Deciding World Features

• Thread starter DeletedUser3214
  • Start date

DeletedUser3214

Just wondering jessie,

Would it be possible for the next world settings to be influenced by players? (such as if a bunch of players agree on certain aspects, could that make it more likely for that setting to occur)

i think if players help to think of ideas for next world, it would encourage activity

I wouldn't necessarily say that whatever the public wants would be exactly what the world settings would end up as , but it would be nice for some level of influence to help guide new world settings, especially if having players be happy with the forums results in them telling their friends from other servers or old worlds on .us to play again!

DeletedUser

I tried that aswell, but the mail that returned to me is there is zero chance there will be sittings like the ones i asked:(

DeletedUser

I tried that aswell, but the mail that returned to me is there is zero chance there will be sittings like the ones i asked:(

If you are going to tell people what I said, tell them correctly please and don't make it look as if I shot you down for all of eternity please.

jesseiam2 said:
I can tell you that there is zero chance our next world has any settings even remotely close to those. But we will consider them for the future.

DeletedUser

What settings did Ich Bin ask for so I know what won't be on the next world. Are we talking about world 10 here? My whole family is eager to hear about 10 (or any other new world).

DeletedUser

Game speed: 2
Unit speed: 2
Ability to demolish buildings: Active
Morale: Yes
Farm rule: Hauls
Milliseconds: Active
Fake limit: Active
Tribe size: 40
Research system: 1 lvl
Church: Disabled
Awards: Active
Growing barbarian villages: Active (up to 5000 points - Fast growth rate)
Bonus villages: Disabled
Time frame for cancelling attacks: 10 Minutes
Time frame for cancelling trades: 5 Minutes
Night bonus: Inactive
Protection for beginners: 5 Days
Max. ratio of attackers : defenders: Inactive
Archers: Active
Noblemen: Coins
Paladin: Inactive

This could be considered in the future, but it will not be the next US world.

DeletedUser548

Just saying, speed 2 and troop speed 2 most likely won't even be considered. This is my point of view as a player. Something like that would be insane, and would require 24 hours on every account just to keep up with the top few. The separation between casual players and competitive players would be much larger than it already is. Also the strain on the servers would most likely cause downtimes during wars, from so many commands happening at the same time, and being processed at the same time.

DeletedUser1446

This could be considered in the future, but it will not be the next US world.

I just hope you do realize that you got a lot of Forum members asking for speed 2 for quiet awhile! And i hope you do realize that in General that speed 2 will bring a lot...a lot more players to the world...

Either way, i´m enjoying your effort to evolve the server. Good work indeed!

DeletedUser3214

I'm not sure both should be 2 though, maybe just 2 game speed and 1 troop? Otherwise it would only increase the gap between those with 5 co's 24/7 and those who play by themselves for less time...

DeletedUser1446

No i´m talking about speed 2 world with unit speed 0.5

DeletedUser

Just saying, speed 2 and troop speed 2 most likely won't even be considered. This is my point of view as a player. Something like that would be insane, and would require 24 hours on every account just to keep up with the top few. The separation between casual players and competitive players would be much larger than it already is. Also the strain on the servers would most likely cause downtimes during wars, from so many commands happening at the same time, and being processed at the same time.

the 24 hours could be changed if you put in a "night bonus" we have a night bonus on the dutch servers, it gives defenders + 200% strength during 01:00->07:00

DeletedUser3214

Good Idea, I wouldn't mind a night bonus if we were to have higher troop speeds, makes it more fair. After all, if this is a US server, shouldn't you promote US players to play during our day?

DeletedUser

Here is the problem with a night bonus. I would ask, when should the night bonus occur? If you do it Midnight to 6am Server time, then its 8pm in California, prime playing time for most players. And its 6pm in Hawaii. So if you do it midnight to 6am California time, then it does not end until 10am server time, which prevents players on the east coast from doing anything before work or school. Then perhaps we shrink it down to only a few hours? At that point, what use is there in having it at all. Expanding it means less time to play at all. The US is so spread out that there really is no good time to do it, so the only answer is not to do it at all.

DeletedUser3214

Do you have any demographics? I think its unlikely that Hawaiians are in the majority of US players here... What about 10pm-6am Eastern? Thats 8pm to 4am California so I think that could be plausible, maybe.

DeletedUser

To stop attacks at 8pm in California (or even 10pm East Coast) would be completely unacceptable. Many player play outside of working and school hours or after their day has wound down. We would never block that out.

DeletedUser

sart it at mabey 2 o clock- 6 cause if you attack in that time your obviously giving the other no chance