Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Entry #4

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Entry #5

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Well, the entries are all in. With a huge turnout, it was very hard to pick the 5 that will appear in this poll. However, the top 5 have been chosen by the moderators and the CM, and so we will wait on the votes now to declare the winner! The prizes are as follows:

1st Prize: 800pp + Title: The Undertaker
2nd Prize: 400pp
3rd Prize: 200pp

The poll will be open from April 19th, 2011 to April 26th, 2011, when the polls with the most votes will be declared the winners. The top 5 entries are as follows:

Dear Farm (I mean) Friend,
Once again, I am sorry you have fallen to my two thousand axes and five hundred light cavalry. I know you have fought valiantly. With your 11 spears and level one wall, in addition to my -24% luck you were probably ALMOST able to kill one of my units, which I congratulate you for since you are far more skilled than most others (since usually they have only been able to mass 10 spears). But right now, I'm pleased to inform you that your loss was not in vain. Your dead spirit still lives on. In fact, you bothered to upgrade your resource production far above my normal farming villages. You are contributing an extra 100 of each resource per an hour to my warehouse. Assuming you have already started over and have been relocated over the map, I will assure you that since I am using your these extra resources, many more people will join you.
Sincerely,
The Farmer

Dear OFLOW,

My eulogy is about something what really happened. A player (XXXXX) of my tribalwars.nl world 3 tribe, was ranking 8 at the absolute ranking and a great strategic player which conquered loads of enemy villages. He build op is account to 17.000.000 points, but one day his brother posted at the forums, that the greatest player of the whole community, died in real life. Cancer he had.

My Eulogy
XXXXX. You were invincible.

What they tried, what they did, what they attacked, nobody in the world was able to break our dear XXXXX. You were the one who respected the little players and who didn't fear the big ones. You were the one who played this game like a high strategic game, and the one who won it like a piece of cake. I never thought that it was possible to break the greatest Tribal Wars player I ever met, but there came a day when the world changed. Cancer conquered the best player of our world. Cancer destroyed our Tribalwars war, cancer destroyed your life. XXXXX, you were a great man, a great Tribal Wars player.

There came a day, that the message arrived. XXXXX would be gone for a while. His troops wouldn't fight for a while, his body would lay down for a while. XXXXX's troops would take some sleep to relax a bit after all those terrible fights. XXXXX himself had the biggest fight of his whole life at the same moment. The only fight which he had ever lost. The only fight which could kill that guy with the impressive game skills.

Sometimes late at night, with my iPad in my hand and my villages just before me, I look at my village names. After two years and 8 million more points, they still say '[001] XXXXX'. But the owner is now 'XXXXXXXX', and will unfortunately never be XXXXX again. And sometimes late at night, when I watch my nobles die against my enemy, I still think; XXXXX would have killed them. Our enemy.

XXXXX. You are invincible.

Kind Regards,
XXXXXXXX

Dear tribe mate,

Despite your tragical death, your name will never be forgotten! You fought for a great cause for you reign, after so much laughts and jokes you passed away but your happy spirit will remain for the eternity for those who were your friends, of that I am sure.

Some years have passed since you proclaimed your independence and you began your noble crusade across mountains and valleys for fight the guys who have attacked your fellows! Your body will disappear with the time sure, but your soul will stay with us for the eternity of the times! Was it a waste of time? Of course not, big souls like yours will never stop to fight for the freedom of those you love!

Our enemys are now happy because they defeated one of our best warriors, but your spirit will be avenged! They will not laugh at your, because with the time they will fall in pieces! We will fight for you and the ones who died with you.

You will always be remembered! Rest in peace!

*steps up to the mic*

Some of us may not have been too fond of XXXXXXXX, but I'd like to take this time to share a poem I have written about some of the many things XXXXXXXX was known for.

He wasn't the best player,
But was stubborn all through court.
He wouldn't post on the forums,
Unless it was for support.

We were close, but we made a pact
To keep us safe from harm.
But the time had come, to make a run,
And he had spiked all of my farms.

Come noble time, he made a goal
To noble close to me.
When I said no, he pushed the "go",
And took a barb in my 3x3.

He defended his top 50 status,
With all the strength he could muster,
But in the end, there was a trend,
Of a giant turtle cluster.

It took me three nukes to clear a village,
Another loss would be a shame.
But when time came to send the train,
He'd ignored my noble claim.

Now it's safe to say, our duke is great.
He saw the unfriendly vibe.
He thought it sick, and took the click,
To disband him from the tribe.

Suddenly, he became active
And off the nukes they went,
We all had saw, and looked in awe
The most attacks he'd ever sent.

Spear nukes were flying,
Hitting all our walls.
Four new attacks shown, his cover is blown,
The train was 48 seconds in all.

It took no time for him to quit,
We took out all his troops.
Come the time, he learned the line,
To not eat where he poops.

-XXXXXXXX

Im not sure if he was friend or foe
He was in my 7x7 so he had to go
He was building spear
and I built cats ,
Now his wall is back to broken wood slats
He gave one last try ,
but all his troops I ate,
so you see -thats why he lies here
in this old wooden crate.
Ill say my goodbyes before they close the door,
May God Help you Brother if you join world 4

Note: Some names were X'ed out to try to keep anonymity in place, and after the competition is over will be re-added. Also, in the Hall of Fame, the winner (if they have names in theirs that were X'ed out) will have the names re-added. So get to voting for your favorite everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

u6s5l. said:
With a huge turnout, it was very hard to pick the 5 that will appear in this poll. However, the top 5 have been chosen by the moderators and the CM,

Maybe your entry didn't pass the selection.

DeletedUser

Yes, I'm sorry but there were so many entries it would've been impossible to put them all in a poll and have a clear winner. In fact, I couldn't even pick a top 10, there were so many. So we simply had to choose the top 5 using moderators and CM opinions, and we placed those in the poll. I'm sorry if yours wasn't selected, but there will always be more competitions :).

DeletedUser

Well...the poll is over and the winners have been decided:

1[sup]st[/sup] - [user]Hoffnung.[/user] - 800pp + Title: The Undertaker
2[sup]nd[/sup] - [user]Shaky Surgeon[/user] - 400pp
3[sup]rd[/sup] - [user]mzz0z[/user] - 200pp

The prizes will be handed out within the coming days.

I have also allowed all the entries to be viewed "HERE"