Congrats to the winners of World 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So Innogames has lost their e-mail? Thank you for letting me know, I'll be sure to contact them through their e-mail to let them know that it doesn't exist...
..... etc etc
There's a "Contact Us" portion. Perhaps using it would benefit us all?

Perhaps one of us is wildly misconstruing what the position of community manager must entail. As the manager of the community they are the focal point for customer response, and communicating issues that are over their head to the higher ups is doubtless one of their responsibilities.

If you get a bad taco at taco bell you talk to the manager. You do not call the president of the company. Its unnecassary.

If you had read my post, you'd have realized a few things:

I did read your post. And thats a condescending tone which is a fine example of the problems around here.

1) There is a new CM to address this. Obviously the old one stepped down for a reason. One of these may have been due to lack of time, which would explain this.

That may explain, but not excuse exceptionally terrible customer service. That would make sense over the course of a few weeks, maybe even a month or two. Not half a year.

2) The new CM has been in place for a month, and after opening a new world, being trained, and all the other duties she went through, I'm extremely impressed at how quickly she's sunk into her job.

This is pretty obviously irrelevant. She may turn out to be the absolute bestest community manager ever. It has little bearing on this problem or how long its gone on.

3) What's beyond patience is that:

A) You're comparing Innogames to crackheads, and saying they are worse.

No, im saying that anyone (apparently you) that thinks that this is an acceptable way to conduct customer service would not be able to find a job at a low rate fast food joint.

A low rate fast food joint that hires crackheads.

Because they have higher customer service standards.

I didnt call anyone a crackhead, dont attempt to twist my words, whether you are doing it intentionally or just through poor reading comprehension.

As to the rest of your post, im sure your statistics on player profitability have just dropped noticeably, as almost every one of the accounts quitting are those few that pay every month for not only premium, but account manager as well. I know not many on world 2 do.

Of course, if you simply choose to delete and blame everyone but yourselves who didn't take the action to simply google Innogames and contact the people in charge of the CM (who you assert has been negligent, yet you still won't contact Innogames about to make the claim of negligence to her superios), then I suppose I can't stop you.

Once again extremely condescendingly put and a shining example of poor customer service. Perhaps you personally should take this to heart as you clearly arent very well suited for dealing with people as the face of a company.

Regardless, we do simply choose to delete, and will just not pay innogames money anymore in the future.

That tends to be the result of poor service.

DeletedUser

You're so predictable. I knew you would latch on to me calling you an idiot and use that as an excuse to not actually read the rest of my post, where I laid out exactly how simple it would be to answer every single question we begged you to answer for four straight months in about ten seconds.

You can make up everything you want about how it's a complex formula involving business analytics, player activity, whatever buzzwords you want to vomit up, and most of the high school students playing this game will believe you. Unfortunately, I'm a grown man who is also a lot smarter than you since I'm not stupid enough to believe that it takes 4 months (and counting) to fill out the list of extremely simple requests that we've been asking for. Here, I even took a crack at filling it out myself. It took me about 90 seconds to come up with these numbers and words and also format them all with underlines.

Registration/Restart Closing
When the server reaches 1000 total players, or 10% of total players above 1000000 points, new registrations and player restarts will be closed.
Noble Price Reductions
When the server reaches 1000 total players, the price of minting gold coins will be reduced to 80%.
When the server reaches 750 total players, the price of minting gold coins will be reduced to 60%.
When the server reaches 500 total players, the price of minting gold coins will be reduced to 40%.
When the server reaches 250 total players, the price of minting gold coins will be reduced to 20%.
When the server reaches 100 total players, the price of minting gold coins will be reduced to 10%.
Final Victory Condition
Once (a single tribe or alliance of tribes) has conquered 80% of (all/player) villages, they will be awarded victory for the server and receive a prize of a new car.

This is just a possible scenario. You could type different numbers into the blanks if you felt they were better choices. For instance, where it says 1000, you could type 800, or 672, or 3. The main key is to actually type numbers into it, which you seem to think takes an entire committee and 4+ months of deliberation. Additionally, the prize of "a new car" is a joke, meant as a humorous exaggeration, just in case you're dumb enough that you think it's a sincere request. I honestly can't tell with you, so I felt it was necessary to clarify it.

