Mail language

• Thread starter DeletedUser1327
  • Start date

DeletedUser

But it's good enough so you know the intent and with google chrome it automatically is translated so no time wasted :).

DeletedUser

But it's good enough so you know the intent and with google chrome it automatically is translated so no time wasted :).

No, it isn't. A single word being translated slightly wrongly can change the whole meaning of a sentence.

DeletedUser

Maybe. I see your point. but wouldn't it be the same vice versa if the translator screws up and what was meant as a harmless message was translated into a aggressive sentence?

DeletedUser1446

Maybe. I see your point. but wouldn't it be the same vice versa if the translator screws up and what was meant as a harmless message was translated into a aggressive sentence?

Man... For all those questions they made the rule... Only in English! Nothing more to say don't you get it?

DeletedUser

Why can't the ig mods just use like google chrome. It works well and alot of other servers really don't care what language you speak unless it's a speed round. Its why ban people from different languages if they don't ban us?

Not to oversimplify it, but the mods are volunteer. I speak only for myself, but I work full time, have a family, and I like to occasionally play Tribal Wars from time to time. :)

Innogames, in an effort to attract and retain moderators, have set rules in place in which to assist the moderation team. Some may not care about the amount of time it takes to moderate the game. Luckily, Innogames does. There are so many different language versions of the game so that anyone who speaks just about any language can find a place to play where they can feel most comfortable and communicate with ease. This particular server was designed to accommodate those who feel most comfortable speaking English.

The mods were chosen with the criteria of being able to communicate in English (even the Community Manager). I could never mod on the German server because I dont speak German. I would never play on the German server because I dont speak German and my playing experience would be severely diminished by using a translator all the time. I wouldnt understand jokes, understand slang, or when someone is trying to be sarcastic.

This particular topic has been beat to death. Again, I speak only for myself, but I would prefer never to have to ban someone for any reason if I can avoid it. So please, follow the language rules. (follow all the rules for that matter :p )

DeletedUser

I'm convinced idk about the rest of you but that makes good sense. Ok but any tribes or players that want to speak in a different language just get skype.

DeletedUser

I just don't get why do you want to play in the US server, if you don't want to speak English or you can't speak it at all. I mean, I'm sure InnoGames and the US team welcome you to play here, but if you can't speak english properly, why don't you stay with the portuguese and/or brazilian portuguese server?

DeletedUser1093

So you are saying that our volunteer IG moderators should spend more of their time by using translators so that you can save time by not having to translate it?

DeletedUser

I agree.It's my problem how I talk.If the guy doesn't understand what I say,report me and get me banned.But if I only talk Chinese with Chinese guys it shouldn't be a problem,right?

It becomes a problem when you both have a falling out. As a proactive measure we decided to only communicate in english so we do not have to translate pages and pages of foreign arguments. Aliyah's comment sums up the reasons why we do not allow multiple languages quite well.

Also we do not have time to translate multiple reports. Everyone who plays on this server agreed to communicate in english, so please abide by the rules.