Did .US suddenly get smaller?

DeletedUser8082

Hi all. It’s only a few months since I last played, but I seem to remember past worlds being a decent amount bigger than US41. Am I imagining this or has this server lost some numbers? (Imagining could be a possibility since I have a memory like a.....some kind of small fish, orangey gold, can’t remember what it’s called).

Also, if the server is reducing in size, at what point does it become a candidate for merging with .Net?

DeletedUser6712

hey Hulk! Sadly, I do not think US server will ever merge Net no matter how many players are actively playing from world to world!
On other hand, I think it was like 15 worlds ago when *.us server could of have more then four continents filled in on first or second day of opening new world.

DeletedUser8336

Since TW2 is out most of servers started being smaller no?
Idk a lot about .us history but on european servers I believe since TW2 came out less and less people continued to play tw...?

Having a small servers isn't really fun but at least the server doesn't last too long..; For people that have like 6-8 months time before being busy such a server as this one is perfect ! (in my opinion)
@kawoni some stats about players to share? :')

DeletedUser8082

Yeah I guess the smaller server is fun. It just feel extraordinarily small haha. Great that it’ll never merge tho. Allows more casual and smaller players to have a little more impact.

DeletedUser707

I personally like it, outside of it "looking small" It puts all the good players fairly close together. If you don't have a "good player" within your 20x20 during start up then you got fairly lucky. On W35 alone I had 5 players within a 8 hour noble walk from me that were all pretty good. Luckily for me I farmed better and used PP so I had an advantage. But I like that about the US server. I have gone from start up to over 1Million points on .net without ever having a coordinated attack done on me because I was surrounded by newer players and slow growing players.

So there are many positives to smaller worlds. Yes you won't grow as large as you would on .net point wise. But it is still fun. Which is why I have suggested and still think they should adjust the achievements to our current world size. With 10,000,000 being gold for point achievement on a server the top player is normally between 3-5 million at end of the world is not fair. They should make it so at least the top 10 players can achieve the gold standards to most achievements.

DeletedUser8592

Hey there, US players. I just registered driven by a sudden urge to get to know the overseas tw culture. I am from Hungary, EU, I am a decent ranking player according to stats and how succesful and popular of a tribe I am the chosen leader of, and I would like to try out what it is like playing here.
It is kind of sad to see how few people play, and to be honest, I never expected a 12-limit in tribes, that is just beyond everything, we have a HUN server that started exactly at the time this one was launched, and I have to say: the differences are shocking. Even though your country is multiple times the size of ours, the amount of players is smaller, and also I discovered that the skill gap between players, the time difference between players registering is huge.
Seeing this forum completely dead, that is sad and unbelievable at the same time. This could never happen in my region, people tear each other apart verbally on here all the time. As for the tribe sizes: our top clans would sometimes not be able to fit in even 8-10 of these! That is something I cannot come to terms with. Talking about tribes, I have checked some of their profiles. The language used in both tribe, both player profiles would result in bans and other actions in my region. Idk how active and reactive the support staff is here, but wow. Seems like an abandoned ship to me. Let's move on to the next topic, top players. I need some of you to help me out on this one. I see stats and I see the main difference between my region and the US. You guys love and use the heck out of scavenging. Which is fine with me, but at the same time you would not last a minute in Eu regions. Players farm from one continent all the way to2-3 others, frequently and this makes our top50 lists look like there are weeks of difference between the HUN and US servers that in fact were launched at the same exact time. Our top player is above 1.6 mil i believe. Here this number hardly reaches half of its Hungarian counterpart, staying at 850k. Half of which is plundered by scavenging. Also because of your tribe can only fit 12 players, you have plenty of them possibly competing. We have around 5-8 relevant tribes in the beginning and then it reduces to 3-4 real fast. Then finally the server usually becomes the place for a 1v1 or 1v2 situation with huge mass attacks and ww1-like front wars.

After all, I feel like I'm stuck in a time machine. Ppl with 40k points on the server, where 98% of the population has 1 village and a lot of it still has the protection. So many new players, late starters compared to the others.

How do you guys play here? Is it common to use scripts? Do you guys spend pp? How much? What does diplomacy look like here? Is the game played in a friendly, competitive, maybe lazy atmosphere? Do you guys know and use all 3 sniping techniques? All the sweet stuff in defence and attack tactics, dodging back timing etc? Do you even have proper wars or is this more like a village simulator kind of experience? I am dying to get to know more about this region since it looks already so much different. In every single way possible. Btw, how often do you get a new server? We get one every month or so. Also do you too have classic and speed servers? We are currently at number 55, 50th HUN server was a special server celebrating with no PP-related actions or events put into the game.

