co-playing

• Thread starter DeletedUser1916
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not to oversimplify this request, but please tell me exactly how we could possibly enforce a no coplaying world? With the use if smart phones, tablet devices, and multiple computers used by a single person (be it at home, work, internet cafe, ect), how in the world could we tell the difference between a person who plays in multiple places and a coplayer. Coplayers do not have to come from other countries, but even taking that into account, what about the player who travels for work? The ability to enforce such a world would be impossible.

DeletedUser

Not to oversimplify this request, but please tell me exactly how we could possibly enforce a no coplaying world? With the use if smart phones, tablet devices, and multiple computers used by a single person (be it at home, work, internet cafe, ect), how in the world could we tell the difference between a person who plays in multiple places and a coplayer. Coplayers do not have to come from other countries, but even taking that into account, what about the player who travels for work? The ability to enforce such a world would be impossible.

I realize I am no authority on TW, but from my perspective as a newer player I'd like to reinforce Jesse's statement by noting that it does appear the devs are trying to introduce features that offer greater playability for those who cannot devote large amounts of time to the game and either cannot or choose not to have coplayers. In particular the 'low' or 'no' haul feature seems designed to moderate/eliminate one of the largest 'time sinks' in the game - farming.

There is really no basis to suggest a direct correlation between coplayers (or lack thereof) and playing skill as they are wholly independent of each other. Likewise it does little good to threaten to quit playing and/or suggest that others will do the same when the suggestion you have put forth - namely, the elimination of coplaying - is so difficult to enforce that it is not practically feasible.

As with ANY game, those who are willing to devote more time will on average do better; thus it follows that the players who are willing and able to coplay and approach a true 24/7 presence will (on average) do the best. No topic lends itself more readily to the support this philosophy than a game about war. It stands to reason that those who work harder will do better than those who do not (or cannot, whatever the case may be) - and if it happens that due to hard work those with lesser skill can defeat those with greater skill, so be it. If there were some mechanism that prevented one person from coplaying while another could take advantage of it I could buy into the 'fairness' argument - but since this is a choice freely available to anyone, I think it is best if the mods and devs stay out of it and let the chips fall where they may.

DeletedUser

I think both modes should be made so that in each one can strive and achieve things in the game, it should be balanced.

DeletedUser2069

Nobody gets it

Co playing makes it so everyone needs to have a co player because some people already have co players so they are 24/7 active forcing everyone else to need it. Removing that would FORCE people to play 1 person per account LIKE THE GAME WAS INTENDED WHEN IT WAS MADE and forcing several accounts to have to buy premium rather then 4 people on one account and only one person buying premium so that argument is void that it makes it so inno gets more money out of co playing cause it doesnt. as for the rest I really gave up reading peoples stupid arguments but the basic point is remove co playing and it will free up peoples time so they dont need to spend hours online because no account is active 24 hours a day or hell for that matter put in forced sleep modes

Doesnt matter non of this effects myself I dont co play and I do fine even on .net where I started and FYI to the guy that told TVR to play .net and he would understand co playing is needed he played there before here as well do some research once on twstats it will show that clearly

I agree that co playing ruined this game along with several other things they had started doing in this game over the years since I started but I adapt and over come and do just fine a lot of times better then co played accounts

DeletedUser

I personally can play with or without a co-player. I started US5 without one and was doing fine but decided to get one just because i was feeling a bit lazier then usual. Fact is i dont think it matters if you co-play or not just how dedicated you are to the game. Moaning about other people co-playing isn't going to sort out the game and the fact is being adaptable is better. I actually dont really need premium to play, although i do quite like the new FA which makes farming 10x quicker but apart from that i dont really need pp either so fact is, aslong as your active you dont need a co-player but it can be helpful.

Basically this topic is pointless lol because the game wont change to take away co-players and even if it did i think the competition on the world would be damaged and the games would become a hell of a lot more boring because there will probably be less top accounts and with US already having fairly low amount of players who have skills (not saying i have them) it would be a bad idea to remove co players

DeletedUser

I really gave up reading peoples stupid arguments but the basic point is remove co playing and it will free up peoples time

How does that make sense? Coplaying ALLOWS people to free up their time. Otherwise, the game would be dominated by whoever did the least in real-life. Co-playing can allow people with a lot going on in real-life to still enjoy the game at a competitive level.

That's my take on it, anyways. I do agree coplaying has gotten a little out of hand with 4, 5, or even 6 people on an account so its played 25/7 (yes, i know a day has 24 hours)...

but no matter which side people argue for, innogames can't ban coplayers. There's no way to ensure this works. People could easily have two or more ip addresses.

DeletedUser2069

It frees up peoples times by not having accounts active constantly to have to worry about you can do other things without worrying oh that guy next to me has a co player keeping him active 24 hours a day that was my point. Yeah it was kinda worded a little crappy

DeletedUser

It frees up peoples times by not having accounts active constantly to have to worry about you can do other things without worrying oh that guy next to me has a co player keeping him active 24 hours a day that was my point. Yeah it was kinda worded a little crappy

Some mod on .net has a good opinion on the matter, let's say you have 1 accounts - 4 players, they are 24/7. Now, let's take 4 players and split them up, = 4 accounts. If a 4 players (1 account) would go against the 4 players (4 accounts), they would probably get rimmed. So anything you've said is nonsense

DeletedUser329

Some mod on .net has a good opinion on the matter, let's say you have 1 accounts - 4 players, they are 24/7. Now, let's take 4 players and split them up, = 4 accounts. If a 4 players (1 account) would go against the 4 players (4 accounts), they would probably get rimmed. So anything you've said is nonsense

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and personally I don't agree with yours. As 4 rubbish accounts against one super account is not necessarily an advantage at all . However 4 rubbish coplayers on one account probably couldn't out play one very smart active player. It still always comes down to the skill and activity of the player. I have known people to have played 20 hours a day .. I think coplaying is a good thing in that it enables you to balance your life and not require you to stay awake for 20 hours straight. Personally I'd rather have a coplayer than have to constantly be on an account.

DeletedUser

Exactly ;) There will be those guys who individually are on a computer 16-20 hours a day. I can be on for 5, 6, 7 if I am on and off while doing homework and other things. By having coplayers, I have a chance at success.

Old School, I get your point- we're actually arguing the same side- requiring player to play less. However, coplayers and banning coplayers both have benefits and drawbacks. No coplayers and MOST accounts will be less active, but those that are have a huge advantage. With coplayers, those that don't have them are at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser

I'm not going to read it all because it's just to long, but I want to say my opinion.

I rode you said it is imposible to control whether someone coplays ore not, this isn't true. There are servers that have no coplay allowed and it goes perfectly good. (I think the spanish is the only one where coplay is completly forbidden)

A world without coplays? why not, i don't have anything against it. this is my first coplay, after it i played allways alone. all in all i would not enter the world (no coplay) cause i've got to many world