No hauls discussion thread.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 419875

Discuss the possibility of a no hauls world here please...

Deleted User - 419875

Thanks Sweeney for the reminder, Here is the discussion thread.

DeletedUser

I think it would be a good idea. Even if its largely unpopular and you only do it once every 5 worlds. It benefits newer players and even older players will join because it doesn't take much time. So they can play a past world and the no haul world at the same time.

DeletedUser

No Haul world = sucky world. Is my thoughts.

You probably have never played them or simply go with the "popular" vote.

Even some of the best .net players love no hauls for a couple simple reasons...

1) Evens out the talent level, making worlds more interesting. God knows we could use that here on the US server :p

2) You get ride of the most time consuming part of Tribalwars with out taking away the fun parts of the game.

Really the only fun part about haul worlds is early world planning to stunt everyones growth during start while growing yourself. Which is taken away in no hauls because no one is farming so no spikes will be needed.

I personally think if everyone who is saying no to no-hauls tries a no-haul world one time they would be happy with the out come.

Deleted User - 419875

There are pros and cons to every world settings, we must try and accommodate every type of player. Not every world is a perfect setting for "you" (by saying you, I mean universal you, the player) but it may be for another type of player. How boring would it be if we only had 1 type of world with the same settings?

Please keep that in mind when voting, that although you do not like it others might and everyone should have a chance to play in their favored type of world even if it is not yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Indeed there are a lot of positives and negatives to no-hauls as Jimmy (The Art of War) has pointed out.

I do believe it is something the US server should try out. It is very effective at giving new players a good chance to enjoy the game and get into it - without having to spend hours a day farming to keep up. In my opinion, no hauls will bring in some much needed new players to this server.

However I don't think PP features and no hauls go well together, at all. Anyone can see that. So if a no hauls world is made I strongly suggest deactivating the PP features for it.

DeletedUser

You probably have never played them or simply go with the "popular" vote.

Even some of the best .net players love no hauls for a couple simple reasons...

1) Evens out the talent level, making worlds more interesting. God knows we could use that here on the US server :p

2) You get ride of the most time consuming part of Tribalwars with out taking away the fun parts of the game.

Really the only fun part about haul worlds is early world planning to stunt everyones growth during start while growing yourself. Which is taken away in no hauls because no one is farming so no spikes will be needed.

I personally think if everyone who is saying no to no-hauls tries a no-haul world one time they would be happy with the out come.

Nope just don't like em', makes the world less competitive.

DeletedUser

Never heard this before, can you explain why you feel this way? Because I think the exact opposite haha.

Requires less skill to play, those who may be good farming and those who may suck at farming are now at an even playing field, being good a strategic at farming early game is part of what makes a good player. By having no hauls you are essentially taking away their skill and in exchange giving them nothing.
For example if i joined a world right next to someone chances are they'd outgrow me due to their superior farming, and rightly so, he has a skill set I have yet to learn - being good at farming. If it were a no haul world we would be growing at around the same rate due to the only thing separating us which is activity and knowing what to build.

DeletedUser

Requires less skill to play, those who may be good farming and those who may suck at farming are now at an even playing field, being good a strategic at farming early game is part of what makes a good player. By having no hauls you are essentially taking away their skill and in exchange giving them nothing.

That is the essential definition of making it more competitive and you said it makes it less competitive. It makes it more competitive because it evens the playing field. You can have a master farmer of 5 years experience get taken out by a player who just started playing. That is the point, the setting is to target newer players to give them a better chance to fully enjoy the game just like we. Even if they can't farm like we do.

As for taking less strategy. I personally thinks it takes the same amount of strategy. Instead of planning out who to farm/clear and spike early world you have to worry about what levels to rush mines to, when to start building troops so you can have a nice nuke to clear the players around you when you get nobles.

It takes the same amount of thought and strategy, just takes less time to play as you don't have to farm all day to be a top player.

DeletedUser

That is the essential definition of making it more competitive and you said it makes it less competitive. It makes it more competitive because it evens the playing field. You can have a master farmer of 5 years experience get taken out by a player who just started playing. That is the point, the setting is to target newer players to give them a better chance to fully enjoy the game just like we. Even if they can't farm like we do.

As for taking less strategy. I personally thinks it takes the same amount of strategy. Instead of planning out who to farm/clear and spike early world you have to worry about what levels to rush mines to, when to start building troops so you can have a nice nuke to clear the players around you when you get nobles.

It takes the same amount of thought and strategy, just takes less time to play as you don't have to farm all day to be a top player.

Perhaps my use of the word competitive was misplaced. But thats my take on no haul worlds anyway, which why I don't like em'.

Deleted User - 419875

Let's not forget to use the poll and vote....Make sure you ask your tribemates if they have voted and then get them to vote also...Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.