Basic Rules/Questions - Q&A

DeletedUser

ok back to my question about political ideologies...can i post a picture of swastika?

If someone has and persons name in their profile, that is an profanity in a nother language, is it allowed? (yes im talking about Olivia Munn..google what it means in Estonian :D)

Swastika means peace and freedom so you should be able to.

Olivia munn is an American actor.

This is obviously in reference to the external forum, but if I saw a Swastika posted as a pic in game, it would be removed and the player punished for it. A swastika may have an alternate meaning of peace, but the most commonly accepted meaning of the symbol is far from it.

How about some common sense. It seems people are looking for any and all loopholes to find a way to post something that in the spirit of the rules, shouldnt be. What possible purpose would someone want to post a pic of a swastika with the exception of trying to incite an angry discussion?

DeletedUser

Well actually I think he meant for his coa maybe. The main definition of a swastika is peace and forever before the 1940 a swastika was a sign for peace and friendship. If you don't allow it then that's fine but I was just stating my opinion.

DeletedUser

I thought that moderators acted differently on things depending on their viewpoint of how bad something is? Some simply warn on one topic, others will let it be and some will infract for it (for example, I got infracted by one staff member for using the term "Noob" as it is a word against the forum rules, but I've used it about 40 times since and it's been ignored since then).

It kinda takes away that luxury of the moderating team, and makes them have even less freedom to make judgment decisions for themselves. I'd personally suggest letting each member of the team decide for themselves, as opposed to forcing more rules on them.

Speaking of noobs, can you please update the thread to cover the topic of noobs? I'd quite like to see if it is still banned on this forum as a term :p

Oh, I guarantee that even if I do create such a guide, then the interpretations of it will be different, just as the rule interpretations vary slightly. I know for a fact that it wouldn't end up creating "robot" mods, so to speak :). Nor would I be forcing it, it's just an idea I'd propose, and we'd see if we all agreed enough on certain basic rule tenets to clarify them, such as what is profanity and what is off-topic. Yes, there's still room for judgment calls and moderator preference, but when many players might still be confused if "bitch" is a bad word, or "ass", I think it may be in our best interest to clarify, no?

ok back to my question about political ideologies...can i post a picture of swastika?

If someone has and persons name in their profile, that is an profanity in a nother language, is it allowed? (yes im talking about Olivia Munn..google what it means in Estonian :D)

As far as a swastika, I would not personally allow it. No, it's not because I'm Jewish, before someone makes that excuse. I'm well aware that a swastika was a symbol of power for Hitler, but at the same time he derived that symbol from Indian religions such as Buddhism, where it means peace and spiritual victory. However, the image itself is inflammatory because of its history, and as a result could incite flaming. There is no need to take the risk on something like that in allowing it.

As far as the person's name, as long as the person's name is real and the person is famous (it can't be some random person's name that you're trying to use for profane reasons), then I'd allow it.

DeletedUser

Yes, there's still room for judgment calls and moderator preference, but when many players might still be confused if "bitch" is a bad word, or "ass", I think it may be in our best interest to clarify, no?

A valid point. I'd still like clarification on the bannability of using the term "noob" on the forum. Partly because I still don't get why I got infracted purely for using that term when it is actually in the tribalwars terminology thing ingame :p

DeletedUser

Haha that's true. Noob is not considered profanity and who ever wrote the tribalwars guide/index/term/Thingy would then get banned too:D.

DeletedUser

I'd have to see the context. In a general sense, calling someone a noob is an in-game insult, and is therefore allowed. However, I do realize that at the start of the server, we were (and still are) encouraging players to come to the forums. At the beginning of the server, though, it was a much more concerted effort, and as a result you may have received a punishment because you took the "noob" comment too far, and were discouraging. However, I'm not entirely sure. Like I said, I'd need context. If you do want me to look it over, you have to PM me with that.

In the meantime, I will not infract anyone for "noob" so long as it's referring to in-game experience. If you say "You are a noob at life", then expect it to be taken as a RL insult ;).

DeletedUser

Oh, I guarantee that even if I do create such a guide, then the interpretations of it will be different, just as the rule interpretations vary slightly. I know for a fact that it wouldn't end up creating "robot" mods, so to speak :). Nor would I be forcing it, it's just an idea I'd propose, and we'd see if we all agreed enough on certain basic rule tenets to clarify them, such as what is profanity and what is off-topic. Yes, there's still room for judgment calls and moderator preference, but when many players might still be confused if "bitch" is a bad word, or "ass", I think it may be in our best interest to clarify, no?

