Is TW actually playable "late game"?

DeletedUser5993

By that I mean lets say you join a World thats not even a week old, you already have ppl in the core that have over 1k points, tribes in rank 1-5, and are nobling left and right., as weeks go by those stronger tribes are just getting stronger, eventually they get closer to you and you get nobled, you start over in a 26 point village from scratch, do you REALLY have a glimmer of a chance at being successful when youre already low on the "food chain" and the higher ups are just getting bigger and bigger or would playing again only just end with you getting nobled again? The only way I see a new world joiner surviving in that situation is being lucky enough to get into one of those top ranked tribes (good luck)...

HAs theer EVER been a time in TW history where a smaller/weaker tribe (lets say rank 70-80) made but to the top and took out the bigger/strobnger tribes and won teh world, or at the very least come pretty darn close (i.e making it to rank 10 or higher) before finally losing? Because so far TW seems to cater to those who start first while anyone who does may as well not start at all.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Of course it's possible. Of course it takes longer to reach a higher rank, but it's certainly possible. The last two worlds I have played (W17 and W15), I nobled my first village when the top player had 5+ villages. On both occasions I eventually climbed to the top 5.

Farming should be a lot better on the rim, so this strategy works in favour of heavy farmers.

DeletedUser5993

farming wouldnt be the issue, the issue would be a) most of the village around you being barbs or not even 2k points so no GOOD farms and no good noble targets when the time comes.

b) despite all the 3k+ villages near the middle where all the big players are, they decide to noble out towards the rim taking your not even 1.5k point village and you cant really do anything about it.

Sure if were left alone long enough to get big then yes I can see it happening however how often are you left lone to do that?

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
You should be able to farm considerably more on the rim, otherwise you're doing it wrong.

DeletedUser5993

im on the rim and in my 9x9 there are 32 villages aside from me, 2 are tribemates, 1 is bigger than me, so thats 3 out of 32 i cant (or wont) attack, as for the rest 17 are barb/bonus villages and out of all 29 villages that are up for grabs 11 of them are 100 points or higher with only 5 of them being 200+ points which means more than half the farms dont have warehouses big enough to hold a lotta resources or resource pits big enough to produce resources fast enough to farm effectively am I right?

Lets also add to the facthat im more than likely not th only one hitting these viallges lol

DeletedUser

i'm with Nauz, if give that opportunity i would be in a really strong position to do well. Try micro farming.

DeletedUser

HAs theer EVER been a time in TW history where a smaller/weaker tribe (lets say rank 70-80) made but to the top and took out the bigger/strobnger tribes and won teh world, or at the very least come pretty darn close (i.e making it to rank 10 or higher) before finally losing? Because so far TW seems to cater to those who start first while anyone who does may as well not start at all.

To answer this question (even though it's late). Yes, it has ever been possible. I once started on a world in K8 (absolute rim) while the number 1 already was arround 5 mil in the core. However it was not the first tribe I was in, I came into a tribe that was K18 (still rim). That tribe made it to rank 3 or 4 before finally losing against a core tribe. That was more or less because of internal problems, not that the core tribe was so much bigger.

But basically, if you start later you either need to have luck that you don't get nobled, or are under real protection of a bigger player, or you need to be good and choose to start a couple of days / weeks later so you get with the "rim noobs" who are easy to noble once you can noble yourself.

DeletedUser5034

As long as you don't start too late, yet it is playable and maybe even easier as you will be on the rim and should be able to catch up with those that started early, if you are decent.
On a US world I wouldn't leave it too late though these worlds are tiny but on .net you can start a couple months late and be fine.