How to handle Premium Whores

Reaction score
I've decided to make guides on .net server, so I'll release them here as well. Link to .net

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic of the "Premium Whore" has been something brought up to me many times. I have been one, I have witnessed many, and I have been frustrated by them.

However, they're here to stay and whether or not you become one, you'll have to learn how to deal with them if you want to survive.

MY Premium Whore Definition:
Any individual who uses excessive amounts of premium past the general uses shown in the premium feature log. A premium whore can be a skilled player using premium efficiently or a newbie player using premium to help them pass through the ranks and more skilled players.

There is no doubt that using the premium exchange gives a user a huge benefit over an ordinary player, so many of these players generally ask me how to combat these examples:
2224b08ce0c6c9d569f36cfb7fa12f26.png

e6a20631e5209457d65c58435d942719.png

c5b5c94b29c1e82045c082eab46f2ec1.png

These worlds all began within 2 days of each other (20 days ago) and the only way in early game to achieve these ranks is to heavily use premium.
Merging, farming, or heavily building pits will NOT give you these results in ANY circumstance until about 50 days into the world, where skill begins to surpass premium.

So to address the main question of the masses, the only way to acquire these early ranks is to use premium and to academy rush and noble everyone else around you and then build up those villages. To hold these early ranks into mid/lategame, you'll need skill, passion, farming and a good tribe to help keep you in the lead.

Now onto the topic: How to deal with these players?

There are 5 different approaches to handling these players:

1. Join them in premium whoring
  2. Build a morale effective village
  3. Go full offense along with friends and take the individual out
  4. Become their basher
  5. Start over and try again
1: "If you can’t lick ’em, jine ’em" - Senator James E. Watson
If you don't want to deal with these players, just become on yourself. This is definitely the easiest way to combat premium whoring (besides quitting) and has become a standard in maintaining the top ranks at startup
2: Build a morale effective village
When people premium whore, they generally increase tremendously in points. Some players focus only on the production of troops, but this is an extremely slim sample of the population. In this case, I suggest you make sure to get your wall as high as possible, focus on building defensive troops and try to keep your points low while going for academy. This includes keeping your headquarters 20 at a maximum and not maxing out your resource pits. I suggest using troops to heavily farm to provide most of your resources and if you have a great morale ratio, your tribe will be more willing to support you.
3: Go full offense along with friends and take the individual out
The key to defeating any premium whore (rimming them) is to work as a team to take that player out. Today, tribalwars has become more focused on the individualistic gain and less on the tribe, but with good communication... Even the best can fall.

Most premium whores (that are skilled) tend to build an offensive only village with maybe 2 50 sp/sw packets. They are extremely limited on defense so if you focus only on build axes/light cavalry, along with 2 buddies, you can take this player out.

How to do so? I suggest that one of your group sends the first nuke at the individual, baiting the Skilled premium whore to attempt a backtime. This may result in the loss of your friend's troops, but then this opens you up to backtime the premium whore and then have a juicy village for looting or nobling.
If the premium whore is an unskilled player (These users generally build defensive), they'll most likely noble a barbarian village and be no threat to you. In this case, you'll just have to wait for the world to progress and allow your farming to outscale their premium-spending habits.​
4: Become their basher
Most if not all premium whores suffer from morale and will have a rough time nobling decent villages if they struggle with morale. In this case, I suggest you to contact your local premium whore and offer your bashing services in exchange for protection throughout the world.

This will bring you both a symbiotic relationship as you'll have the premium indirectly on your side to take out your enemies, while your troops can be used to aid the beast.

I believe that any decent premium whore who has future aspirations will at least consider your offer to bash as it will allow them to expand faster and defeat players who were once a morale threat...

Warning: Bashing will be contingent on your ability to create troops and farm well in order to create more troops. I would suggest maxing out your barracks and stable... Betrayals do happen, so find someone you trust
5: Start over and try again
Hey man, you don't always win. This time you were bested, but tribalwars releases worlds approximately every 65 days so you will always have another chance. If you fail this time, I suggest you choose one of the above 4 methods to aid you in your future ventures!

Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this guide to dealing with premium whores. (I would prefer this stay in general rather than guides)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Topics I'd Like to Cover:

• Tribalwars Version Updates (Full breakdown of Update -- Discussion of what has changed and what can be used to benefit individuals)
  • Tribalwars Event Guides (Most optimal paths as events are released)
  • Any Suggestions from forum users