Basic Rules/Questions - Q&A

DeletedUser2068

with the anagram LMFAO, I guess it could only be used when mentioning the band itself?

DeletedUser

"The name LMFAO is an initialism for "Laughing My ******* Ass Off""

Even the band uses it, that's what they intend. I took that from their wikipedia page. Not the best site, but it is a source :p.

So no :D.

DeletedUser

So just making sure, you couldnt say hey guys did you hear the new LMFAO song?

DeletedUser

In off-topic, maybe. I'm not moderator there, and I'd leave that decision up to Inga no Kusari. But obviously it'd have no place here, and it wouldn't be allowed anyways :).

DeletedUser

For those who use a lot LMFAO i suggest the use of LOL (Laughing Out Loud)

@topic

Good rules, now, only those who really want to get an infraction will get it :D

DeletedUser

Ass is not considered infractionable profanity most of the time, but if you begin to use it excessively, I will take action. Can't have you cursing up a storm using "ass" solely because you can get away with it :p.

DeletedUser2069

"CBS Cares"

I think this is a good post to of put up Or-el many people needed this I think this shouldnt be just set to W4 forum area but the whole forum like an announcement thing

DeletedUser

Well, I may shortly be working on an all-inclusive guide that all moderators will follow with the other moderators, and as a result we may see something similar posted in every forum :).

DeletedUser2069

Well, I may shortly be working on an all-inclusive guide that all moderators will follow with the other moderators, and as a result we may see something similar posted in every forum :).

INGA someone is gunning for your job :p

DeletedUser

Psh, he's the one who'll be doing most of the work, I'm too lazy to want to be an elder :p.

/me is now safe to continue plans to overthrow Inga :eek:.

DeletedUser

So please, feel free to post/ask questions! However, any spam (and I mean any spam) will be removed and warned for, or infracted for. This thread is the one thread I won't tolerate any spam on :p. So please be careful not to do that :).

Thanks,
u6s5l.

U6 give yourself a warning :D.

On topic: ver convenient thread. Thanks a lot.

DeletedUser

i wasnt sure if ass was considered but i guess not

Just use other alternativess : Donkey, Booty, etc

Also thanks for the clarification Inga, Also if you say a profanity in another language and you a give an incorrect translation to make it seem not as bad do you still get infracted?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, you do. Incorrect translations are obviously not allowed, because it would defeat the purpose of the "English only" rule. In addition, if you try to downplay it, and we can find out if it's profanity in that other language fairly easily, then it'll be apparent that you tried to avoid punishment, which only makes the punishment harsher because you knew it was wrong :).

DeletedUser

I thought that moderators acted differently on things depending on their viewpoint of how bad something is? Some simply warn on one topic, others will let it be and some will infract for it (for example, I got infracted by one staff member for using the term "Noob" as it is a word against the forum rules, but I've used it about 40 times since and it's been ignored since then).

It kinda takes away that luxury of the moderating team, and makes them have even less freedom to make judgment decisions for themselves. I'd personally suggest letting each member of the team decide for themselves, as opposed to forcing more rules on them.

Speaking of noobs, can you please update the thread to cover the topic of noobs? I'd quite like to see if it is still banned on this forum as a term :p

DeletedUser

ok back to my question about political ideologies...can i post a picture of swastika?

If someone has and persons name in their profile, that is an profanity in a nother language, is it allowed? (yes im talking about Olivia Munn..google what it means in Estonian :D)

DeletedUser

Swastika means peace and freedom so you should be able to.

Olivia munn is an American actor.

Last edited by a moderator: