New No Haul's World

DeletedUser

As the title says when is the New No Haul's World coming out ?

For .Us and .net

DeletedUser

We cannot answer for any type of world or release date on .net. But I can say that there are no plans to release a no hauls world here anytime soon. I put out a poll asking players about settings and 95% of them voted against a no hauls world. Its not even on my consideration list anymore.

DeletedUser1446

Rumor: No Hauls in 2 months
Fact: No Hauls is not in this server consideration list

DeletedUser

We cannot answer for any type of world or release date on .net. But I can say that there are no plans to release a no hauls world here anytime soon. I put out a poll asking players about settings and 95% of them voted against a no hauls world. Its not even on my consideration list anymore.

Could you manage .net? They keep putting out awful settings.

Though p2w here is a little annoying.

DeletedUser

They don't allow anyone to be CM of more than one server. jesse is currently one of the only exceptions I'm aware of, as he is also CM of Grepolis.US.

P2W is also implemented every other world of .net now, but they have a different market (or at least, that's what they feel, or they wouldn't put the settings out as they do).

DeletedUser

P2W is pay to win. It's a feature that means that rank 1 on us11 hasn't needed to farm :p

They don't allow anyone to be CM of more than one server. jesse is currently one of the only exceptions I'm aware of, as he is also CM of Grepolis.US.

P2W is also implemented every other world of .net now, but they have a different market (or at least, that's what they feel, or they wouldn't put the settings out as they do).

Well, I would disagree with their statement of .NET having a different market. I mean there is the fact that .net have a lot of older players, and their players are more global than .us, but ultimately almost everyone on both servers would vote against the P2W features.

They may as well just implement it on all worlds on .net and watch the number of people joining new world's decline significantly. I bet if they didn't have p2w features on us, a lot of the net players would change over.

DeletedUser3214

Well they need to generate income somehow, and premium points is the only way to do it. I don't have an issue with them getting money, because i'd rather they get it from market trading and +20% resource -20% buildings than we not have a .us server right? I am unsure if this game is gaining a large amount of new players more than the amount of players leaving for various reasons

DeletedUser

In the last 6 months this server has more than doubled in size. This could not happen without great players who refer their friends, so for that I am grateful. Our Facebook page and our mobile app have been a huge source of growth. I also try to listen and implement player requests as often as feasible (not always so).

We aren't even close to where I would like to be, but we will get there.

DeletedUser1446

Jesse maybe do a Television Show about TW... Maybe you in your panties dancing with a spear (in your hand) and making funny faces...Think about it will you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3214

How have we grown 2x the size? W11 has a 2x2 grid, and W1 was a lot larger (don't know the grid off the top of my head) ...also w6 the oldest running world goes from k30 to k70 I believe

DeletedUser

Allow me to clarify, from 6 months ago to today, our player count has more than doubled. World 1 no longer exists and those players (mostly) are no longer here. So from Feb 1st (the day I took over as CoMa) the total player count has changed from just under 6000 active players to 14,882 as of last night. (TWstats shows total server active player counts for those interested.)

DeletedUser

He said in the past 6 months. He is looking at the server under his reign, as opposed to how it started or how it was the time before, to show how recently things have picked up :).

Also, a grid is not a real way to see server growth. Different worlds have different settings as far as how spaced out villages should be, how many players start in the core, etc.

The world released before jesse became CM ~6 months ago was World 8. Said world has 8 more barb/bonus villages per 100 players generated, meaning if you compare World 8 to 11 you'll find that if both had 5,000 players, World 8 had 400 more villages than World 11 right off the bat. Couple that with World 8 having 600 less villages in the core, and W11 being so new in terms of worlds (World 8 has been open for 8+ months, and people still join/restart to the rim despite it dropping overall in player count now) and you'll understand why W11 is still small.

A better measure of server size is to look at player counts. 6 months ago, we had less than 6,000 players overall, as was seen on twstats back then. Today, we have 14,900. While the number fluctuates, the more people refer friends and share the game, the more it will grow.

DeletedUser1048

Growth is good and everyone here welcomes it but I've noticed some things that have frustrated me in regards to player activity. World 11, the world with each setting being what the largest group of players wanted, has at best 2000 active players. If you look at the world settings there are close to 6000 players but there are only 2000 paladins. No active player is going to be without their paladin so you can assume the other 4000 aren't active. My point is that just counting how many players a server or a world has, doesn't really mean anything. What makes Innogames money, is active players. You can't tell who's active and who's not simply by looking at player counts. My greatest frustration in TW is that Innogames is engineering the game seemingly to increase that single statistic. They should be looking at player demographics and activity. The kind of people who can afford to spend money on premium are usually going to be older people who have jobs. You see so many coplayed accounts with 2 or 3 or 6 players on them because people don't have time to send 1000 farming runs a day on their own. Limited farming and no farming worlds allow players to play a world that the otherwise wouldn't have had time to. Anyways, I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant. In short player counts don't matter that much imo

DeletedUser

More players means more ability to have active players. If you add 10 players to the server, you don't assume every single one is going to be inactive. That depends greatly on their skill, how persistent they are at learning if they have none, etc. You can't go for adding "active" players because you don't know which players will be active. You go for adding players, because you know a set proportion, statistically, are likely to be active.