Since my account is fresh, I don't have flags or ok or anything, I would offer my work as a co player if someone needs one and goes with me. I can pull out everything you can possibly ask me to perform, literally any mechanics this game has to offer, you name it I'll do it. Unfortunately I cannot play in a serious tribe in my own account for obvious reasons. However as a co-player, I can time, attack, def, snipe or anything, and thanks to the 6 he difference, farming is no problem. Also, planning to single handedly break all records of in-a-day looting results. Although I'll have to use this server to sell ressies to be able to do this on my own next time, unless I get into an account :)

Well, that's all I have to say for now, hope someone will read this and answer some of my questions. Gl, hf 'Murrica! ;)

Edit:
For anyone wondering, this is the server I am comparing yours to:
https://hu.twstats.com/hu55/index.php
I know it may look Chinese, but hmu if you need guidance, translation, I can make one any time and it works the same way the English version does anyways, so you just have to look in another tab where you want to click.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baja Blast

Reaction score
Some friendly advice:
If you are going to try to make friends on a new server, don't come in and just shit on the server/players for multiple paragraphs right away. Makes you seem like you just came over to say, "Oh, Hungary servers are SO much better than US servers." It's a bad look.

DeletedUser8592

You misunderstand me if you think I am underestimating you :) this whole thing is about habits being different. Why would anyone even do those things when the community as a whole is used to this playstyle and they don't need to change it? I am not here to spread the message eu is any better. It's DIFFERENT. That is all I'm saying :) correct me if you find any part in my monologue where I said what you said. Hungarian servers being better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8082

Well, for a start, saying we wouldn’t last one minute in EU regions....that might be saying you are better than us.....just a thought

DeletedUser8082

I do have an idea. If you wish to play me in a heads up speed round to prove how great you are I would love that. If you win, I’ll donate my account to you, email and everything with 40k pp (untransferable unfortunately hence offering the whole account). If you lose you donate 20k pp to me on Hungarian server.

That sounds fair don’t you think?

DeletedUser8592

Yeah that sentence kinda sounds cocky, pardon me, let me correct it: using this strategy, it is not possible to play on any other regions I have been to, as you can see, the servers are of the same age, yet there is a great difference in points and farming. Which's probably to do with the server settings as well as the gameplay itself. But still, I really had no offence towards you, and never said I was better than anyone:) I said that as you can see on twstats, the pace of the game is different thanks to different strategies and habits, people are forced to play the heck out of the game in my region compared to this one.
However I'd happily go up against you in a 1v1, without putting any pp on the line. I am from the good old days when having to spend money on the game was'nt a thing and I still play without it for the most part. I have never bought and will never buy any PP, do not need your account either. Just for the hell of it, yeah, we can talk about that.

DeletedUser8082

Yeah that sentence kinda sounds cocky, pardon me, let me correct it: using this strategy, it is not possible to play on any other regions I have been to, as you can see, the servers are of the same age, yet there is a great difference in points and farming. Which's probably to do with the server settings as well as the gameplay itself. But still, I really had no offence towards you, and never said I was better than anyone:) I said that as you can see on twstats, the pace of the game is different thanks to different strategies and habits, people are forced to play the heck out of the game in my region compared to this one.
However I'd happily go up against you in a 1v1, without putting any pp on the line. I am from the good old days when having to spend money on the game was'nt a thing and I still play without it for the most part. I have never bought and will never buy any PP, do not need your account either. Just for the hell of it, yeah, we can talk about that.

I’ll give the speed round a miss so if there’s nothing on the line. Unless there is some kind of pain to be felt on behalf of the loser I’m not staying up in the middle of the night for ‘pride’ haha. I have none nor do I need any.

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
@DustBinLaden The small tribes have been implemented because a 20 tribe limit is way too much for such a small server ;)

I would prefer to see it reduced even further to 8 or so, but Im already happy that they reduced it to 10-15 at the moment.

