Chrome Short-Keys

DeletedUser724

I have found a way to farm using Short-keys on Chrome. However, it requires an add on to the browser. The add on only makes it possible to set up short-keys and does not actually automate the action for you. However, according to the .net rules, "Tribal Wars should be played with a normal browser only. Bots, browser add-ons and other applications that automate game activities are forbidden. All Greasemonkey scripts are forbidden." While the .us rules only say: "The only scripts allowed in the US version can be found here.
Greasemonkey scripts are forbidden on our servers."

So in the spirit of fair play, I am posting this as a precaution. Is my method legal on the .us server?

DeletedUser

"that automate game activities are forbidden"
"The add on only makes it possible to set up short-keys and does not actually automate the action for you."

You have answered your own question for .us and .net - if it doesn't automate actions for you, it ain't a problem.

DeletedUser

The reason shortcut keys are allowed with Opera is because they are standard on the browser, and the rules say the game must be played on a standard browser. Since it is an add-on it would not qualify for the same exception as the Opera version according to the rules as written.

DeletedUser724

In the .us rules it says:

"§7) Bots and Scripts

The only scripts allowed in the US version can be found here.
Greasemonkey scripts are forbidden on our servers."

and never mentions having to play on a standard browser. I know it mentions that in the .net rules, but it never actually states it in the .us rules.

DeletedUser

The reason shortcut keys are allowed with Opera is because they are standard on the browser, and the rules say the game must be played on a standard browser. Since it is an add-on it would not qualify for the same exception as the Opera version according to the rules as written.

Add-ons that don't cause automated events (such as performing multiple clicks with a single button press) are allowed - I've even checked with a .net ingame mod, and .us don't mention them in the rules so there is nothing stopping the person using them so long as their actions stay within the rules.

You are confusing the person who posted with that comment, I think - it's factually incorrect.