Close World 2's restarts and registrations

DeletedUser

Now that World 1's restarts and registrations are closed, there is no reason left whatsoever not to also close them on World 2, which has slightly over half as many players as World 1. Thanks!

DeletedUser

W2 is much more new and latest as compared to W1 ... so i think still there r some months for W2`s registrations to be closed and W2 is not yet finished ...
WE still live ...

DeletedUser

I figured you, specifically, would rush to try to argue against it, since you've been rimmed I think four different times and still can't figure out that you don't have even the slightest possible hope of ever being a factor in anything.

DeletedUser

Lol for one.

And also I'm sure that the world 2 closing will come, just will have to be a bit later due to the start date of world 2 compared to 1.

DeletedUser

How is the start date really a factor?

I mean, a world being close to end game doesnt really hinge on when it began, since worlds progress so much differently.

W2 is certainly closer to wrapping up, nearly twice as close going by the remaining players.

Then too, id say probably a third of the remaining active accounts are ones like abdullah up there, that just get rimmed over and over and over, and build another 1k point village to be nobled again.

DeletedUser188

I mean, a world being close to end game doesnt really hinge on when it began, since worlds progress so much differently.

W2 is certainly closer to wrapping up, nearly twice as close going by the remaining players.

Then too, id say probably a third of the remaining active accounts are ones like abdullah up there, that just get rimmed over and over and over, and build another 1k point village to be nobled again.

the difference is that if one start on world 2 you have more chance to do something against the tope tribe, than if you try sth againvt ego404 on world 1
i mean it's easier to beat a 4 mill acc than to beat a 8 mill acc...

DeletedUser2551

i would have to agree with suave, end game doesn't depend on when it began more based of top player(s) and how many are in one tribe. but players skill is a large factor i think.
Abdul iv known you since the start of W2 and you have been a target of the top players for just as long. no offense but i think its time for you to sit back in this world.
my point is ending restarts and registration does not matter if a player can join W2 right now and become a top player before this world is over he/she should be allowed to. what do you top players have to fear after all SPERG is over 25k points above the next tribe containing the top 8 players.
maybe a limit on how many restarts we are allowed.....
thanks for your time and im glad to be back playing again sorry i was away for 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

That is true, but you also have to remember that .us is fairly new, meaning all of the big game decisions are relatively new to the mod staff, and world 1 being the first world, of course the actions will be taken place there first. I'm sure world 2 will close in proper time.

DeletedUser

It's time to end the world.

Really. It is. Time really has no effect. Any TW player knows that.

Would it be embarrassing for TW if they ended w2 before w1? No because the first .net world to end wasn't 1 or 2... sigh.

We try to use precedents for which there are no precedents. The knowledge is imposingly painful.

DeletedUser

That is true, but you also have to remember that .us is fairly new, meaning all of the big game decisions are relatively new to the mod staff, and world 1 being the first world, of course the actions will be taken place there first. I'm sure world 2 will close in proper time.

I was under the impression that the mods had no say at all about any of the game settings, since that's what one of you guys told me last month.

jesse-iam2
2011-10-02 17:50:33
Hello destroyman1,

No conditions have been set for this yet. Its not up to the forum or in game mods. The Community Manager and Innogames make these decisions directly. I know they are looking at it and as soon as decisions are made the players of the world will be notified. Sorry I dont have the answer that I am sure you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Jesseiam2
InGame Moderator

DeletedUser

Mm not totally true. We have no official say. We can suggest just as any other player can, but we also have a more direct line to the CM of course. Nothing we suggest or say has to be listened to or has any real weight, but such as for world 3, we were asked for suggestions. Some suggestions were put into the world (could have had nothing to do with our suggestions), whereas other things we all suggested, were not put into the settings.

So, overall we don't really have an actual, weighted say in things, we can however suggest and discuss more directly.

DeletedUser

what do you top players have to fear after all SPERG is over 25k points above the next tribe containing the top 8 players.

Nobody is scared, it's just not FUN. It's not fun to have to beat down the same person that restarts 7 or 8 times, sending a real sad mail pleading for their life and offering up their buddies in exchange every single time. It's not fun for either party involved. Some of you late world starters might be all yaaaaay good times, but the rest of us have been doing this since day 1 of the server and watching worlds that have twice as many people get closed restarts while we're told "go make more people quit" is ridiculous.

It's not too much to ask for a guideline on how worlds should play out. If it's x amount of people, super both worlds 2 and 3 already have that since world 1 had almost double both worlds. If it's going to go in numerical order every few months like starts, great we can ride with that too. All anybody wants is a basic idea of what goals there are besides "remove everyone from the map."

In reality you smaller players may benefit from this too, it's easier to organize a group of people and persuade them to work together if they actually have a way to monitor progression towards the end, rather than just waiting for us to get bored and quit one day. Deadlines have a magical way of lighting a fire under people that would otherwise sit idly until other player's have dealt with the difficult hurdles for them.

