Memories long gone

DeletedUser

Favorite Moments

I have a few. I'll lay one out at a time.

If anyone knows my history, I was originally King James II. As KJ2 I was in LTR. We had some good players, but we had poor leadership. We had this real experienced player come to us looking to join. He laid out a whole bunch of strategy and talked a good game. We all drank the Kool Aide.

Before too long u6s5l became a duke of LTR. The next thing we knew the tribe was disbanded and chaos ensued.

Kudos u6s5l, that was a good move.

DeletedUser

I have a few. I'll lay one out at a time.

If anyone knows my history, I was originally King James II. As KJ2 I was in LTR. We had some good players, but we had poor leadership. We had this real experienced player come to us looking to join. He laid out a whole bunch of strategy and talked a good game. We all drank the Kool Aide.

Before too long u6s5l became a duke of LTR. The next thing we knew the tribe was disbanded and chaos ensued.

Kudos u6s5l, that was a good move.

Oh god, I almost forgot about that. That was hilarious too. I was a terrible person on W1 :p.

I was in Smash, and ~LTR~ was a noob-ish tribe in the area. We were pretty annoyed by ~LTR~, and I planned to quit, so I joined ~LTR~ and paid attention. I'd heard that the leader trusted Romanian's almost unconditionally, so I spoke in Romanian and pretended to be Romanian. I got to be baron within 48 hours. Within 5 seconds, I had (not disbanded the tribe, by the way, this took almost 70 tabs) dismissed all players besides myself and the duke. Because I was a baron, I opened a tab with all the dismissals ready, and got everyone dismissed within a few seconds. Mass-dismissal, no one had time to stop me lol.

Then, Banesmasher attacked me, and I noticed some talent in his quick growth and so on. So I told him he was in the wrong tribe, and he could rim me if he wanted but he should speak to The SmashNasty to see how real players played. And so he did, and joined Smash later on.

Was a great way to get a great player into our tribe :D.

And yes, it was under my name.

DeletedUser

Hmmm...so many memories!

In retrospect I loved the whole Sie AQ war. Those were dicey times for us; at the time we had (on paper) a huge list of enemies...and yet I felt pretty confident about our chances because with the exception of only a very short list of people such as Kenny & Co, Muuh (when he was still awake), and maybe Kategikos I had very little respect for the fighting ability of most of the people we faced. We also had strong allies and friends (SS, 404) and I really felt we had the best people and were able to weather the storm.

I also loved the whole diplomacy angle. We went through quite a few mergers and deals, and there were a few times I was able to pull off a few good moves for our tribe. Then there was the whole Sie AQ thing; while in retrospect I was kept in the dark about the real goals some of the more influential members of our tribe had, it ended up being the beginning of the end for everyone else in the world...getting Sie AQ to agree to that merge and end the war, even if it ended up being a doomed merge, was the crack that ended up shattering the whole BJ/MagicX/SieAQ/SD alliance once and for all. By the end of that MagicX was gone and SieAQ was at war with BJ, while Ego was reborn and resurgent. Again, not all my doing, but I had a hand in some of that :)

Memories, memories...when you win the game, we're all bound to have quite a few good ones :)

DeletedUser

all of this was going on while I was living in my nooby "FWS" tribe.....no clue about what was going on outside of K37 and I was the only one that wanted to use the "War" part of the game.

DeletedUser

And then you met davehole, and it was spam-love at first site :eek:

DeletedUser

No it was Berty and Bayou that dragged me out. I Had started attacking that noob KJII when we came to a diplomatic agreement, and then Davehole cuddled up close, was just about to run my attack script on him when they brought him into Smash.

DeletedUser

Oh I didn't realize you were in Smash first... idk that's way back when I first joined the world, so don't remember much of it...

Old tribe New tribe Date/Time Points
None UNIT 26th November 2010 - 23:01:56 111
UNIT None 05th December 2010 - 11:10:27 295
None Smash 11th December 2010 - 17:13:40 585
Smash 404 01st March 2011 - 20:14:34 30,415
404 None 23rd March 2011 - 20:19:36 70,566
None 404 04th April 2011 - 06:13:54 78,847
404 Ego404 12th July 2011 - 18:17:46 925,881
Ego404 None 21st March 2012 - 14:22:15 1,807,427
None Ego404 27th March 2012 - 09:23:07 1,817,750
lol anybody remember when bayou kicked me from 404 for a week cuz i was acting like a little batch? lmao i wish I still had the PM conversation...

DeletedUser173

Obviously mine would have to be declaring war on MagicX personally and have them not make any progress until I went inactive... Although other than that, I enjoyed startup stage alongside everyone else I now know :D

DeletedUser

It's interesting but Ed and I had a different slant on the co-player thing, I played the game whilst he diplomed. He would need to say where and when we jumped tribe, I just concentrated on wiping out opponents, picking on the weaker or later on the incompetent if larger players, as well as helping tribe mates whenever possible, we coodinated and ensured that the path was clear but he was a lot closer to . I didn't really start playing actively until the last year and our climb up the leader board reflects the knowledge gained and the results of efficient farming. The fact we achieved fastest growth I thought impressive. Being on the RIM helps I think, at the beginning of the game the centre is congested with good players, whereas the RIM had a larger proportion of noob's.

We started in Koala - as Duke I recall, merged into Smash, Moved to ~AD~by mistake for a very brief time ( but read the forums) before flipping to Sie AQ before 2 days later finding our final home in Ego404.

DeletedUser

Oh I didn't realize you were in Smash first... idk that's way back when I first joined the world, so don't remember much of it...

Old tribe New tribe Date/Time Points
None UNIT 26th November 2010 - 23:01:56 111
UNIT None 05th December 2010 - 11:10:27 295
None Smash 11th December 2010 - 17:13:40 585
Smash 404 01st March 2011 - 20:14:34 30,415
404 None 23rd March 2011 - 20:19:36 70,566
None 404 04th April 2011 - 06:13:54 78,847
404 Ego404 12th July 2011 - 18:17:46 925,881
Ego404 None 21st March 2012 - 14:22:15 1,807,427
None Ego404 27th March 2012 - 09:23:07 1,817,750
lol anybody remember when bayou kicked me from 404 for a week cuz i was acting like a little batch? lmao i wish I still had the PM conversation...

The "one" week when u were acting like a little batch?.....I think there were a few more than one.:D

DeletedUser

lol thanks ;) whatever. so I get pissed or upset easily... it keeps things interesting and people on their toes :p

DeletedUser

Next Memory

That U-5 guy confirmed memory #1.

Soon after that, me (as KJ2), and a few others scrambled to pull the tribe back together. From that rag-tag group, Sir Edward, Nowen, davehole, afb52bs, rwhite777 and the KJ2 accounts survived to the end. Sir Edward, davehole, afb52bs, and rwhite777 were played by their original owner to the end.

Anyway, the new LTR was wiser from the ordeal and I asserted myself more as a leader in the new tribe. However, the new Romanian female barons of LTR (God love them they were dedicated and fierce), were over matched in the deplomacy/ strategy department.

Faced with Magicx and Smash, their opinion was to fight to the death rather than to be diplomatic. Well, I and several other LTR members felt that too much time had been invested to be soooo stupid. KJ2 and the original Nowen were the backbone, and several other tribemates assisted in the plot to split off from LTR if the leaders didn't change their direction.

TENT ( The Entourage ) was formed to accomidate these dissenters. Many LTR left to join TENT and LTR's days were numbered. Nowen (the punk) backed out and stayed poop-brown when the shit hit the fan. Let it be known that the account survived under new ownership (LANCELOT1).

DeletedUser

Sdon, the reward is in the journey. You are a better person for having known me, isn't that enough? Aren't you more fulfilled and enriched?:)

DeletedUser

jeez bane, continue the story =P What happened next?How did you happen to change accounts? Who is teh awesomest person ever?!?!? :p

DeletedUser

I've lowered my morals and my annual bonus playing this addictive game. Dragging u down with me was really fun. ...

Ever had your blackberry alarm go off in the middle of sex, telling u to snipe a noble? I started laughing...

DeletedUser

lol, you did drag me down! Go off in the middle of sex, no. Only because since playing this addictive game, my wife has reduced the amount of events from seldom to less than seldom. I'm working on that. :)