Memories long gone

DeletedUser

Once the EGO and 404 merge happened, it was just a matter of how fast we would win the world. I wish Berty would have made it til the end but I guess the crazy Scot had better things to do :D My favorite memory of berty was the time we each had a sat account that we got invited to FWS. Once in the tribe, he pretended to be a Greek who hated Egyptians and I pretended to be an Egyptian who irrationally hated Greeks. We didn't really need or want to spy on FWS we merely wanted to be entertained with their forum scribblings and stage fake fights between two fake kooks on their boards (Trojan Horse got kicked for being too rude to the greek berty :D). The funniest post was that FWS leaders thought Berty and Bayou were the same person mutli-accounting, lmao.

The most fun for me back in the old 404 (by which I mean the first 404, Smash, and then the second 404) days was the fighting. We only had one rule as all you ex-404 guys and gals recall :) One of my fondest memories was taking out Cosa Nostra with Banesmasher. I was playing the lllll account under an extended sit and here were two Sie AQ accounts ripe for the picking (we also rimmed the Mike223 account) at a time when Sie was a power in the world, ranked number 1. Bane and I coordinated and kept up a constant stream of attacks, no fakes. Bane did most of the nobling as I was unsure of the future of the lllll account since the owner was not clear whether he was coming back and I didn't want him growing only to barb on us so my contribution was mostly nukes and support. I knew after that op that we had a great crew with good chemistry and a shared appreciation of the fact that this game favors offensive action. Which was the reason for our one rule -- NO BARBS! The best part was laughing st Sie's reaction to our attacks. Did they fight back? No, they booted Cosa Nostra!!

The most fun in EGO404 was the beatdown we put on BoT. Sdon, Dave, YDOROX, Sir Ed, Firehorse and others constantly spamming nukes at those hapless punching bags up in the Northwest, just like all the other ops conducted in EGO404. I guess that one stands out in my mind because they occasionally fought back and their mail left us in stitches; the semi-coherent hatemail in czech-english was priceless. Typical mails were -- "We will never surrender" "You are too arrogant" "I am son of kings" -- not sure what the last one meant but you get the idea.

Kudos to Bane, Davehole, YDORX, Sdon, Chris2218, Dryke, brob, orel, and Matt for conceiving of, and implementing, the Ego! and 404 merge (I apologize if I've left anyone out). The Skype chat where we hashed out the details was just about one year ago; 10 1/2 months to conquer the world -- nice pace :)

Finally, my thanks to old 404 for electing me as your Duke in EGO404.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Matt wasn't around...giving him my credit :(.

Glad to have you though :).

DeletedUser

I knew I would leave someone out, so I apologized in advance, lol.

I do think Matt showed up on one of our chats, but I could be wrong and I suppose he'll show up here at some point and tell us which one of us has a faulty memory :D

DeletedUser

You gave me credit, but you also gave him credit.

He'll come on and claim it anyways, regardless of whether he was involved :p.

DeletedUser

ByU, check out my avatar. It is the logo I started to create for 404 to vote on, but then the merge started etc.

DeletedUser1180

Kudos to Bane, Davehole, YDORX, Sdon, Chris2218, Dryke, brob, orel, and Matt for conceiving of, and implementing, the Ego! and 404 merge (I apologize if I've left anyone out). The Skype chat where we hashed out the details was just about one year ago; 10 1/2 months to conquer the world -- nice pace :)

Finally, my thanks to old 404 for electing me as your Duke in EGO404.

How dare you forget me Bayou!!! O... you already apologized :truelove:

I liked diplomatics and strategics we had. It was weird to find myself on the same level as my co-duke Dryke as diplomatics were concerned. We did not need to talk a lot about it and could step in if the other did not not have time... also very useful that we were on completely different timezones, so ~AD~ always had a duke present. ;)

Strategically nexx02 has been very helpful. He made it seem he had been kicked from our tribe but in fact was always on our side, especially when he was running ~XB~. They were fighting the tribes that were trying to get a foothold in our back yard. Officially we had NAP's but because we could support the XB members we could influence the situation on the rim. :ax:

At one time I even had good contacts with a Russian leader in the north west. That seemed very promising for cooperation but unfortunately RL happened and he had to stop playing. In the end that corner of the world was were Raven was in the last weeks of its existence. :smack:

Also I am very amazed on what certain players are willing to do for a game. Accounts are hacked and set to delete (Hunwarrior93 1 day before he would have been away for a week!) or they try to make people angry, give them their phonenumber so they can keep on raging - tape that and sue them. Orcrist was close to walking into that trap but luckily he was talking about it in our skype chat so we could calm him down. I know before him other players had fallen into that trap. :eek:

That skype chat has proven to be very useful indeed. When we were merging into SieAQ we kept our own chat. And soon people started complaining.... (yes Brob knew what he was doing...) It did not take long to get Kenny from Chris2218 in the chat too and decide to make a new tribe: Ego! We had the new tribe up and running operations again in less than a week. I even hadn't had the chanche to end ~AD~ yet and only had seen SieAQ on the inside because of a account sit I had! :cool:

And as most outsiders may not know it: I ran the Ridick4 account. It did not say 'female' until the last months in the game. Some players were very amazed to find after some time that I was not one of the boys but one of the rare woman in the game :p

DeletedUser

Thankfully I knew you from fairly early on, and that alone has been a great help :).

DeletedUser

The best part of the BoT "war" was nobling one village, stacking it with bonfire and watching 100 plus nukes run into it.

DeletedUser

jeez bane, continue the story =P What happened next?How did you happen to change accounts? Who is teh awesomest person ever?!?!? :p

lol.

Ok, I'll continue. But to answer your question, of course I am the awesomest person player ever?!?!? :p

Behind, chris, Click, Long, ByU, Sdon,... etc.

DeletedUser

So we move on to the 3rd most memorable event, a short one.

The female leaders of LTR were so pissed at me for causing LTR to fracture, they vowed to wipe me off the map. They launched everything they had on me. They stayed up to wee hours to continue attacks and N trains. The seige lasted about two weeks and they got nowhere. I dodged and stacked and sniped the hell out of them. They eventually realized thay had nothing on me and gave up. These were the days KJ2 became a TW master! My turning point.

DeletedUser

Hmmm...so many memories!

In retrospect I loved the whole Sie AQ war. Those were dicey times for us; at the time we had (on paper) a huge list of enemies...and yet I felt pretty confident about our chances because with the exception of only a very short list of people such as Kenny & Co, Muuh (when he was still awake), and maybe Kategikos I had very little respect for the fighting ability of most of the people we faced. We also had strong allies and friends (SS, 404) and I really felt we had the best people and were able to weather the storm.

I also loved the whole diplomacy angle. We went through quite a few mergers and deals, and there were a few times I was able to pull off a few good moves for our tribe. Then there was the whole Sie AQ thing; while in retrospect I was kept in the dark about the real goals some of the more influential members of our tribe had, it ended up being the beginning of the end for everyone else in the world...getting Sie AQ to agree to that merge and end the war, even if it ended up being a doomed merge, was the crack that ended up shattering the whole BJ/MagicX/SieAQ/SD alliance once and for all. By the end of that MagicX was gone and SieAQ was at war with BJ, while Ego was reborn and resurgent. Again, not all my doing, but I had a hand in some of that :)

Memories, memories...when you win the game, we're all bound to have quite a few good ones :)

:)))

DeletedUser

The 4th most memorable moment: Deplomacy with a pimply faced teenager.

We all know survival in TW is about the numbers... or is it. I knew I could teach my TENT members how to be better builders, recruiters, snipers, etc. What I couldn't do was protect them with tribal stacks and defensive postures. So, my agenda was to get as many of my members as I could to become self sustaining. Ask davehole. I gave them the tools to succeed and as much advice as I could, but the rest was up to them to pull it together as an individual fighter/ negotiator.

In the meantime, I was bending ears with Banesmasher (Leo the original - SMASH) and TheSmashNasty (Matt the original - SMASH) trying to get a TENT merge/ NAP with SMASH. Matt wanted no part of that. But I was buying time and time changes everything.

Banesmasher continued to attack me. In time he realized that I was not a pushover. I'll never know how much information he shared with Matt about me, but in January 2011, Leo started talking to me about wanting to leave SMASH. He didn't like Matt too much. Arrogance, etc. He suggested that we co-play the Banesmasher account and let the KJ2 account delete. At the same time, I had Matt agreeing to take KJ2 and a couple other top TENT players into SMASH. What a fun quagmire!

On Febuary 14th 2011 Leo and I decided to switch accounts. I became Bane, Leo became KJ2. The new KJ2 messed with everyone and pissed a bunch of people off. The new Bane layed into Cosa Nostra with tribemate and new friend, bayoubengals. For the first time ever I was able to implement an offensive strategy. It felt good. Working closer with Leo, the daunting Pistolero, I realized that he was not all that, at all. I knew I was better than him and also knew that I couldn't co-play an account with him. I started making plans to switch back. But by late February I noticed that Leo wasn't loging into KJ2 often, then by March not at all. Leo was gone!

DeletedUser

I never got pimples, by the way.

Also Leo was much better than you in about every aspect. It took you 6 months to send a train properly, while it took him about 2. On top of that his growth, ability to time, and various other things were far beyond your level of play.

DeletedUser188

The best part of the BoT "war" was nobling one village, stacking it with bonfire and watching 100 plus nukes run into it.

i did that with my legendary village number 93!!!!
i even got axe nukes with 20k axes :)

lol.

Ok, I'll continue. But to answer your question, of course I am the awesomest person player ever?!?!? :p

Behind, chris, Click, Long, ByU, Sdon,... etc.

yeah i'm the awesomenest and of course craziest(for bo57 ;))