DeletedUser

@suave

I like how you accuse him of his condescending tone when you didn't have a good response to a point made.

He gives you a link and tells you that these people are the ones you should have contacted. The best you can come up with is "Stop using your condescending tone, it hurts my feelings"?

Thanks for hitting the delete button, I'm sure there will be a much smaller amount of people complaining now, and since you guys no longer plan on playing, I'm pretty sure your comments aren't needed at this point.

DeletedUser

Perhaps one of us is wildly misconstruing what the position of community manager must entail. As the manager of the community they are the focal point for customer response, and communicating issues that are over their head to the higher ups is doubtless one of their responsibilities.

If you get a bad taco at taco bell you talk to the manager. You do not call the president of the company. Its unnecassary.

And what happens when you believe the manager doesn't do their job? You go to the next person on the chain of command, which is presumably the HQ. That would be similar to Innogames, no?

I did read your post. And thats a condescending tone which is a fine example of the problems around here.

Tone is relative, especially on the internet. I'm sorry if you got that impression, it was not intended.

That may explain, but not excuse exceptionally terrible customer service. That would make sense over the course of a few weeks, maybe even a month or two. Not half a year.

From 4 months to half a year in the course of a few posts; amazing how quickly time flies :confused:?

This is pretty obviously irrelevant. She may turn out to be the absolute bestest community manager ever. It has little bearing on this problem or how long its gone on.

No, im saying that anyone (apparently you) that thinks that this is an acceptable way to conduct customer service would not be able to find a job at a low rate fast food joint.

I didnt call anyone a crackhead, dont attempt to twist my words, whether you are doing it intentionally or just through poor reading comprehension.

I am saying that you are comparing the service provided to what would be provided by crackheads, then saying that our service is worse. Am I wrong? I doubt it, that's what you said. "McDonalds wouldn't hire you, and they hire crackheads". Therefore the management is worse than crackheads, according to you.

As to the rest of your post, im sure your statistics on player profitability have just dropped noticeably, as almost every one of the accounts quitting are those few that pay every month for not only premium, but account manager as well. I know not many on world 2 do.

Once more, I'm just a volunteer. I'm not privy to all these discussions.

Once again extremely condescendingly put and a shining example of poor customer service. Perhaps you personally should take this to heart as you clearly arent very well suited for dealing with people as the face of a company.

Regardless, we do simply choose to delete, and will just not pay innogames money anymore in the future.

There was a tinge of sarcasm there, no condescension of any sort. Again, I'm a volunteer, not some face of a company. I am giving you my opinion as a player and volunteer myself, as I play W1 myself.

Speaking of condescending, is anyone reading destroyerman1's posts?

I've not only become the worst moderator, I'm now an idiot according to him.

I doubt that your arbitrary guessing factored in profitability and all those factors I mentioned. You can disregard them all you want, but respecting your age as a grown man, I'd assume you know as well as I do that companies don't make the same style of rash decisions, especially when undergoing as much as Innogames has. Let me list off a few factors for you:

1) Constant updates to TW.
2) Constant maintenance for TW.
3) Working on every other game they maintain/update.
4) Hiring new CMs, translators, and staff.
5) Possible game creations depending on what they're producing.

On the specific TW level, 1/2 apply, as well as part of 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1209

If you get a bad taco at Taco Bell you talk to the manager because he has power to fix the situation. If you talk to a regular employee or the janitor then they wont have the power to hand you another taco. Horrible example. You can't assume that every company is set up like fast food which seems to be where you have most of your experience based on the examples given. You can't think of the Community Manager as a General Manager of a food joint. They don't run Innogames, they dont do the human resources work, accounting etc. Your making a horrible comparison based on a tunnel visioned approach.

Most of the posts made in this thread have been nothing but condescending. Yourself included - The problem is impatience in understanding the business aspect of this. It isn't profitable for a company like Innogames to shut down a world this early. Ultimately Innogames is here to make money, not provided customer service. Anytime you buy into a business model that says it's strictly for customer service and satisfaction then consider yourself an idiot. Businesses primary function is to profit

See above statement

Again back to the fast food references. This is not your McDonalds. Nowhere on any of my worlds can I stop by a barbarian village, order a McRib - head to the forums and demand my money back based on the barbarian crack head not speaking English. You pay Innogames for a service with premium accounts - That service is provided. You get everything you pay for. The game is free to play, so whether you choose to continue to play or not - Nobody Cares really - You guys delete 10-20 accounts - Innogames may lose 50 to 100 dollars a month from you - but from the other players taking all the barbarian villages - they may gain 200 in new premium. If you guys are doing this to prove something to Innogames then your just ignorant of how the world really works.

