lands. If done properly, less then a second. Of course this does require lots of practice. It can really pay off as it has for me many times in the past. Besides what better feeling is there than killing person's full off who has been attacking you?

If anyone doesn't understand this please message me and when I get bak on here I will go back through and try to help you.

Word to the wise though, make sure your troops slowest speed matches up with the enemies or it won't work.. lol

An addendum. I like to send Rams a split second before his troop arrive back at his village and then my nukes hits after it returns. It has been my experience I get many more troops back

Sometimes the best way to stop an attacker is to hit his offensive troops when they return to his village.

The basics.
1 He attacks
2 You jump the attack by removing all your troops
3 His attack hits and drops your wall but kills no troops
4 Your troops return after his attack passes then you attack him
5 Your troops kill his troops in his village.

The long version

The Art of Backtiming

Have you ever been pure offensive and seen an incoming? This guide provides thorough details of how to react in such a scenario.

Firstly, you must time the incoming speed. Work out what units are coming at you, and if you have time send scouts to the attackers village, see what he has there. If you cannot defend it, then you must dodge it. The aim of this is to counter attack the opponent and kill their offensive units, losing a minimal ammount of your own.

It's possibly the most effective defensive tactic in the game.

When you've calculated the type of troops incoming, you then need to work out at what second they'll return to there home village. This is relatively easily done. If the attack hits at 14:00:00 and took 1 hour to get there, it will return to the home village at 15:00:00. This is when you need your attack to land. You must decide which troops you want to counter with, they cannot travel at the same speed as the attackers. Axemen are ideal early on, to avoid LC losses, but this isn't always possible. Calculate the time required for your troops to get to the attackers village. For example if this takes 0 hours 33 minutes and 21 seconds, you would need to send your attack out at 14:26:39:000.

A simple timescale:

13:00:00:000 - You notice an incoming, time it, it's rams.
14:00:00:000 - The attack hits you, but gains no resources and kills no troops.
14:26:39:000 - You send your axemen to his village
15:00:00:000 - His troops return
15:00:00:100 - Your offensive units clear him

I hope this makes sense so far.

Things to bear in mind:

1. After an attack has struck, it returns exactly on the second. If it's due to return at 12:56:13:523 it will return at 12:56:13:000.

2. You must clear your village of resources, don't let the aggressor make profit from you.

3. Make sure you dodge it so your troops return within a few seconds, at most minutes, of the attack hitting.

4. www.twstats.com has a useful feature regarding timing, which will come in handy for more complex time-related calculations.

5. Different troops travel at different speeds, your party will move at the speed of the slowest unit. To manipulate your attack speed, simply send 1 swordsman, ram, or other unit that isn't relevant for the attack.

There are 2 types of backtiming:

Pre-emptive

You see an incoming at Light Cavalry speed. This cannot be countered after it has struck as Light Cavalry are the fastest units. Therefore, you need to hope it's a genuine attack, and send your slower troops out before it has hit.

For example:

14:00:00:000 - Notice an incoming
14:15:00:000 - Send axemen to his village
14:30:00:000 - The incoming hits, and leaves, empty handed.
15:00:00:000 - His troops return, a wasted journey.
15:00:00:100 - Your troops clear him.

Subsequent

This is as explained above. However the troops you want to counter him with are faster than the ones he sent at you. Therefore you see what his incoming attack is, and then send your troops out.

For example:

14:00:00:000 - Notice an incoming
14:30:00:000 - The incoming hits, and leaves, empty handed.
14:45:00:000 - You send the attack
15:00:00:000 - His troops return, a wasted journey.

Last edited by a moderator: