Mentor Abuse

Stiglette

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that some Mentors are using their apprentices to gain access to buildings and to get troop counts from them. To be up front, this is not cool and totally spineless behavior. If you are a mentor you have a responsibility to help and encourage your apprentice to do their best. You are NOT there to see what they have and then have your tribe mates attack them. This is a douche move. You have accepted this position with the intent of HELPING players, not take them out. If you are a Mentor and you abuse this position, then there will be consequences for your actions. It may be other tribes ganging up on you, it may be in the form of tickets sent for obvious reasons. Please remember that this is supposed to be helpful, not deceitful and degrading! Please consider your actions carefully, because they will come back to haunt you. Remember why you have this option and don't neglect it.
Thanks
Steffy
Lemon Stiglette

DeletedUser7983

I have to agree. What would be the case if the player is inactive (no growth or log in for like 4-5 days) would it be acceptable to have a tribe member attack said player? What’s ethical and unethical in terms of an inactive player? Also I fully believe that if you sign up to be a mentor you job is to help and teach. It’s a stressful and thankless job sometimes but that’s why it’s optional. Thank you Lemon for bringing this up.

MNWT

Reaction score
What’s ethical and unethical in terms of an inactive player?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. If they haven't barbed out, you owe a duty to them not to create a situation that would harm them. People go for days at a time sometimes before coming back. Not everyone is super active. If your apprentice is currently inactive, encouraging anyone to attack them is a violation of your mentorship position and unethical.

Reaction score
I have found that it's best to encourage your apprentice to build up their village, then have your tribemates take said village.
It's the only way they'll learn.

DeletedUser6081

I have found that it's best to encourage your apprentice to build up their village, then have your tribemates take said village.
It's the only way they'll learn.

Nah, this is wrong. As a mentor you should be teaching players how to play, not how to build their villa so others can noble.

The only thing people like you encourage new players to do is quit.