Limit on daily play time and fast world speed

• Thread starter Zentrum der Welt
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I'd like to see a fast setting with a daily limit on play time. Make it easy to build up and non-advantageous to co-play. Most people can't devout their entire day to TW. I believe this would encourage fairly active play. Sleepy time would be interesting and team play required. Thoughts?

DeletedUser

How would the play time be measured?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think login time would be the only available metric.

DeletedUser

So let's say it's 8 hours from when I login...what happens if I login but leave the tab open because I have to do something else? Should I suddenly be penalized for the rest of the day?

DeletedUser

I think when people realize their time is limited they will logout. It could be a generous 12 hours to accommodate most peoples window of playtime. One could leave a window open or close it out in favor of bouts of insomnia. Judicious use of time, resources and relationships would define the optimal strategy. Mandating a vulnerable period I think would add an interesting complexity.

DeletedUser

Then this brings me to the question of how one would deal with when they are being attacked 24/7 by other players. A tribe can use their time slots to effectively be sending attacks every hour of the day, and the player is left unable to defend for more than 12. What then?

DeletedUser

Only to an extent. All you'd have is players being taken out left and right with ease because they can't login to defend.

DeletedUser

I guess if you found yourself next to someone who logged on for 12 hours straight everyday eliminating them would be easy enough. The greater likelihood is they would use alerts and have some reserve time to respond if necessary.

DeletedUser1180

Then this brings me to the question of how one would deal with when they are being attacked 24/7 by other players. A tribe can use their time slots to effectively be sending attacks every hour of the day, and the player is left unable to defend for more than 12. What then?

This is the biggest problem on a world with limited play time. I think the night-bonus servers come closest to a world like the one proposed? If you attack during the night-bonus you will loose far more troops. This is only possible for country-servers. The us-server is far too international to make that work.

Or you would have to set up a world that has opening hours during which attacks can be sent and land... the hours during closing nothing happens on the server. Could be that when it is open people will feel it mandatory to be around, so in fact the opposite would happen of what was the intention.

I do wonder if enough people would be interested in such a world. Now people look for other solutions to still have a RL, like having co-players or using all the technical solutions they can to limit their time online.

DeletedUser

I guess if you found yourself next to someone who logged on for 12 hours straight everyday eliminating them would be easy enough. The greater likelihood is they would use alerts and have some reserve time to respond if necessary.

How would you find the balance? If all it requires is logging out when I'm not doing something, I can easily make top 10 and still not worry by doing that. If I have 12 hours to play, all I do is login and do my stuff then logout. Could still do very much very easily.

Either way, my main point was that you would essentially force a player to be online 12 hours straight and then they couldn't defend :). I don't know if you've been in a large war, but when you have 6,000 incomings they are landing fairly constantly and you have to dodge and watch out for noble trains quite often. Which means mostly continuous play if the enemy is any good. What then? I can't even have an account sitter to help me while I sleep like I usually would. All tribes would just do this, then it's just a game of "who can do this the most often and recruit members most to make up for it", rather than really fighting it out and seeing how much teamwork a tribe can have with an account under pressure.

DeletedUser1180

Just realised there is another downside to the system. Because you have to spend your online time wisely people probably would not like to spent too much time in chatting with others IG. So the core of the game, playing together with others probably would suffer under the settings. Maybe a slow world on a server with nightbonus would be closest.