Changelog 8.23

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date

Deleted User - 419875

Here is where you can discuss the 8.23 changelog.

DeletedUser3007

very frequently we are getting updates. lots of times we are getting a feature then next up date it is removed.
what the hell is the point? last update we got a map feature that allows us to send commands without leaving
the map screen. so now its already gone and replaced with the new monthly update to give you all a different
kind of headache. sure maybe these updates have some use, but when they are removed in a month what is
the point?

do you want to know what an update is to me in tribal wars?

it means rediculously stupid new features that have almost no use except something pretty to look at
it means scripts will not work anymore
it means players quit because the game they pay to play is basically broken
it means scripters will write new ones, only to once again fail when another crappy new update comes out
it means scripters get sick of it and quit

the list goes on and on... what about the pros?

... hmmm what pros? oh ya wow i can filter my reports to find a pally. jumps for joy

DeletedUser

Automatic bb coding coordinates is horrible. Broke any type of fake script that you could post on forums making it impossible to coordinate fake attacks

DeletedUser

Wrap the script in the code tags

I was unaware that even existed. I'm talking about in tribal forums though, not int he externals if that's what you mean, if it works in tribal forums would you just use [code and [/code

DeletedUser

@Ice Cold:

The direct-send from the map should still be usable. The toggle for enabling it just got moved to the settings page.

What are your most important scripts?

DeletedUser3007

i noticed that it was just moved

as for the scripts, ive learned to become quite independent without them.
tabs and clicks x1000000

DeletedUser

I guess players aren't really quitting due to scripts not being maintained? If they were, then we should probably do something about it.

It takes minimal effort to update a well-written script. I don't know any scripters who quit due to having to change their code.

The UK server has a list of over 20 scripts that we've been maintaining since 2010. I have a lot of spare time this month - if we want similar script reliability for the US server, now's the time to make it happen.

If you do think of any important scripts, please don't hesitate to post them here. Even if its something that hasn't worked for years.

DeletedUser4625

I like these new updates!
The new filtering options are a good addition to find your clearing attacks between the Farm reports which are all over the place. And also to see your attacks with nobles in it. Now you can easily watch if loyalty has stuck on a village.

Also the option with the shortcuts is pretty nice!

I was wondering if it could be possible to get filtering options in your Farm Assistant... It would be much better if you could filter the barbs which are already under attack. Than you will just have barbs in your list which are not yet under attack. That's a lot better for my arm.

DeletedUser

@ Dr. Doolittle, it should be. There is a little axe icon next to villa coordinates for a villa that has an attack sent at it. Perhaps you have the box checked to "Show only attacks that were sent from this village".

I like the new features. Makes farming even easier using FA with hotkeys *slaps forehead*. Once all your runs are sent out, you can quickly check the map to see if you have missed any by reports that have expired and been deleted. I would like to see an addition to these hotkeys, add another for Farm Assistant. Perhaps down the road, focus cursor on the first "C". Add other keys to move up,down,left right so you could go to next barb village or A/B. You could farm without even clicking a single button. Would save TW from litigation down the road for future carpal tunnel claims. ;)

I'm sure i speak for everyone, just don't mess with "T", okay. :p

DeletedUser4625

@tiremanbd I know that I can see which villas are under attack. But I would like to filter those villas out of the list of the FA without clicking all the red crosses of all that villas.

I have already made a topic in the Suggestions section of the forum. Clicky