Your spots will be replaced - Again you guys think your more important than you really are in the grand scheme of things. With all the different servers, worlds, players etc. Your "statement" may be heard, but then forgot about the next day.

The bottom line is - you (group of people crying on the forums) did not go through the right channels to get your point across. You come out here and whine, and try to insult people its really just kind of comical. We've all felt like you have at one point or another in our lives over something, be it a company, a fast food joint, or innogames. Whenever I have gone to the people who can do something about it, they usually have, when you go to someone who has to talk to another person, who then may have to talk to someone else, You aren't taken care of as fast. I dont know your age, experience in life, or anything like that - but You guys really just look foolish with all this.

DeletedUser

@suave

I like how you accuse him of his condescending tone when you didn't have a good response to a point made.

He gives you a link and tells you that these people are the ones you should have contacted. The best you can come up with is "Stop using your condescending tone, it hurts my feelings"?

Thanks for hitting the delete button, I'm sure there will be a much smaller amount of people complaining now, and since you guys no longer plan on playing, I'm pretty sure your comments aren't needed at this point.

Lol, its cute how you leap to his defense even though you're completely uninvolved.

My feelings remain intact however, though his condescending tone is a worthy talking point. As no one in customer service, at least no one that wants to keep their job, would ever address a customer in that fashion.

I've also complained about nothing at all personally aside from outlinging this situation from our point of view over the last day or so.

So maybe, speaking on the subject of people whose comments arent needed. Some random guy that doesnt even play this world and has no clue as to the history of the conversation should take his own advice.

DeletedUser1209

Lol, its cute how you leap to his defense even though you're completely uninvolved.

My feelings remain intact however, though his condescending tone is a worthy talking point. As no one in customer service, at least no one that wants to keep their job, would ever address a customer in that fashion.

I've also complained about nothing at all personally aside from outlinging this situation from our point of view over the last day or so.

So maybe, speaking on the subject of people whose comments arent needed. Some random guy that doesnt even play this world and has no clue as to the history of the conversation should take his own advice.

My apologizes for taking the quote the wrong way :eek:

DeletedUser

You're funny really. What do you mean completely uninvolved? People can post opinions. I know for a fact I'm not the only person posting here without a W2 account.

Besides that. You really have an obsession for customer service, it's entertaining to say the least. These guys are volunteers. And, as u6s5l. has said, he's not the face of Innogames, just a guy with an opinion, as am I.

As for the posts not being needed, I still play on the US server. Don't attempt to find a pathetic reason to discredit my posts. And I'm by no means ignorant of the "history" of this situation. If I had been, I would not have been so compelled to post in the first place. But, I've kept up with the "please end this world" threads (where destroyman1 actually sold his point well), I've read all of you guys complaining, which is why I offer my opinion in the first place. If you don't want to take the offer, simply don't respond. Your choice.

The fact is, at this point, you're complaining more about poor customer service than anything, and it's not like we're forcing you to stay here. You will, as has been mentioned, be very easily replaced by other players.

DeletedUser

Tone is relative, especially on the internet. I'm sorry if you got that impression, it was not intended.

From 4 months to half a year in the course of a few posts; amazing how quickly time flies :confused:?

You apologize for it, then instantly slip back into the same tone. Fascinating.

The proper response would be an apology not instantly followed my more condescention.

In any event, as i belive you can clearly tell from reading along, i do not have exact dates, nor have i claimed to.

The timeframe is about four to five months. An acceptable generalization for that time period, if one were to make a generalization, would be 'about half a year'. i clearly made such a generalization.

Though nitpicking through things looking for minor things to be contrary about is a clear sign of a weak debater, if debate was your intention.

I am saying that you are comparing the service provided to what would be provided by crackheads, then saying that our service is worse. Am I wrong?

