Flag farming discussion

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date

Deleted User - 419875

Please discuss all the flag farming feedback here.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on how this was an issue for anyone? Seems like a terrible idea and one that will discourage many players. This will surely only have a negative impact on the player base.

Does this mean all flag gain will be stopped upon reaching the threshold? Or just gains from noble production?

Will a threshold be added for all current worlds or just new worlds going forward?

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on how this was an issue for anyone? Seems like a terrible idea and one that will discourage many players. This will surely only have a negative impact on the player base.

Does this mean all flag gain will be stopped upon reaching the threshold? Or just gains from noble production?

Will a threshold be added for all current worlds or just new worlds going forward?

An undisclosed "at a certain time" limit to flag gain doesn't seem to be helpful in the slightest.

And in reference to what Sweeney said, I am curious if this would be applying to all current worlds or only to new worlds.

Deleted User - 419875

Not so much of an issue on the US Server, we have only had a couple of times where we had to say come on guys lets go finish the world. But, it is a problem on other servers and it is something that we are going to implement on all servers. If there is no problem with this type of behavior with the US server then there will be no real notice.
Flag gain will be stopped in the progression of flag farming.
It will be on all open worlds including old and new.

Deleted User - 419875

An undisclosed "at a certain time" limit to flag gain doesn't seem to be helpful in the slightest.

And in reference to what Sweeney said, I am curious if this would be applying to all current worlds or only to new worlds.
It is one of those things that in order for it to work must be on a random basis. So that the worlds can not be manipulated by flag farming.
All worlds it will be active.

bluex

Reaction score
I think Inno missing the forest for the trees!. this is another standardization being done across all servers to the detriment of specific servers. If folks are hanging on to make flags thus not fulfilling the end world domination which is what you are telling us. the problem is not the players but 2 things. End domination too high or FLAGS are an issue to get. the flags should have been worked on years ago as was asked for repeatedly. On the mini game now playing for instance, I got luck flags, pop, flags, and the all ever popular and shoved in our face haul flags,, what of recruit flags and attack flags? It's a running joke with some of us players. Instead of having folks skirt the flag issue revamp the dang flags so folks PLAY THE GAME. I dont know what had happened to Inno and truth be told they need to make money for the investors bought in and I get it, the cutting corners, hence all this standardization being shoved down our throats. ..BUT this all across servers thing you all keep pulling is a turn off and frankly turning off the base. I am sure the devs think they fixed the problem by doing this, but some one WILL find a way to outskirt the issue. If its standardization you all want simply get rid of the individual servers as frankly that looks the way its going. SO, If the flags are an issue FIX the flags so they are more available to folks just started the game if that is what they want. Stop with this insistent one fix to everything making the game more uncomfortable to play and listen to the actual players. It's not the players are at fault trying to find the things, its you guys not providing the players the tools they need to play the game adequately.. Simple.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 419875

Thank you bluex for your feedback we will share everyone's feedback with the Devs.
The flags are the pretense to using to keep the world open after the time with which a world should be closed such as shuffling around to drop the Domination on a world every time the world comes close to closing just to farm flags. This has been an issue across all servers, On the US server we have had a couple of times where we have had to force close a world in which this was happening. So, it is not just End domination that is to high. Several factors play into partially what I have just described.
This standardization is in part of a suggestion from several communities including the US server. That we pass onto the Devs.
We do not disagree that the flags should be worked and hopefully this coming year we will have some of those things.
Certain games or mini games can not have certain flags active because it can cause an advantageous situation so we try to restrict those flags on those games due to that fact.

bluex

Reaction score
I hear you and understand, though dont agree...NOW on a personal level is that WE you used is that a royal WE. Wahahha....just busting your chops.. Get it done Kawoni best ya can. you got the gist of the gripe from those above . NOW as far as advantageous .. How is it that end times end on the casual C8 world end at 04:45 on the US Server giving those in earlier time zones and advantage and barbing happens between 0100 and 0200 again giving an advantageous.I know not part of this discussion but does tie in to the gist of the standardization.

Last edited:

RedAlert

Reaction score
I know that one world on net market (can't remember which one exactly but it was like just months ago not a very long time ago) kept being pushed by players. Whenever domination was achieved for example they would move players around so the end of world phase wouldnt start. They kept doing this over and over again so they could flag farm.

These are the players and the worlds that I think will be affected from this change regarding flag farming ...

Lets remember that it is a game and a game is supposed to be fun ... and I have been around in late game a lot of time and it gets boring at that time. I remember for example us42 where even there players flag farmed a lot, but it was not as bad as on that net world, I (ranked 5th there) together with every other player were flag farming ... but believe me we wanted the damn world to end.

I am not against flag farming, of course I'm not, I'm not a big spender so how else am I to compete with big spenders who buy the amount of flags I farm in 1 month ... they buy that amount in 1 day?

But still If a world goes on for 2 months more because of flag farming ... that's not normal. There must be a limit.

Corndog

Reaction score
Annnnnnnnd another reason why those who pay money to play this game will stop paying you money. Good business model :)

drumguy33

Reaction score
I haven't come back to TW in a while now. This just adds to confirmation that it seems pointless to come back now.
So flag farming. This is something many loyal players love(d) to do to continue to strengthen their account for future worlds. Not everyone did this? Why? Who cares. Those that actually do it, do it to strengthen to come back in FUTURE WORLDS. Wow. Imagine returning customers to play your game. Let's face it, TW isn't what it used to be but for what it still is to many players, let's take something away from them. Very smart. These are the players that love this game and to take away the ways they can enjoy this game is a little short sighted.
- Drum

RedAlert

Reaction score
I have been playing the game for 12 or 13 years. Actually in my first ever world I got banned (that happened on .net, not here) ... but here I am back playing and loving the game. The boring part of the game is when all has been completed, the enemy has been beat and players push the end of the world's end infinitely (on net it was pushed it for months, not 1, not 2, but months) for flag farming. That is not normal bcs it's one tribe mostly that keeps the whole world open ... to flag farm.

The game is fight with other players, if you have finished fighting them ... it only makes sense for the world to end ... not for people to push infinitely the world's end. I can't even remember how many times in the past I lost interest in the game because it got boring so I quit, on end game, even on winning tribes (especially during the Chaos/Drink reign). Like me, I know other players that have quit because the world kept going on and on for flag farming ...

What makes the game interesting is the dedication you put, the ops, the plans, the snipes, the attacks you send in the middle of the night, even waking up in the middle of the night to send those attacks, etc ... it's not flag farming. 90% if not more of the players don't even do flag farming properly and even on the winning tribe, the ones who actually do flag farming are a few.

So if a world is about to end, it has 200 or 300 players still active on the world and they all wait for the world to end ... they all need to wait 5-10 players that need to flag farm ... for 5 months. That's not normal IMO.