Barb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As odd as this is going to sound, that's not true, barbs can noble players. If I have one village and a noble train and launch the train at you and then restart before it lands the attacks go through, and lower loyalty, and if lowered below 0 you are nobled by a barbarian and the village goes barb. Has happened a few times on .net as a way of adding insult to injury so to speak.

You are correct, but the circumstances must be very specific. You must only have 1 village and a noble train, send and then restart. If you try to delete it wont work or if you have more than 1 village (therefore requiring a delete) it wont work. If you delete your account it goes barb in 5 days or 120 hrs. Nobles have a maximum travel distance of 116 hrs 40 minutes. Once you set your account to delete you cannot log back in without canceling the delete.

DeletedUser

You are correct, but the circumstances must be very specific. You must only have 1 village and a noble train, send and then restart. If you try to delete it wont work or if you have more than 1 village (therefore requiring a delete) it wont work. If you delete your account it goes barb in 5 days or 120 hrs. Nobles have a maximum travel distance of 116 hrs 40 minutes. Once you set your account to delete you cannot log back in without canceling the delete.

Delete time is not set in stone... Deletion is SUPPOSED to happen at a specific time it can happen up 12 hours before or after 5 days dependent on when in the day you set your account to delete. Also deletion time is again a setting, something which can be changed.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
but the circumstances must be very specific. You must only have 1 village and a noble train, send and then restart. If you try to delete it wont work or if you have more than 1 village (therefore requiring a delete) it wont work. If you delete your account it goes barb in 5 days or 120 hrs. Nobles have a maximum travel distance of 116 hrs 40 minutes. Once you set your account to delete you cannot log back in without canceling the delete.

You're incorrect. Completely.

Deletion takes anywhere from just over 96 hours to just under 120 hours.

Specifically it takes 5 maintenance periods.

If maintenance is 5:00 ST and I delete at 4:59 I will delete 96 hours and 1 minute later. That's far less than 116 hours and 40 minutes.

As for maximum noble distance:

That's another get_config setting that's viewable like barbarian_rise.

<max_dist>
</max_dist>

That time is correct on W1 and 2 us, but it isn't on all worlds, nor is it likely to be on all future .us worlds.

Whoever it is you're asking for the answers (It's obvious you're asking someone, you didn't even know what get_config was when this thread was made.) before replying with their answers doesn't seem to be getting their answers from me like they should be.

In the future when debating whether or not to argue game mechanics with me I'd suggest not doing so unless your name happens to be mattcurr, muldeh, Gorth or Purple Predator as they are the only people on the .us server that have an understanding of the game that compares to mine.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nauzhror said:
As odd as this is going to sound, that's not true, barbs can noble players. If I have one village and a noble train and launch the train at someone and then restart before it lands the attacks go through, and lower loyalty, and if lowered below 0 you are nobled by a barbarian and the village goes barb. Has happened a few times on .net as a way of adding insult to injury so to speak.

The report may show that you were nobled by a barbarian, but let's be perfectly honest; the player nobled you. The player is the one who launched the train, not the barbarian. Actions are initiated by a player, not the barbarian, and that's what was meant. If you want to get into the semantics of it, take it somewhere else. If this question has been answered, I think that's all we need, because Nauz massaging his already over-massive ego is not something we all want to see daily.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No need to argue, was a good discussion and Nauzhror was stating factual information.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The report may show that you were nobled by a barbarian, but let's be perfectly honest; the player nobled you.

Not only does the report say the barb nobled you, but the targeted village becomes an abandoned village when the nobles land, and TWStats also lists Abandoned as the cnquering player .

PS: Your name's not Purple Predator, Gorth, muldeh, or mattcurr either (from hereon known as TGOPBTY -The group of people better than you), nor do you understand the game any more thoroughly, if you'd like to argue otherwise please explain to me what empty_village, func, inner, hb_offset, hb_interval, and other various internal world setting values all mean and how they affect your startup and how you should adapt to each for an optimum start.

Status
Not open for further replies.