As far as a swastika, I would not personally allow it. No, it's not because I'm Jewish, before someone makes that excuse. I'm well aware that a swastika was a symbol of power for Hitler, but at the same time he derived that symbol from Indian religions such as Buddhism, where it means peace and spiritual victory. However, the image itself is inflammatory because of its history, and as a result could incite flaming. There is no need to take the risk on something like that in allowing it.

As far as the person's name, as long as the person's name is real and the person is famous (it can't be some random person's name that you're trying to use for profane reasons), then I'd allow it.

Then I could report every person who has the Red star/ hamer and sicle, right? I personally feel offended when people use it and i thnik any relatives of the 99,999,999 other communism victims feel the same way.

Actually same can be said about most religions?

DeletedUser

That's true a cross could offend Muslims because of the crusades.

DeletedUser

Then I could report every person who has the Red star/ hamer and sicle, right? I personally feel offended when people use it and i thnik any relatives of the 99,999,999 other communism victims feel the same way.

Actually same can be said about most religions?

The Red Star and Hammer and Sickle are, first and foremost, not symbols that someone used to advocate for the extinction of entire races. Second of all, communism (which it represented) is an ideal that is still valid in some parts of the world and doesn't necessarily advocate for eradicating those who aren't "pure", as the swastika represented during WWII.

Lastly, the whole thing about religions...tell me, how many religions have symbols that the vast majority of people are offended by, like they are by the swastika?

That's true a cross could offend Muslims because of the crusades.

Something that happened 700 years ago is not something that should offend people of today, considering there are still people alive who were alive during WWII. In addition, something that happened in an attempt to reclaim the "Holy Land", as opposed to something that was intended to cleanse the world of "impure people"...can you see my point in difference?

It's fairly common sense, I thought :eek:.

It's getting a bit ridiculous how far you all want to attempt to bend the rules and find loopholes. If you're just going to post to try and provoke me, it's not the intent of the thread.

DeletedUser

The swastika was actually a symbol used in another religion i think, It meant peace or something on those guidelines. So technically the swastika is an ok Thing to put as long as it isnt used as hitlers image

DeletedUser

The swastika was actually a symbol used in another religion i think, It meant peace or something on those guidelines. So technically the swastika is an ok Thing to put as long as it isnt used as hitlers image

Technically, it isnt ok. If I find one in game, it will be deleted and the player will be punished.

DeletedUser2069

Dont be hating on Olivia Munn, She is my future wife and I will hurt someone they get out of line about her

The swastika is misused too much and people didnt understand hitler either not that I approve of what he did but it all combined into something that the common individual doesnt understand. which in turns has made the swastika appear to be something its really not due to the misunderstandings of all that and due to the Aryan Nation or KKK

Not going to get into all this stuff but yeah that whole thing is a misunderstanding and as for use of it is a NO because of how misunderstood it is it could offend several people

DeletedUser

Dont be hating on Olivia Munn, She is my future wife and I will hurt someone they get out of line about her

The swastika is misused too much and people didnt understand hitler either not that I approve of what he did but it all combined into something that the common individual doesnt understand.

It's impossible to fully understand anybody, no matter how many people's deaths they are responsible for :p

DeletedUser

Who cares about the swastika? the jew boy just said that 5 million jew lives are more valuable than 100 million communist victims lives :S

DeletedUser2069

Who cares about the swastika? the jew boy just said that 5 million jew lives are more valuable than 100 million communist victims lives :S

I think you care because you brought it up

And well I will not comment on the rest of your ignorant post

DeletedUser

I brought it up to see him say its bad and then protect the damn commies...Its wrong.

DeletedUser

As I said in mail:

Mail said:
First of all, the lives of 55 million people were lost in WWII, and that's just soldiers.

Second of all, I'd question where your information on that "100 million" comes from.

Third of all, I'm not necessarily saying any one life is more valuable than any other, but you could easily argue capitalism killed those people in wars just as much as communists.

Lastly, the intent and offensiveness of Nazis in attempting to eradicate "impure" people from the world is different from the intent and offensiveness of Communists who were promoting their economic belief. One, at least, is well intentioned in wanting equality, even if it didn't work because of corrupt leaders.

I'm not advocating for communism, but a bit of research on the differences between Nazi beliefs and Communism would go a long way to help you understand the point :).

And the next time you refer to me as "the jew boy", I promise to point out that you're using it in a derogatory and insulting manner, and deal with it accordingly. Attempting to insult me on the basis of my religion by using it as a taunting nickname is provoking me as well, which is against the rules by nature as well. I suggest you use manners, as I have, to explain your beliefs.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nonono...i pointed out that you where a Jew because nazis killed jews - its personal, but because soviets didn't kill as many jews, its not, thus i see you as being biased.

I am the last person to insult someone for their religion...i love all religions :D Religion is an awesome topic.