Close, I am indeed saying the customer service i am seeing right here is, in fact, worse than that one would recieve from an establishment that would hire crackheads.
I suppose you can read into that whatever you will.

Once more, I'm just a volunteer. I'm not privy to all these discussions.
. Again, I'm a volunteer, not some face of a company. I am giving you my opinion as a player and volunteer

You arent a Volunteer, you are compensated with premium points to be a voice of the company within this server. Low paid labor certainly, but you are compensated for it all the same, and are a representative of innogames.

As the title MODERATOR under your forum name would make fairly clear.

@ Undead billy mays. Cramming responses to all 3 of these posts together into one or two would be a bit crowded.

Yet i do not want to commit the unforgiveable sin of the trible post, so i'll respond to you later, once someone else posts.

DeletedUser

When you make an assumption you make an ass out of you and umption

I didnt run to his defense - He's one of my least favorite mods in all of tw history (no offense)

Boy you must be fired up, since youre responding and saying i made an ass out of myself for my response to an entirely different person, and acting like it was to you.

Assumptions and asses. Are you familiar with irony?

The post you quoted and are reprimanding me about is a response to e2ekiel.

You may have noticed this from it saying 'Originally Posted by e2ekiel' in the quote i posted at the start of my response.

Thats there to denote who someone is responding to.

What that means is that i was responding to e2ekiel.

DeletedUser

You're funny really. What do you mean completely uninvolved? People can post opinions. I know for a fact I'm not the only person posting here without a W2 account.

I mean you clearly dont know what you are talking about in the sense that you havent been following the conversation or what has lead to it.

Besides that. You really have an obsession for customer service, it's entertaining to say the least. These guys are volunteers. And, as u6s5l. has said, he's not the face of Innogames, just a guy with an opinion, as am I.

Customer service is pretty important, and being that the entire point of the discussion here is terrible customer service, its odd that you find that to be an issue.

In a conversation about how terrible customer service is, examples and discussions about customer service are fairly likely to pop up.

And he isnt a volunteer, he's compensated for his time with premium points and other such perks.

Its a pretty weak form of pay, but its pay nonetheless, and its for a job to act for the company moderating its forums.

As for the posts not being needed, I still play on the US server. Don't attempt to find a pathetic reason to discredit my posts. And I'm by no means ignorant of the "history" of this situation.

Nothing about my reasoning is pathetic, its quite logical.

The fact is, at this point, you're complaining more about poor customer service than anything

Heres a shocker, it might be because poor customer service is the real problem.

DeletedUser

To put this simply! normally you need 90% domination to win a world. You guys have 40%. It does not take a mathematician to see the difference..

Nauzhror

Reaction score
W1 of .net is over 5 years (possibly close to 6) old.

It recently hit five and a half, it'll have year six arrive at least before closing, not sure if it will see year seven though.

Suave said:
And he isnt a volunteer, he's compensated for his time with premium points and other such perks.

Definition of volunteer: A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.

No one but he can determine whether he is or is not a volunteer. The reasoning obviously being that someone can volunteer and receive compensation so long as they would continue volunteering if their compensation were to disappear.

Volunteers aren't people that work without compensation, they're people that work without the expectation or requirement of being compensated for their work.

I'd certainly classify staff on any version of TribalWars as volunteers. The amount of time that doing their job requires is far more than it would take them to earn the money it'd take to purchase premium anywhere else, as such arguing that the premium is the driving reason for them to put forth so much time and effort is inane.

It'd be like arguing that someone who was being paid $25 a day to work 8 hours a day at a soup kitchen wasn't actually altruistic and was in it for the money despite the fact they'd make twice as much while asking people what size they'd like their #3 combo.

destroyman1 said:
For four months we have begged and pleaded for you to please give us some kind of hint that you're potentially considering looking into the possibility of setting some win conditions, giving us the cheap nobles that we'd earned by every single objective measure that's possible in this game, or closing the world's registrations.

Only when 40% and 90% merge into the same number will you have earned any such thing. Sadly for you and your tribe that has yet to happen. I'll be sure to get back to you should a mathematician change the underlying concept of percentages though; since at such a time your dream may come true. I wouldn't advise holding your breath though since I don't foresee such a day coming in the next five thousand years.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

To put this simply! normally you need 90% domination to win a world. You guys have 40%. It does not take a mathematician to see the difference..

