Delayed Support Removal Request

Reaction score
Since I'm technically not allowed on the .net externals, I thought I'd post this here. I'd appreciate if Kawoni can forward this to some higher-up individuals and/or completely prevent this update from reaching the Tribalwars.us servers.

Hopefully you enjoy the read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Tribalwars representative reading this,

When you google "Tribalwars" you are met with 2 different statements which describe this game which are used to advertise this website.

1. Tribal Wars is a browser-based, real-time strategy, massively multiplayer online game set in the Middle Ages

2. Tribal Wars is a
popular mobile and browser game classic with millions of players and a history that spans more than 10 years. Join now to rule your own village!

When a player stumbles across these words that describe this interesting browser game, 2 words that stand out are Real-time strategy and a history that spans more than 10 years

With this update, you are putting shame to both of these descriptors. By delaying support, you are no longer making this a real-time strategy game. You are giving players the option to time their strategically-placed support and takes the 'Real-time' factor completely out of this game. In addition, you are also taking out a major part of this game's history.

When you see the external forums and players bragging (although forums have been much less lively), players love to describe the valiant efforts they had gone through sniping others. Sniping noble trains and protecting one's village using skills of practiced timing and coordination have been a timeless classic among the members of this game.

I don't think any single player that has reached 10 or more villages and has partaken in a relatively high skill-based tribe has experienced this game without going through the act of sniping. You are putting our 10+ years of history to shame with this update and degrading this game to be much less interactive and much more numbers based copy+paste codes.

I had made a silly YouTube video, but realistically, that's what this update is bringing.

Example:

Leader: I need you to snipe this noble train!

Player: When does my support need to arrive?

Leader: 10:22:25:405 is the best time for your support to arrive. Just copy and paste this into your rally point!

Player: Alright, let me try!

Player: I did it, thanks for doing all the work while I just copied and pasted exactly what you said!

Leader: Thanks for your help! Even though you did exactly what a bot could do by entering in text and clicking enter.

The interactivity in this game is being diminished. While some things like resource balancing and automatic building is something that is definitely viewed as helpful in the community, an automated option to kill someone else's troops by timing defenses to an exact point in time is not something the player-base desires.

We love updates that make the game more friendly when it comes to click-intense behaviors and automation which allows us to be with our children more and experience life outside the game. However, this update doesn't appear to really decrease our time at the keyboard, but rather seems to diminish to interactivity within the game itself. By using this option, I will not feel any more accomplished than queuing a level 10 Headquarters in my rally point. This decreases fun for both the defender and the attacker... something that I don't believe anyone expected to happen.

I don't even play this server because of poor decisions I made in the past. However, I do still enjoy making guides for the player-base because I love this game and for the memories it has brought. With over 10 years of experience and 30+ worlds played, I don't think most players in this game (New and old) would enjoy an update of this nature. Please postpone this update while you make an executive decision on its release.

Thank you for reading,

Steve/Ghio1/Report

Deleted User - 419875

Thank you for your feedback on this subject and very well written. However at this time this feature has been removed from being implemented into regular game play. However it does not mean that it may come out with something similar at a different time perhaps on some special worlds. But nothing to worry about at this time.