blackmailing

DeletedUser

ok so I am very confused... I have read the rules here: http://zz1.beta.tribalwars.net/help2.php?article=rules

'It is allowed to blackmail a player for resources in-game through threatening their loss of villages due to potential in-game attacks.'

but yet elsewhere in this forum it says that blackmailing is against the rules... I am looking at a different rulebook or something? if so can someone please give me a link to the full list of rules?

DeletedUser

Can you quote where it says such a thing on the forums? Then I'm sure it will be investigated

DeletedUser

For clarity, the rules linked in the OP are not the rules for this server. They can be found at http://www.tribalwars.us/rules.php. As it relates to blackmail, it is forbidden to blackmail a player for premium points. You are more than welcome to threaten a player into giving you resources or even villages. Premium points cannot be traded for any in game advantages.

DeletedUser

The difference between what you buy the premium for (the personal ingame advantages), is different to what amounts to extortion. When you attempt to blackmail somebody in to giving you something of any monetary value, I think that a case can be made against you in a court of law for it. As extortion is illegal.

DeletedUser

If it was possible to get in game advantages in relation to buying pp, it would mean players who can't afford to spend money on a game would suffer, It's all about making the game fair and allrounded, Giving a particular set of players advantages because they have given you money would destroy the fair and all roundedness side of the game.

DeletedUser1093

If it was possible to get in game advantages in relation to buying pp, it would mean players who can't afford to spend money on a game would suffer, It's all about making the game fair and allrounded, Giving a particular set of players advantages because they have given you money would destroy the fair and all roundedness side of the game.

So 1 click farming and cutting building time in half aren't IG advantages?

DeletedUser

Technically they are, but for example cutting unit training time in half compared to building time would just ruin the game. I could destroy a particular players defence, and then when i'm going to attack again, could be a few ms/seconds/minutes apart he would have his defence back, maybe half the size or even twice the size Because he has money.