Mirrored map duel tournament.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date

Deleted User - 419875

Hi everyone!

We invite you to take part in a new speed tournament - a 1v1 tournament, where players will be placed in a mirrored map at the beginning of the round to make it the most fair duel possible.

How does this work?

Format / How the tournament works

First of all, you register for the tournament by messaging me, IN DISCORD (you'll find my contact below and the group invitelink) (the reason for this is clear - I have to be able to contact people and this is probably the best way), with the time interval you're most available to play at (for example, 21-23) and with your in game name here, on the italian server.

You can check all of the names of the players registered until now by clicking here - THESE ARE NOT THE FINAL BRACKETS, the games will still be shuffled before the tournament begins when the registrations close (9 OCTOBER IS THE DEADLINE).
The tournament is, well, as you can see, composed by a brackets format and you have a 2nd chance if you lose the first match (loser bracket). The format is very easy to understand by going to the website.

Registrations do indeed close on the 9th of October, which means there will be an opening round on the 10th where premium items will be given on the inventory so that you can play the matches with the premium features even if you don't have premium.
With all of this, the matches should begin happening on the 12-13th of October.

Before a match:

A channel is created on the 1v1 category on the discord server, if you are not yet in this server or you don't have much experience with discord you can check this topic, it basically contains a tutorial on discord and on how all of that works.

That channel will be private to the two players who are playing the match and to me. The objective of that chat is to find a common time players can play at - ideally, we'd run multiple 1v1's at once, so as an admin my work will be to find matches that can happen at the same time, so the tournament doesn't drag on forever.
Ideally, the matches should be played all between 18 and 00, every day.

Once that is found, the round is scheduled.
The round will (obviously) be password-protected, and so you'll join, the round will open 5 minutes before scheduled (for example, if the round is supposed to happen between 21-23, the round will begin at 20:55) and so you need to join the round within 3 minutes (until 20:58) or else you automatically lose (I need to "manually" reshape the map, if people aren't there in time everything is made so much harder so please, be there in time...), also at first the world speed is set to 1 so that you cannot recruit troops at all and no one gets ahead of anyone. You can use this time to set up your fast access bar, set up all the correct settings you want to (for example, hiding the achievements), set up your rally point models, etc.
Then, at 21:00 the match would begin - the mirrored map has been set already at this point and so I will click a button and the world speed will go from 1 to 380, and the match begins.

During the match there are some specific rules that you have to follow due to how this works - Multiple 1v1's will be happening at once and YOU CANNOT INTERACT WITH THE OTHER DUELS.
This includes the following actions:
- You can't accept market trades from players other than your opponent
- You can't attack players other than your opponent

Not even as a joke, this is very serious - its a 1v1, if anyone does this intentionally you will be banned and disqualified. Please don't ruin the game for others.
The matches will have a duration of 1h30.
The settings -> Duck round settings (obviously 1 player per tribe), but with 23 barbarians per player and the mirrored map will look like this in game :
1664662025896.png

The unit travel times are as follows:
1664724001578.png

In the end, one of the players from every duel will have more points than the other one, and that player will be crowned the winner, and the bracket will go on until we have final standings and the winner is determined.

One thing that will surely come to your mind, no, we cannot remove luck from the game, which is very sad. That is the one luck-based (literally) factor that you'll still have to deal with in this tournament, its just what it is, we can't do anything about it sadly.

I genuinely think this will be very fun, so lets go guys, come prove your worth, come try out the mirrored map, come learn more about speeds and the game and I'm sure everyone will have fun. You obviously don't need to be the best player ever to participate, registrations are free, there is absolutely nothing to lose. So lets go guys, lets do this!

More bureaucracy things (and info about prizes :cool:) can be found below
Rules

• The tournament will be conducted in the International Speed Discord Server - you can join it by clicking here (more information about and discord in general above)
  • You can also join the Tribals Discord Server. To join it, you can click here.
  • When the matches are defined, a private chat will be open with the two players. In that chat the players will decide on a time for their round to be played on, and they have a limit of 3 days to do so. If they fail do to this within 3 days, a round will be scheduled at a default time (probably from 20:30 to 23:00 or something similar), because we don't want the tournament to go on forever. (you need to plan the round in 3 days, but it doesn't mean you need to play the round within those 3 days, you can schedule a round for 5 days after, for example).
  • Premium functions will be gifted for this special occasion, so you don't have to worry about having premium or not. More information about the opening round can be found above.
  • The rounds will follow this model of settings (if you are already used to the competitive side of speeds, its an adaptation of the 2020 10v10 settings for a reduced amount of players in the round)
  • Spoiler: Settings
  • The only allowed scripts are the ones authorized on .net and on .it. If you use illegal tools you will be banned and excluded from the tournament, so please, play legally, there is no reason not to.
  • The matches can be streamed in the discord server, and we encourage you to do so because it shows people how the tournament works and can make it so players gain even more interest for speeds (its not mandatory, though).

Prizes

At the end of the tournament, these are the prizes players will receive

1st place - 300PP + 4x PA 3 days
2nd place - 150PP + 3x PA 3 days
3rd place - 50PP + 3 PA days

We wait for your registration!
Il Team di Tribals

Discord contact : Duck#8180
Here is the link to the forum announcement