90% is pretty impossible to obtain with open registrations and restarts, this is why there's generally a process worlds go through as they progress into endgame, starting with the closing of registrations.

I bet world whatever that is 5 years old didn't get down to 600 active players with registrations still open either, only to see the population almost double when a world with almost twice the population closed first.

Apples and Oranges

I'm not sure why random people are getting all up in arms and defensive, nobody demanded the server be closed immediately, nobody demanded it be closed tomorrow, all that was ever requested was a guideline that would be adhered to (we were already told to use .net as a guideline and then that was recanted once we blew past those requirements). If it would have been server pop must hit 500 (which would likely take another year considering all of the fresh w2 accounts that can't even be ATTACKED for 60 days) that would have been ok, as long as there was something set and obtainable, something that made it worth continuing to work for.

Communication is the key to all customer service and I'm not sure why 2 or 3 people are grasping at the fact that u6whoever that has had plenty of posts deleted for poor posting practice for a moderator said "you guys should have contacted x email address". He's also countless times said he doesn't know the procedure or protocal, he's grasping at straws here. The players used the expected means of communication in online games after submitting tickets to find out the correct process ig and requesting this information in private mails to staff and through posts. They used the forums. Notice that Aliyah didn't tell anyone posting they were using the wrong channels, that was only done by a moderator who constantly points out he doesn't know and has no actual influence. Aliyah has stated that it's taken her by surprise really because she was unaware of the issue, I feel sorry for her for having to inherit the unhappy community from w2 but the fault for this also lies on the staff. Is it not the moderator's jobs to observe their assigned forums and communicate issues that are beyond their power to answer? Alas, world 2 also has a moderator that only shows up once a month to troll and get his own posts also removed by the previous community manager for a lack of professionalism. Fantastic.

Basically it all comes down to a constant circle of poor customer service. You say that it's a poor business model for innogames to start ending a world this soon. Ok well then if you're looking at world performanace and size it would have been a better business model to keep the world twice this one's size at the time open and start closing the smaller of the two. Twice the size = more active accounts = a high likelihood that there are more paying subscribers on the larger world = more profit. Much like it's a bad business model to lose all of the top members of this world that pay for premium AND account manager every single month along with donating premium to the members that are too young or can't afford it. Please don't spout business models and profitability when you don't seem to fully understand the concept yourself.

DeletedUser

90% is pretty impossible to obtain with open registrations and restarts, this is why there's generally a process worlds go through as they progress into endgame, starting with the closing of registrations.

Tribes have done it where there were much larger amounts of players.. In fact w45 closed in less than 2 years. You say it is impossible and you just hope we all accept your stupid thoughts as fact. The problem is not only are they not fact, but reality contradicts these "facts" you just throw out there. It is not like you own 80% and you just cant noble those pesky 100 point villages popping up! You own 40% and there is a tribe nearly the same size as you. Grow up.

DeletedUser

Tribes have done it where there were much larger amounts of players.. In fact w45 closed in less than 2 years. You say it is impossible and you just hope we all accept your stupid thoughts as fact. The problem is not only are they not fact, but reality contradicts these "facts" you just throw out there. It is not like you own 80% and you just cant noble those pesky 100 point villages popping up! You own 40% and there is a tribe nearly the same size as you. Grow up.

Erm

Is English not your first language?

Since you want to use w45 as an example

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=215785

See any similarities?

The big difference is they had cheap nobles to begin with so it didnt cost them 60 million resources to noble that 100 point village after the 60 day wait period from the time they start.

Do your homework before you start citing examples.

BTW since this still seems SO HARD for people to understand. Nobody demanded the world be closed, all that was ever requested was a guide for when the world would enter it's next stages. That's not too much to ask and any player that doesn't want to at least know what they have to fight to get to their goals is a really sad case to begin with.

Perhaps you should either read everything or grow up yourself. Or I don't know, save your "stupid opinions" as you said for a conversation where they may be relevant.

