Changelog 8.277 feedback

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date

Deleted User - 419875

Please discuss all things to do with the 8.277 Changelog here.

Corndog

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I kinda hate that you can no longer use steam and browser at the same time. I don't see the point of making such a change and this is the icing on the cake to make me never want to play this game again. it's been going downhill for years and becoming more and more bs with all the "rules" that are seemingly not equally enforced. Below are the reasons I think the game is just plain bull crap now and honestly I never want to play a world again. It's my genuine feedback if the game devs/mods care at all. I will do my best to keep it neutral and leave out personal history.
  1. Illegal use of scripts - this one I completely understand the reasoning behind it but the enforcement isn't fair. Mods do not check accounts that are using scripts, they rely on a system to detect such a thing. The "system" can identify whatever the heck it wants, and then you have the "ability" to appeal but the community mods refuse to give you any insight as to what caused the problem and assume you know exactly what you did wrong. If you genuinely don't know what you did wrong, good luck figuring out how to never do that again.
    • And to prove that mods can do whatever they want with banning, look at section 1 rule 7 of the Global Rules located here https://www.tribalwars.us/page/rules
      They have put in writing that they can basically ban whatever they want whenever they want without any need for justification or reasoning.
  2. The use of allies has basically become pointless. Last several worlds in the US, you have not been able to use allies to support you. Meaning the only thing they can do is join in a plan to attack, or share information. If you need help defending, they're useless.
  3. Internalling, yes I'm going here too. We can all agree that this has been kinda BS. However, there's some types of internalling, which nobody knows if it will get them banned or not, and it's definitely an area that's not equally or fairly monitored/enforced.
    1. Forced Internals - this one is completely stupid and needs to be stopped I think we can all agree on this. There are players out there who take many tribes "under there wing" just to randomly decide they don't care about that ally, or want more villages without trying and decide to divide up the ally and conquer at will. Now, how do people report such a problem? Additionally, with the seemingly never coming back use of ally support, how are other allies supposed to help defend against this?
    2. Gifting - with the introduction of premium points to buy/sell res in the market, it has become common for players to take a few worlds to "pp farm". At the start, they usually give another player/tribe that knowledge, likely promise their village(s), and assume safety forever until they decide they don't want to play that world. At which point, the original player/tribe they intended to gift to, whenever that is, is given multiple, likely well grown villages. Then after these few worlds of PP farming, they player has plenty of points, free of charge, to buy plenty of res at the start of a world, and get ahead. Further, they can coordinate with other players who are pp farming, to plan when one person is going to sell, so the other person can buy. This is getting around the "trade restrictions" imposed in each world.
  4. The concept of co players. There is no limitation to who can play on what server, from wherever they live in the world. This means that (for example) European players can join a us server and have fun. The original purpose of co players was to help defend against such a use case, and increase the time someone was able to monitor an account. So someone from west coast US had a better chance of seeing and reacting to an attack if someone from Eastern Europe launched one in the middle of the US person's sleep. There have been so many strict and not equally enforced rules that co playing has become pointless and goes back to giving users a larger advantage if they figure out when a player is offline for several hours regularly. (this is where the steam+browser comes into play and why I hate this new change).
  5. I DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT STOP CONSTANTLY ASKING TO LIKE YOUR POSTS FOR PREMIUM POINTS. I would love to unsubscribe from them or block them BUT I CAN'T.
  6. (Insert all my other personal biases that are not against the rules but aimed at people who are ****** pathetic and make this game not enjoyable to play)
For those of you who read everything, WOW KUDOS I'm genuinely shocked.
For the rest of you, Hi, that was a lot of words, and my arthritis is acting up.

<3 Corn, Goodbye forever.

Last edited:

bluex

Reaction score
The new format with the RED X's to mute forum is confusing to most of the players including myself. Granted I am sure you folks must have had a beta tester to look at it before you implemented this change.. But it is confusing to most players and has been talked about within my tribe. One must press the x's to actually remove it one at a time to actually understand what the new post is. look im not dealing with Einsteins here just folks that wish a seamless go to game easy to understand and this made it more cumbersome. I dont know what the intent was but for most folks they want easy straightforward and not have to press a lot of buttons to play the game. So as much as i like game changes for the best this was a fail for most of the folks in tribe...Do with this info as you wish.

Now as far as the other poster above mentioned. I concur with a lot of the subjects he brings up.. As i have mentioned before to other moderators. the game has been changed and not for all good and you will continue to lose customers on this server. I alone have lost 14+ long term players, paying ones at that. I dont know what to tell you outside the fact that there are other games folks WILL find if the changes been made are not conducive to their enjoyment. this forum alone has been dead for quite a time now , difficult to use and indicative of the games overall decline. I went out of my way to critique, not all folks will.

Last edited:

StandBy

Reaction score
I would also have to agree with Corndog's post although the main thing that is really bothering me at the moment with this update is that you can no longer use steam and browser at the same time. I hope this change can be looked at and hopefully reverted. I can't speak for everyone but i'm almost positive this change doesn't really affect anyone in a positive manner and is solely a negative change for those of us who have co players.

I also just created an account so I could give my feedback on this. That's how irritated this steam change has made me lol.

-StandBy

Last edited:

Deleted User - 419875

We really appreciate all the feedback good or bad it helps us to know what our players think and what to sometimes work on first. Thank you..