And about the skill-level of this server... I am from the Netherlands myself and that is also a pretty good server if I say so myself, but here the top players also have a really high skill-cap. The nice thing about this server is that if you are not that good, you can win a word relatively easy compared to other servers, because the worlds are slightly less competitive. This brings new players to the top of the leaderboards every now and then whereas other servers (from what ive seen) mostly have vets and heavy spender ruling everything

DeletedUser8592

Yeah I can a hundred percent aggree with that. And that is why I find this era so refreshing. The fact that everyone is chillin' and I don't see 3 big clans competing, using spies and every shady tactic they can abuse, including talking crap on forums, this just makes the game look more fun and relaxing. Honestly, farming is annoying itself, I could easily adapt to this meta myself:) Having such small tribes is very weird for me still, since I am used to the chaos and huge group-attacks, but I can see it work like a family sort of thing. Players must be closer to one another. However the skill gap makes it pretty much impossible for beginners to catch up. Tribes of experienced players can just eat everything up without competition, then use that to their advantage to fight other bigger clans. I am also shocked by how many barbarians there are. And they are probably full of ressies, even though anyone could use them to sky rocket any time. But ppl are chillin. I like it:)

Deleted User - 419875

The Hu server is about the same age as the US server but you also have to remember that there is the .net Server and alot of the US players play there. We have so many great players on the US server that have all the skills required to compete against other top players of other servers. The US server does not have classic or speed rounds those are played on the UK server. All of the same scripts sort of are used across most of the servers. If you find that there are tribe names, player names and profiles that should be taken a look at by our support team then please send us a ticket and we will be more then happy to take a look. We get a new world roughly every 3 months give or take. Hopefully, I have answered some of your questions. Welcome to the US server. Good Luck and enjoy your time here. :)

DeletedUser8473

Well, for a start, saying we wouldn’t last one minute in EU regions....that might be saying you are better than us.....just a thought
Its also completely untrue :) I'm from europe and played lots of servers, sure some may be harder and some may be easier, but overall its pretty much the same.

First of all, the world you are comparing w41 to is speed 2, which is obviously much faster, so the difference in points and in farming is pretty expected. The top guys on your server have spent quite alot of pp as well, thats not hard to see. W41 is basically just a world where everyone is minding their bussines and waiting for w42 to start, so its not a too competitive world.
Farming through 2-3 continents on a world this slow in this point of the game is for most of the players impossible and also not too much more profitable than just microfarming barbs that are lets say 15 spaces away from your village.

And what exactly would get you banned on your servers? Saying you are thicc? or writing Big D energy on your profile? Must be alot of snowflakes on your servers if that gets you banned.

And yeah you are right about the tribes being small, which btw great job by the .us team on making tribes small. It just makes the world more competitive. And yeah like you said the smaller, weaker tribes get eaten and than its just 2 tribes fighting, thats not a bad thing tho is it? Why should weak players make it to the endgame?

I'm personally not a .us player since I only played w38 a bit as a co and am now playing 41 as a co on Fatal. I played other europian servers and I also played some .net and I did pretty good everywhere I played. I came on .us because just like you without knowing anyone here just checking stats and shiet, it looks like a pretty easy world. And I mean its not hard, but its not any easier than other servers. You have complete bots here ofc, like you have them on any other server. Or is anyone on hungarian servers a complete god at the game? I reckon I'd smash 95% of the players on your server that you talk so highly of.
The point I'm trying to make is that the skill gap here is huge. We have complete bots, but we also have people at the top, that are the better players from .u and are actually very good at the game.

And lots of people prefer smaller servers and communities where everyone knows everyone. Forums might be a bit more dead here, but there is a general discord for .us servers that most of us use, so that probably plays a huge part in it.

DeletedUser8473

The Hu server is about the same age as the US server but you also have to remember that there is the .net Server and alot of the US players play there. We have so many great players on the US server that have all the skills required to compete against other top players of other servers. The US server does not have classic or speed rounds those are played on the UK server. All of the same scripts sort of are used across most of the servers. If you find that there are tribe names, player names and profiles that should be taken a look at by our support team then please send us a ticket and we will be more then happy to take a look. We get a new world roughly every 3 months give or take. Hopefully, I have answered some of your questions. Welcome to the US server. Good Luck and enjoy your time here. :)
Also I just wanna say to you kawoni, that you are doing a great job being a community manager here. Most of the tw staff on other servers doesn't communicate as much with players I feel like, at least not in the way you do. They are cocky and act as they are above anyone else, but from checking past forums I've seen you jump on the forums a couple of times to give your take on some situations, like the one here :) So yeah, keep up the great work!

DeletedUser8336

Idk how .eu servers looks now but that's true, on 37/38/40/41 didn't saw a lot of big farmers on .us ^-^ people here are pretty lazy except 4/5 good farmers (looters) the rest of the top often pp-whore a lot to stay on top ;; Idk if .eu is like that now but only big difference I could imagine with .eu servers rn (farming was much more in the .eu-players identity back when I played there than when I came here to .us)

But indeed those more easy worlds are 'fun' on a different way that is not to underestimate :')

-Lama