Bug... -_-

DeletedUser

I lost half a nuke on world 1 during attack break

Who Am lost 2 villages

DeletedUser329

There does appear to have been a mix up with the attack break . I'm sure someone will explain it further shortly .
In the meantime send in a ticket , please . Bear in mind , being Christmas people have family commitments and this isn't going to be dealt with too promptly , sorry. :(

<3

DeletedUser173

I had something similar, seems attacks that were sent before the break still land those sent after don't.

That's definitely not the case, and I know because I had around 60 incomings before the break, and those that landed before 5:00 server time hit, and none afterwards did.

DeletedUser

That's definitely not the case, and I know because I had around 60 incomings before the break, and those that landed before 5:00 server time hit, and none afterwards did.

Ouch, hmm, so someone set the times wrong for the break?

DeletedUser

isnt US 5 hours off from .NET??? that may be why- just used the same times as NET but forgot to change times???

DeletedUser173

isnt US 5 hours off from .NET??? that may be why- just used the same times as NET but forgot to change times???

That might explain it... except it's a 6 hour difference, not 5.

DeletedUser

Those types of mistakes are understandable at first, but after (1) German writing on version 7.0 (2) .net server time on US2 and (3) idiots on the US servers being rewarded for not paying attention to the times of the attack breaks, it can get a little old.

Hopefully once the US server becomes large enough, we won't be missing out on as much because of stupid mistakes.

DeletedUser1093

That might explain it... except it's a 6 hour difference, not 5.

Not only is it 6 hours difference, its also 6 hours in the wrong direction. So at 5:00 when it started here it was 11:00 on .net not 0:00. It was a good suggestion though, and Ill admit that's the first thing I checked when I heard, its just not the right answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Things happen, it was set up properly there was just something in the.. mechanics that either did not work properly or was not taken into account. Hopefully there is a way to backlog both worlds to the exact time of when the break should have started.

DeletedUser

ya. i kept sending troops to my nabor just to see if the attack break was set yet and it wasnt for a while. i was confused for a little.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Things happen, it was set up properly there was just something in the.. mechanics that either did not work properly or was not taken into account. Hopefully there is a way to backlog both worlds to the exact time of when the break should have started.

Not possible.

start These settings define a period during which peace is kept. Attacks arriving during this period are turned into visits. After the end of this period an increased server load occurs du to many attacks arriving. This setting determins the starting time (as UNIX-timestamp).

end End of peace period (UNIX-timestamp)

Those are the settings that determine when the attack break is active. There is nothing wrong with the "mechanics". It was either never edited and contained default values, or was edited by someone who didn't understand how UNIX timestamps work. UNIX timestamps are a measurement of time in which a number is the number of seconds that have passed since midnight on January 1st, 1970.

Specifically: There have been 40 complete years since then, ten of which were leap years, specifically the following: 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008

40*365+10=14,610

The break starts eight days before the end of the year, so that's another (365-8) 357 days. 14,610 + 357 = 14,967

14,967 * 24 * 60 * 60 = 1293148800

UNIX time is based on GMT though, not EST, so it's actually 5 hours more than that, so:

5*60*60=18,000

1293148800+18000=1293166800

1293130800 is the time that the start variable should have been set to, which it obviously wasn't.

Last edited:

DeletedUser329

Not possible.

start These settings define a period during which peace is kept. Attacks arriving during this period are turned into visits. After the end of this period an increased server load occurs du to many attacks arriving. This setting determins the starting time (as UNIX-timestamp).

end End of peace period (UNIX-timestamp)

Those are the settings that determine when the attack break is active. There is nothing wrong with the "mechanics". It was either never edited and contained default values, or was edited by someone who didn't understand how UNIX timestamps work. UNIX timestamps are a measurement of time in which a number is the number of seconds that have passed since midnight on January 1st, 1970.

Specifically: There have been 40 complete years since then, ten of which were leap years, specifically the following: 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008

40*365+10=14,610

The break starts eight days before the end of the year, so that's another (365-8) 357 days. 14,610 + 357 = 14,967

14,967 * 24 * 60 * 60 = 1293148800

1293148800 is the time that the start variable should have been set to, which it obviously wasn't.

HUH

Merry Christmas Nauz ..... :rolleyes:

Of all the things to do on Christmas day huh ? :p

ps. you were closer the first time ... but still wrong :p

<3

Last edited by a moderator: