Attack Of The Horde Event Guide

Reaction score
In my opinion, this is basically the best event (strongest/overpowered) offered by Tribalwars - When TW offers it, they know it's going to strengthen their balance sheet for the fiscal year ;)

Defenders of the Inner Castle DOES have a better rate of premium to warehouse %, but this event has by far the best items for a good price.
The Item List/Details:

LzjyHiG.png

esr9cfD.png

SBIytF1.png
< here for images
While some events have a flag doubler and warehouse % as the only "worth it" buyable items lategame, this event has it all.

If you're spending on the event I suggest picking up these items

Axe Booster (15%) - Great for late game fights, rare item that you won't see many events.
Sword Booster (15%) - Great for late game defending, rare item that you won't see at many events -> If you're not running these 24/7 when being attacked, the enemy is going to always focus your account as a week link, and you'll be crying that you didn't pick enough of these up
Heavy Cavalry Booster (20%) - Even though HC suck in this game apart for mobile defense, this 20% buff does give it the strength it needs to be a viable defensive unit. Super rare, and super Valuable.
Good Connections - great to pick up for any mint village. Having that extra 100,000 saves a ton of resource overflow and generally pays for itself if you pick one up in the early stage of the world.

War Footing - If you're not a heavy spender/war pack buyer YOU NEED TO GET MANY OF THESE ITEMS DURING THE EVENT. Depending on what team you play with... If your team is actually looking to win the world, we've reached a stage where many players in the top tribe purchase War packs. It's FINE if you don't but they are going to be recruiting units 25% faster than you. If you send your nukes out to die during an OP and need to rebuild, if you don't have war packs and the sweats on your team want to attack quickly, you're going to be sending 3/4 nukes while they send fulls. Pick up a bunch of these so when your troops die after an OP, you can ensure your nukes are full strength for the next fight.

LEGIT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN'T PP IS TROOPS IN THIS GAME... SO IF YOU AREN'T A WAR PACK BUYER.... YOU NEED AS MANY OF THESE AS YOU CAN GET - Your tribe leaders will actually appreciate you and not plot behind your back to internal you...

For Sweaty Players:

10% warehouse
is the obvious choice for a majority of your spend. Rates for it are great (more detail later) and infinite resources keep this game from slowing down.

Construction Booster: If you want to have quick mint cycles without having to drop tons of premium, construction booster does speed up your mint cycles by about 10-15%.... Saving an extra day definitely makes a difference in the long run. If you've got a big budget (and are wondering how other players are minting and re-minting so quickly... Run a 25 Headquarters and pop these on the daily.

Now for the gameplay of the event:
I swear this event isn't that hard to learn, but there's always someone that spends 100,000 premium on an event and magically seems to end up with like 10 farm10% boosts then wonder where the rest of their money went.

When playing, select a unit - And make sure each unit is different when you begin. (just go the first 5 units - Don't need to get fancy)

This ENSURES YOU ARE REMOVING THE MOST POSSIBLE OPTIONS FROM THE UNIT POOL

r5tFZ7U.png

Now you are given information.

Q3D5V2x.png

The crossbow/knives can no longer be used, while 2 other items are used somewhere else.

We want to narrow down the rest of the options (hammer/scimitar) while also checking if there is another halberd... so the new suggestion to play looks like this.

EeLVxBq.png

Result:

jX9O3qn.png

Now we know the 4 options guaranteed in this game left over:

Hammer
Scimitar
Morning Star
Big Axe

All you have left to do is place them in the correct slot, so keep rearranging until they fit

aFSNxZs.png

LnWHH50.png

Info how we did round 3-4
Often, the game will show you only 1 option, so you can use process of elimination to break it down and confirm which weapon is GUARANTEED to go in each spot.

I suggest checking each slot to see if there's a single unit choice... which will allow you to solve MUCH QUICKER.

In this case, on the 4th turn, the hammer COULD ONLY FIT IN THE 3rd SLOT. SO WE KNEW THE HAMMER WOULD GO IN THE 3rd SLOT.

The scimitar couldn't be in SLOT 4... because on turn 3 we tried it there -> THIS FORCED THE SCIMITAR INTO SLOT 5.

NOW THROUGH PROCESS OF ELIMINATION - THE MORNING STAR COULD ONLY GO IN SLOT 4... GUARANTEEING WE FINISH AND WIN ON ROUND 4.

If you didn't check all slots on round 4, then you might have messed up and spent an additional attack plan

Here is a full video of me playing the event - So you might understand how it goes:

(it's process of elimination - on turn 3, by checking all options - I KNEW WHERE THE SCIMITAR HAD TO GO -> WHICH SHOWS ME EXACTLY WHERE THE HAMMER AND AXE NEEDED TO GO)

Now lets talk about rates:
When playing this event, expect to complete it on your 4th try (on average) if your brain isn't completely melted...
That costs 2 attack plans to start a new battle opportunity, and 4 to complete each run.

6 attack plans will cost you 48 premium points.

6 attack plans will earn you approximately 1175 guidons

One warehouse 10% will cost you 4000 guidons, or approximately 163 premium points

szUl2hG.png

As for the other items, I have made a quick calculation chart if you really need it.

TXNtxNd.png

Be a TEAM PLAYER. DON'T JUST GET WH% BOOST.

GET BOOSTERS AND IF YOU DON'T BUY WAR PACKS, GET WAR FOOTINGS.
It's ultimately up to you, but make sure you are well-defended against enemies, because with an event as strong as this... people will be hitting hard with war footings and axe boosters.

Thanks for reading,

Steve/Report/The Guide