Choosing Starting Location

• Thread starter DeletedUser5034
  • Start date

DeletedUser5034

Ever since I returned to TW (around Jan 2014) I have never been able to choose my starting location despite the world settings to certain worlds saying that it is possible.

At first thought I just thought that maybe it's just me being the dopey guy I am :D however it is a year on and I still can't find the options no matter what server I play (net, UK, US)...

Here is a screenshot of the starting screen on worlds where there is supposedly options to choose starting locations...

http://postimg.org/image/3unxqot0d/

I've tried so many worlds and none let me choose.

The only way I can choose is if I join at a random location and then restart which it will then give me the 4 options.

Could someone please explain?

Thanks

P.S. Forgive me if I am making a dumbass mistake somewhere :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
After you click join it asks what direction. If you pre-register you have no choice.

Deleted User - 419875

That is correct. If you pre register or join with a premade tribe then you do not have a choice you join with your tribe and the tribes location.

DeletedUser5034

I never pre-register and I don't join with a premade tribe yet I don't get the options. I get randomly placed and then the only way I get to choose is if I restart.

Is there something wrong with my account settings or something?

I really want to sort this out because I like to choose my starting position without restarting as I can then use the restart option if I don't like where I have spawned.

Thanks

DeletedUser

For a short time after joining, your inventory should contain an item that allows you to move your village.

relocate_item.PNG

DeletedUser5034

Ah OK sometimes that appears but I just assumed it appeared for everyone, even those that can choose starting location before starting the new world and therefore giving them 2 chances to restart.

DeletedUser

The 8.31 update removed the ability to select a direction before joining.

We removed direction selection from the world joining process and added it as an item instead. It will work the same way as a normal direction choice, and it it will expire a short time after joining a world. The amount of time before it expires is determined by the world's speed.