B8x / Guide for The Design of Maps

DeletedUser438

Welcome To All

This is my guide on how to make a map using photoshop.

Step 1: Go to TW Stats Map tool w49 choose your tribes and settings as shown here:

Make sure the zoom is at 200% and the markers only box and continent grid box are both checked; everything else you can leave as default.

Step 2: Go to new.. in photoshop and make sure the screen which has popped up looks somewhat like this:

Now go back to tw stats and copy the map. Paste it in the new canvas and set the zoom at the side to 100% (In photoshop).

Step 3: Make sure you are selecting Layer 1 (The map) and click on the eyedropper tool (The one that looks like a syringe) and click on one of the coloured

dots on the map. Go to select>>colour range and make sure the settings are as follows: .
Press ctrl + j and you should see a new layer pop up in the side bar. Rename it of the tribe which you did the colour range for e.g.

Do this for each colour making sure you have selected layer 1 first (otherwise it copy's nothing).

Step 4: Now your layers should look like this: .
You now need to click on the top layer (For me it's called ALL4-1). Click on the magic wand (Looks like a staff/wand) and select somewhere in the black area. You should see all the dots of that tribe be selected. Press ctrl + shift + i, the dots go smaller. Now go to select>>modify>>expand, and expand by 2 pixels (This can be varied, e.g. if there are more tribes in the map maybe make it 1 pixel). Now go to select>>modify>>smooth, and select 1. Press delete on your keyboard. Select the eyedropper tool again and select the colour of the dot and using the paint bucket click on one of the dots of the tribe. Or alternatively just select the colour from the colour chart and fill in.
Do this for every tribe layer and it should look somewhat like this:

Step 5: So at this point the map looks pretty hideous so were gonna spice it up! So click on the top layer (Mine is ALL4-1) and right-click and select blending options. Play around with the settings to your taste. I change mine pretty regularly but I went with these options for this map:

. Now once that is done right-click on the layer we have just done the blending options for and select copy layer style. Go to each tribe layer and right-click and select paste layer style.

Presto! Those ugly dots look much better. Here's what mine looks like: .

Step 6: Now we need to go back to TW Stats-Map Tool-w49
You need to choose these settings this time:

Generate new map and you will have a green background with aload of red dots. Copy map and go back to photoshop. Press ctrl + n to make a new layer and put it under layer 1. Paste the new map in there. Click on the eye of layer 1 in the layers tab to make layer 1 invisible. Now select the new layer and select the eyedropper tool. Click on the red dots (Note: Not the red colour of the tribe but the mass amount of red dots which represents the other villages in the world. Go select>>colour range, same settings as before, ctrl + j. So now we can either keep the map with the green or fill in the map's background with a different colour. If you want to keep the green then select the eyedropper tool, click in the green (This is in layer 2 btw/the layer we just used to get the red). Press ctrl + n to make a new layer and fill it with green using the paint bucket.
For this one im going to fill it with a nice grey so in layer 1 just select the colour of your choice from the colours selection and using the paint bucket fill each square with your desired colour. (For this you need to click the eye again to make layer 1 visible). We can also delete layer 2 now as it is no longer needed or just make it invisible.

Step 7: Congrats, if you've made it this far (sorry if im boring:( ) your map is almost complete. We now need to select layer 3 (the layer with the mass amount of red dots in). In the layers tab your going to want to lower the opacity to your liking, 50% and under should do the job. Make sure layer 3 is moved above layer 1 otherwise nothing changes .:)
That's the map done! If you want to add the tribe names/your own personal stamp on the map then just create a text layer type in what you want and paste the layer style or change the blending option settings to your personal liking.

Thanks for listening and im looking forward to seeing some more nice maps in w49!

My finished product:

EDIT:Sorry :( about the size of the post and the crap quality of the pictures (that's just the snipping tool I was using yours shouldn't look like that .

Another observation: I wish to excuse me because I put 49 world maps
But unfortunately I have not confirmed site statistics tribal war piece set 49 world maps

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
spoiler bbcode was just now added to the forums so I added them to original post where necessary, but for future reference now that they can be used, please put all images larger than 700x700 pixels inside of spoiler tags like so:

[ /spoiler]

(Without the spaces.)