DeletedUser

ZomgItsSara said:
random insult because I know my argument is lost and I just changed half of it to compensate and went off on a tangent about a random part of one section of the argument

BTW since this still seems SO HARD for people to understand. Nobody demanded the world be closed, all that was ever requested was a guide for when the world would enter it's next stages. That's not too much to ask and any player that doesn't want to at least know what they have to fight to get to their goals is a really sad case to begin with.

There is a model. It's fairly well known 90% dominance. You have 40%......

The big difference is they had cheap nobles to begin with so it didnt cost them 60 million resources to noble that 100 point village after the 60 day wait period from the time they start.

Also takes 1 month to rebuild an army.. And you only get 800 res an hour from mines. W33 with the same settings took more than a year longer to close than that world. Even proportionally speaking that world closed extremely quickly.

As for similarities. I see none, they were allies with the other top tribe. One owned over 70% of the world nearly twice what you own, the other owned 30% nearly... That was their point.. Also if you knew anything about the world you would know that a war started and that #1 tribe with 72% lost the world. Thank you for further illustrating my point

DeletedUser

There is a model. It's fairly well known 90% dominance. You have 40%......

That is a model FOR WINNING on .net NOBODY IS ASKING ABOUT WINNING, THEY'RE ASKING ABOUT THE PROGRESSION ON END GAME PHASES. NOT THE SAME THING.

Do you understand now? Is this your first world? Is that why you don't understand endgame progresses in PHASES? Is it an English barrier? Please tell me so I can help you understand.

I'm not sure why anyone's getting a bug up their bum anyway, it benefits everybody on .us to have a guideline for world progression. Good lord.

Since you're obsessed with .net, here is their guideline which we were originally told to follow and then told that it didn't apply once we met the criteria.

We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.

Does this make sense now?

I'm also confused about how you're "lowering yourself to my level" by me quoting your own words but we can let that slide because it just derails the discussion.

Added:

Also note that world 1 closed before stages 1 and 2 were put into effect. The us server seems to be pushing end game phases in the opposite direction, another reason that it is necessary to get clarification on end game requirements.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to note, that e2ekiel posted in this thread before I did. That means he was involved even before I was in this debate. Not to mention he can involve himself if he wants to. As a forum mod, the one thing I can assure you is that the forums are there for everyone if they follow the rules, at least.

You apologize for it, then instantly slip back into the same tone. Fascinating.

The proper response would be an apology not instantly followed my more condescention.

I don't believe we're meeting up on the definitions here. Allow me to clarify:

sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a sharply ironical taunt;

con·de·scend·ing   [kon-duh-sen-ding] Show IPA
adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority: They resented the older neighbors' condescending cordiality.

There you have it, the two definitions. In the first, I am pointing out an irony in your post in a non-serious manner. Condescension would be implying that I am superior to you because I managed to find a hole in your post, which I most certainly am not. If you would like to express a dislike for my sarcasm, feel free. However, I am not condescending (I should hope).

In any event, as i belive you can clearly tell from reading along, i do not have exact dates, nor have i claimed to.

The timeframe is about four to five months. An acceptable generalization for that time period, if one were to make a generalization, would be 'about half a year'. i clearly made such a generalization.

Though nitpicking through things looking for minor things to be contrary about is a clear sign of a weak debater, if debate was your intention.

I am not nitpicking through things. I clearly and concisely answered your post about it being 4 months, specified that it was 4 months through sarcasm, and pointed out that you were incorrect about the timeframe in case anyone was unsure as to whether it was a "half a year" due to your post. I then went on to answer the rest, so it was nowhere near nitpicking.

Close, I am indeed saying the customer service i am seeing right here is, in fact, worse than that one would recieve from an establishment that would hire crackheads.
I suppose you can read into that whatever you will.

Agreed that I can indeed read into it what I've already said.

You arent a Volunteer, you are compensated with premium points to be a voice of the company within this server. Low paid labor certainly, but you are compensated for it all the same, and are a representative of innogames.

I earn in 1 hour more than 2 month's worth of premium at my job. I can assure you that I would continue to be a volunteer with or without the "compensation" I receive that doesn't even cover all of my worlds. I spend far more than an hour a day moderating, and Nauzhror put it better than I ever could.

As the title MODERATOR under your forum name would make fairly clear.

@ Undead billy mays. Cramming responses to all 3 of these posts together into one or two would be a bit crowded.

