Nickjer's Auto-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

I think he is thinking that Chaos F is a branch :rolleyes:

The penny will drop soon enough

DeletedUser

I think he is thinking that Chaos F is a branch :rolleyes:

The penny will drop soon enough

Meh, i've seen more families on a .net world with a member limit of like 60 before. Was kind of funny actually to see. If they keep adding families then i'll keep adding them to the maps, but it doesn't necessarily make them any better or worse for it.

DeletedUser

To clarify, only one tribe can win this world.

However it can be done with a family in a way. That situation would be to stay as a family til near the end, then merge down into one tribe with just the best players, and noble the rest out or something. I've done that on a hp world one time.

DeletedUser3744

However it can be done with a family in a way. That situation would be to stay as a family til near the end, then merge down into one tribe with just the best players, and noble the rest out or something. I've done that on a hp world one time.

I'm sure the players who got eaten would object, but then again by end game most tribes' problems are inactivity and finding players for accounts (at least in my experience) so that could work.

DeletedUser

Not necessarily. It's usually three tribes condensed into one - players either quit along the way (bear that in mind), others may be lost in war and some merge accounts. It can work out. That's been the case with the recent worlds on .net. Too many hugging tribes are ending the worlds too quickly like this. :L

DeletedUser

Not necessarily. It's usually three tribes condensed into one - players either quit along the way (bear that in mind), others may be lost in war and some merge accounts. It can work out. That's been the case with the recent worlds on .net. Too many hugging tribes are ending the worlds too quickly like this. :L

Ending a world quickly isn't too bad of a thing...I just hate when a world is inactive due to everyone being bored of it, and no one is left playing. And hugging only occurs on some worlds. On W53 .net Drama! had 1 merge I believe, but didn't have much other hugging other than that as far as alliances/nap's go. And they finished that world quite quickly.

DeletedUser4021

Yes, the Family method is criticized on many TW servers (escpecially .net) but I've come to learn that as long as there is no more than 3, and everyone is active, player tribes work fine.

DeletedUser4021

Is anyone going to start having a discussion on the current tribe's power? The US9 journal is currently dormant so I feel like one discussion could be created here.

DeletedUser

Yes, the Family method is criticized on many TW servers (escpecially .net) but I've come to learn that as long as there is no more than 3, and everyone is active, player tribes work fine.

My main issue with it is that only 1 tribe can win the world so the players in the "family tribes" are either going to be backstabbed, or "surprise internalled" especially in this world considering there is a 100% dominance win condition. Also there is no work or skill involved in recruiting every player in the world and internalling them, where as if you are 1 tribe from the start until the end you gain a sense of achievement from that.

DeletedUser4021

well as far as being internalled, when a player goes inactive, you can always take up another member from your other family tribe to fill up the space. this is especially helpful in the "endgame" when players start quitting.

DeletedUser

just checking back in here...updating families. Just going to check though are the other families still families or not?

DeletedUser

just checking back in here...updating families. Just going to check though are the other families still families or not?

BOC and BOA are no longer on this world, and just fyi for everyone i switched top 15 noblers to 3 days rather than 7. Early on 7 works as there isn't much nobling but at this point the nobling is picking up enough to switch it down to 3 days.