hoang nghiem's Start Up guide (requires heavy activity)

DeletedUser

Author: Hoang Nghiem

start up guide.

Due to a huge demand for my start up strategy, I have written up one that is as simple as possible. This one is not as details and Nauhz's start up guide as it is alot more simple and do required you to use some of your "grey matters" to make work as effiecents as it can be.

The benefits of this guide compare over to the other guides:
1. It will guaranteed you successes in term of Troops (more important) and points. I have never failed to hit rank 1 in server using this strategy.
2. It will make sure you have not only decent but very good troops count which can be O or D depend on your playing style, however this doesnt suit HC players.

The effectiveness of this guide is depending on some factors:
1. It requires constant activities all the time during BP (saying that its only required coming back at the right time to send out farming troops.. which isnt alot at this stage)
2. The numbers of Barbs and inactives in your 7x7 for BP and 15x15 for after BP.
3. The duration of BP (it best works on 3 days BP, however 1.5 days with 2 speed has proven very good as i have tested it in w44)

I will make this clear is that this guide is purely based on TROOPS AND FARMING.

Ok we have cleared some bits now lets go straight to the guide.

HOANG NGHIEM'S START UP GUIDE:

Joined the world and have a look around your area for the followings:

1. Barbs, anything from 2-3 barbs in 7x7 is good, if you have a wood bonus barb next to you... you are set for a good ride.
2. Start the account running using the guide and check the map again in about 5 hours to see if your area getting better, how crowded it is (the more the better).
3. If you have failed hits point 1 and point 2 above.. re-start, if still not better, delete account and make a new one. however you only need 2 barbs at minimum so... the chance that you have to delete the account is minimals.
4. The guide works best on outter core where you have less active farmers and hardcore players.. forexample.. if you put me and lodda next to each other.. im sure it wont be a pretty sight :D wont work no matter what guide you use.

Once you have settle and happy with your village location, lets start the building part.

START UP GUIDE:

1. Build all mines to lvl 1
2. Go straight for Barrack (if you are playing paladin world then get statue first)
3. DO NOT build any thing else in HQ, just purely build spears. At this stage the only thing that running is Barrack (this will make your wood lvl very low but dont worry, once you have 50 woods spend it on spears)
4. 10 spears is enough for a farming run some worked out its can do for less but remmeber wood is most important, you want to break even wood at least (i cant be bothered to work out how much spears to break even wood so i always use 10 spears), Start farming with 10 spears.
5. Once resources have come back from a farm run, spend it all on spears again. and refarm.
6. Keep your eyes on clay and iron lvl, they will raise very quickly, so build up second lvl warehouse when you have about 700 iron or wood, and once iron is getting higher, getting market to store is a good idea.
7. The farming runs are like this:
_ If you are sending farming run at village A and just come back, dont farm village A again and move on to village B (once you start to have more than 40 spears each run) and come back to Village A once you have done village B and C etc... make it like a circle.
_ once you have 64 spears seperate them out into 2 farming groups, 32 and 32 spears
_ keep the group even out until 96 spears then go 32 , 32 , 32. Dont worry if each runs dont clear a village, you will have to come back to it, this will minimised the resources loss (time as well) if you have hit an emptied farm.
8. You will see that at first your village will not grow alot points BUT troops wise you are very good, the whole points of this is getting troops tp prepared for BP (this is when your real resources and growth start)
9. Once you have decent incomes from your farm runs, that you can actually keep the barrack going as well as HQ, start working on your HQ, at this stage you should have at least 175 -200 spears and start farming within your 15x15 (PP players will have big advantage)
10. You should be about 2 and half days into the game and should have at least! 175 spears, i once had 300 spears when BP end and also 50 axes ready. Now start building for axes. once you can get axes, only need about 50 of them.
11. your village build should look like this (main ones)

HQ 5
Barrack 5
Smithy 5
Wood 1
clay 1
Iron 1
Ware house 4-6
market 4-5
farm (higher means more troops, so anything up to 4 will be ok)
troops: 175-250 spears anything around that will be ok

These are minimals so if you have much higher, you have done pretty well, however on world speed 0.5 it will take longer ;). i would recommend to raise smithy before HQ cause the longer it takes to build at early stage the better cause .. face it, you dont have alot of resources so building longer queue while waiting for resources coming back is a good idea.

ending of BP:

This is the most important part, you have been building spears mainly just for this moment, if you have PP, you will have big advantage.

1. have alook around you and look out for all those villages that are less than 70 points, all those are possible farms. as soon as BP end send out 107 spears to those villages to clear them. ideally to have about 214 spears (i usually have more, so the more spears the better). For paladin world, send paladin and 50 axes to them first to kill any paladin left over (if paladin world clear anythig under 80 points). rebuilding axes if you lose any. just keep the axes at 50 and keep building spears.
2. Golden rule for this: DO NOT FARM barbs at this stage. keep sending your spears out to clear those 70 points and under.
3. you will find that resources bringing back most of the time will be full haul, cleared one, move on to the next. Your barrack should be running constantly still and there should be left over, so .. invest some resources to get scout then LC.
4. If you have done it right, you should stored HELL LOT of IRON!. use them to get your LC. LC will flow in fast as all resources are ready and steady income from clearing farms. you will be well on your way.

By this time you would have a big adtavange compare to others. This is what you would have couplachieved if you followed the guide 100%:

_ much higher and steady incomes from farming with spears and the with LC compare to mines tactic.
_ High troops count compare to other players around. (switch from spears to axes when you have enough resources to maintain axes, Stab is more important to keep running than barrack so if you low on wood, stop barrack and keep stab running)
_ You are set to clear those noobs who mine whores as their troops are very low, just scout them and clear them if you think they are not active that much, those will make good farms.

Im too lazy to write any more, this is a rough guide so if you need some direction in game just let me know.

SUmmary: there is only couple of rules you need to follow. IF you do not follow them.. you have totally messed up.

1. NEVER EVER look at your points or ranks.. those will come naturally. But keep your eyes on your troops, the more the better.
2. Do Not up grade mines! cause they are wasting resources, rather spend them on spears at beginning (alot of players disagreed and went to build mines anyway, hence they did not do so well, trust me on this)
3. To be sucessful you need to be ultra active before BP and farm your ass out, this is the most important time as how much spears you got will determine how successful your start up will be when BP end. so if you cant be active.. get yourself a co-player.
4. Do Not building anything in HQ unless stab and rax is running all the time.

I only here to guide you up to LC .. after that .. keep building troops and up grading HQ, you can noble rushed if you want cause the truth is.. your troops is way better than those around you. Upgrade your Rax and Stab to lvl 15/10 at least (ideally 20/15) before going for academy.

hoang nghiem

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, now we have like 5 guides telling us the exact same thing. Besides, on speed 1, 3/1/1 mines are atleast 4h faster than 1/1/1 mines if you are going for 1 pally and 12 spears, though I start farming at 4 spears + pally.

DeletedUser

I suggest putting up a Church World Guide.

Since, W1 is a Church World.

This will help the New Inexperienced Players, and Players that haven't played in a Church World before.

There is a good Guide in the .NET Forums that I highly suggest being posted in here.

DeletedUser

I suggest putting up a Church World Guide.

Since, W1 is a Church World.

This will help the New Inexperienced Players, and Players that haven't played in a Church World before.

There is a good Guide in the .NET Forums that I highly suggest being posted in here.

mail me the guide or post it here, I will add it

DeletedUser

I can't wait for world with no church to come out =]

The churches always take up populations =[ which is bad for offensive villages