Yet i do not want to commit the unforgiveable sin of the trible post, so i'll respond to you later, once someone else posts.

For the record, double-posting is not allowed either. And if I volunteer at a nonprofit organization and get a nametag with the words "overseer" on it, as I watch over the other volunteers to make sure they are doing the correct things. Does that mean that because of my nametag, or because they pay for my food and water, that I am not a volunteer? I don't think so.

I bet world whatever that is 5 years old didn't get down to 600 active players with registrations still open either, only to see the population almost double when a world with almost twice the population closed first.

Well, even at 40% restarts and such don't close usually either.

Apples and Oranges

I'm not sure why random people are getting all up in arms and defensive, nobody demanded the server be closed immediately, nobody demanded it be closed tomorrow, all that was ever requested was a guideline that would be adhered to (we were already told to use .net as a guideline and then that was recanted once we blew past those requirements). If it would have been server pop must hit 500 (which would likely take another year considering all of the fresh w2 accounts that can't even be ATTACKED for 60 days) that would have been ok, as long as there was something set and obtainable, something that made it worth continuing to work for.

Communication is the key to all customer service and I'm not sure why 2 or 3 people are grasping at the fact that u6whoever that has had plenty of posts deleted for poor posting practice for a moderator said "you guys should have contacted x email address". He's also countless times said he doesn't know the procedure or protocal, he's grasping at straws here. The players used the expected means of communication in online games after submitting tickets to find out the correct process ig and requesting this information in private mails to staff and through posts. They used the forums. Notice that Aliyah didn't tell anyone posting they were using the wrong channels, that was only done by a moderator who constantly points out he doesn't know and has no actual influence. Aliyah has stated that it's taken her by surprise really because she was unaware of the issue, I feel sorry for her for having to inherit the unhappy community from w2 but the fault for this also lies on the staff. Is it not the moderator's jobs to observe their assigned forums and communicate issues that are beyond their power to answer? Alas, world 2 also has a moderator that only shows up once a month to troll and get his own posts also removed by the previous community manager for a lack of professionalism. Fantastic.

Basically it all comes down to a constant circle of poor customer service. You say that it's a poor business model for innogames to start ending a world this soon. Ok well then if you're looking at world performanace and size it would have been a better business model to keep the world twice this one's size at the time open and start closing the smaller of the two. Twice the size = more active accounts = a high likelihood that there are more paying subscribers on the larger world = more profit. Much like it's a bad business model to lose all of the top members of this world that pay for premium AND account manager every single month along with donating premium to the members that are too young or can't afford it. Please don't spout business models and profitability when you don't seem to fully understand the concept yourself.

I'm not going to bother, your personal attacks on me only further the fact that this post is not one that has nearly as much content to respond to. But here, allow me to begin anyways:

1) The Community Manager did not remove my posts, I did of my own free volition.
2) If all you're going to do is attack me on past situations, then I suppose you must also believe that if an 18 year old shoplifts once that he should be banned from all department stores in the future because he's done something in the past.
3) You don't know the full story on all of these things regardless, so I shan't hold that against you.

As for your profitability model and other points, I admit, I'm not all well-versed on Innogames policy. I am, as I said, a volunteer. But again, let me look at it this way:

You complain about the staff.
You complain more about the staff.
You complain even more about the staff.

But you won't contact the supervisors of these staff, to take your complaints to the appropriate people?

How is that justified?

Let me point out one more thing:

You are wrong, you never blew past the .net requirements.

The .net requirements stipulate that worlds close to new registrations based on their age, and have no set criteria. Hence why, if we were following .net requirements, W1 would still close before W2.

As for reduction of packets/coins, I don't think that's necessarily what you're asking for, as I doubt it'd make much of a difference, but I suppose you could say you reached the .net guidelines. However, proportionally speaking, you probably haven't due to W2 being much smaller than most .net worlds.

There hasn't been enough people gone to remove morale, there hasn't been enough dominance to end the world as well, and there hasn't been enough time to close the world. Therefore, even if we were going by .net guidelines, you're not there yet.

DeletedUser

Thank you for trying to derail the conversation moderator, can you stop that now? It's a violation of forum rules and nothing you're saying has anything to do with the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.