DeletedUser

Unlike every other tribe that's playing this game, we're actually interested in winning this server, as opposed to not losing it. There's a very large difference between playing to win and playing to not lose. All we've been asking for, for the last three or four straight months, is for the people in charge to take 10 minutes to tell us how to actually win. That's all. I don't understand what's so incredibly difficult about running this game that it takes months and months and months to say "You win when you or your allies cover X% of the map. At A, B, C, and D remaining players on the server, we will reduce the cost of nobles by some percent."

DeletedUser2368

Bumping will get you in twuble!

Anyhow, I don't think W2's registering should be closed, but some action is needed. :p

DeletedUser

Bumping will get you in twuble!

Anyhow, I don't think W2's registering should be closed, but some action is needed. :p

If I keep bumping it, eventually somebody in charge will actually read all of the posts in this thread.

DeletedUser329

Really. It is. Time really has no effect. Any TW player knows that.

Would it be embarrassing for TW if they ended w2 before w1? No because the first .net world to end wasn't 1 or 2... sigh.

We try to use precedents for which there are no precedents. The knowledge is imposingly painful.

This thread is about closing registrations. Not ending a world . Closing a world to registrations is based on time. How long the world may have been going.
World 2 is also not half as many players as world 1.

The worlds are closed to registrations in order. End game is different entirely.

Being new CM here I have no current guidelines as to what is considered End Game. It is something I will look into and get back to you with.

DeletedUser

This thread is about closing registrations. Not ending a world . Closing a world to registrations is based on time. How long the world may have been going.

The worlds are closed to registrations in order. End game is different entirely.

Being new CM here I have no current guidelines as to what is considered End Game. It is something I will look into and get back to you with.

World 2 was half the population of world 1 when world 1's registrations closed

We had approximately 600 hundred players. We were told if you want to push the world forward then remove more people, so we did. we pushed and pushed and pushed until we hit an all time low on the server and then all of a sudden world 1 was closed and we were flooded with a plethora of 79p towns from people restarting from w1. That was awesome, truly.

Hopefully since we're coming up on the 1 year mark in approximately 2 weeks we can expect it soon.

DeletedUser

I can't believe you're actually going to pull that as your argument. I made multiple threads that you didn't read chronicling the population of World 2 dropping down to nearly 600 players. Closing worlds to registrations in order is stupid and pointless when one of the worlds is much closer to being over than another one with a lower number. If you take the .net worlds, which your moderators love to use as examples, you can just look at their forums and see that somehow they have a World 47 that's already over, but their World 23 is still wide open! Wow!

Here's a list of threads I've made about the population of World 2 steadily dropping.

942 accounts, August 17 2011
899 accounts, September 20, 2011 (with video evidence)
826 accounts, October 7 2011

In fact, here's the latest for today, November 25, 2011, with October 7's stats next to them just in case you don't read that thread. Today is in bold, October 7 is not in bold.

33 43 accounts above 1 million points
74 84 accounts above 500k points
231 193 accounts above 50k
307 240 accounts above 10k
442 355 accounts above 1k
488 400 accounts above 500
679 669 accounts above 100

30 136 accounts sitting at 80 points, the lowest score above 0
33 33 accounts sitting at 0 points

I'll PM this to you too, just to make absolutely sure you actually read it.

DeletedUser2368

There are more people playing W2 than W3...are you going to abandon this thread and make one about closing W3's registration insted?
Really, W1 closed it's doors after a year and a half. It hasn't even been a year and your screaming bloody murder for W2 to close. And you keep arguing how W2 was down to 600 players. Well so what, now it's up to 900!

You really want tne registration to end? Then make it happen. Cause a civil war within Sperg, one half against the other, have a World War, Declare war on everyone, mass delete, do something in which entering a World will be pointless and stop complaining.

DeletedUser

There are more people playing W2 than W3...are you going to abandon this thread and make one about closing W3's registration insted?
Really, W1 closed it's doors after a year and a half. It hasn't even been a year and your screaming bloody murder for W2 to close. And you keep arguing how W2 was down to 600 players. Well so what, now it's up to 900!

You really want tne registration to end? Then make it happen. Cause a civil war within Sperg, one half against the other, have a World War, Declare war on everyone, mass delete, do something in which entering a World will be pointless and stop complaining.

Thank you for visiting our world's forums without a single iota of understanding of the circumstances surrounding the world over the past year and refusing to read all of the details. W2 was half of W1 and was SIGNIFICANTLY ahead of W3 when we started requesting it be looked at and we were ignored for something like 5 months.

There's not going to be a world ending civil war within Sperg, the foundation is all full of real life friends. We've been at war with everyone for the entire game. There's nowhere left to go.

None of that even matters, all that's been requested is a guideline by the people that lead this game (ie not you) so we know what to do to push toward end game. Every time they tell us to do something, we do it. Then we point out we did it and we're blatantly ignored.

You know what's really pointless? People not from this world spamming their opinions.