"Nuke"

DeletedUser

Hey, can a couple of people give me an idea of what a nuke is to them? both offensive and defensive nukes...

just trying to get the idea of how many troops they should have.

I am guessing 7K axe, 4K LC, maybe 1000 rams? Is this close?

DeletedUser

That Can't :eek:

6500 Axe
5 scouts
2500 LC
500 BB
300 ram
25 kata

DeletedUser

Mash,

There is no village large enough to accommodate a nuke of those proportions. Offensive nukes come in all shapes and sizes. All have various strengths and weaknesses and there is no one nuke build that is best since there is always a counter defensive build for it. The best option is to use the simulator to find a build that fits the typical village defensive builds you encounter.

That being said, I typically use a nuke of 6500 axes, 2750 LC, 250 MA, 250 Rams, and 100 cats. (Yes I know, I am cat heavy, but I love to cat down my opponents) Not all of my nukes are built this way, and you will hear a 1000 opinions on what is best and why my build isnt. lol

For defensive villages, that too varies dependent on what you want to accomplish. Some love faster village builds, some love more fortification. The most typical build I see on church worlds has been 5000 spears, 5000 swords, 5000 archers and 1000 heavy calvary. That may be a little high on the archer side and may take longer to build. Again, play with the simulator, you will find what works best for you.

Also, do not downplay the importance of having a few villages built with all of one troop. For example, in a bonus workshop, having a 100% catapult village that you can send with a paladin for defense can kill a ton of nukes. All HC villages can create faster support that can be sent. Some people build a few nukes with heavy rams to bash walls. Others build nukes with no axes at all, which can be effective against some defensive builds. That is what makes this game fun, so many choices and strategies!

DeletedUser

Yeah, that is off by quite a bit. Shoot whoever told you that was a nuke.

A nuke build is purely by preference, me personally, this is what I use.

5-7k axe (5.5 and 6.25k the most frequently)
2.5-3.5k LC (Depends on area, if farming is more efficient, how clustered it is, yada yada)
230-280 rams (with an occasional nuke with 400-600 rams for wall bashing purposes)

Then on archer worlds, such as world 1 I throw in a minimum of 300 MA, up to 1k depending on how often I run into archers. So far they have not been frequently used, so I generally do 300-500.

A nuke build is purely up to preference though.

DeletedUser

2.5-3.5k LC (Depends on area, if farming is more efficient, how clustered it is, yada yada)
230-280 rams (with an occasional nuke with 400-600 rams for wall bashing purposes)

Axe more for better power.
LC can be around that area, rams can be up to 300. :D
MA can be around 500, at most, but with big archer D, then more!

DeletedUser

Well, there are many types of "nukes"! Everyone have their own strategie :)

DeletedUser

I just use 7000/3000/300 nukes. Always did and I always will do. It's just quick to make and it doesn't make any diference. If your tactic and skills are good, your nuke is such an unimportant thing! Just make your farm 24000/24000, the rest doesn't matter.

DeletedUser

I just use 7000/3000/300 nukes. Always did and I always will do. It's just quick to make and it doesn't make any diference. If your tactic and skills are good, your nuke is such an unimportant thing! Just make your farm 24000/24000, the rest doesn't matter.

Respectfully, I disagree. A terrible nuke can impede your growth significantly. In the early stages of a world activity is key. The more active you are and the more aggressive you are, the better. But in the later stages of a world, the difference between it taking 5 nukes to clear a village and 7 nukes is significant. Your nuke is by no means a terrible nuke, it is widely effective against a number of defensive builds and fast to replace. And I do agree that tactics and skills are very important, but if you have equal players, the nuke build can make a huge difference.

DeletedUser

Respectfully, I disagree. A terrible nuke can impede your growth significantly. In the early stages of a world activity is key. The more active you are and the more aggressive you are, the better. But in the later stages of a world, the difference between it taking 5 nukes to clear a village and 7 nukes is significant. Your nuke is by no means a terrible nuke, it is widely effective against a number of defensive builds and fast to replace. And I do agree that tactics and skills are very important, but if you have equal players, the nuke build can make a huge difference.

I understand what you're saying, but just to make clear my meaning, I used the simulator:

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 3000 0 0 300 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 3000 0 0 300 0 0 0

Defender Units: 10000 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 5531 5531 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

or

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 2500 500 0 300 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2500 500 0 300 0 0 0

Defender Units: 10000 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 5468 5468 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Looks like my clear is doing better against traditional 10k/10k defences.

Just use another type of defence, like ehhmmm 6000/8000/6000 (with archers).

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 3000 0 0 300 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 3000 0 0 300 0 0 0

Defender Units: 6000 8000 0 6000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2848 3798 0 2848 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

or

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 2500 500 0 300 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2500 500 0 300 0 0 0

Defender Units: 6000 8000 0 6000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2973 3964 0 2973 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I have to agree that against a archer defence, a archer offence is little better. But what about the costs? Mounted Archers costs 250 + 100 + 150 = 500 rescourses. Light Cavalry costs 125 + 100 + 250 = 475. It's much cheaper to make some extra light cavalry instead of making some mounted archers, but both do have their own specialty. Against some players a non-archer nuke is better, against others you'd rather have an archer nuke, so my choice is chose the cheap and quick build way, and to be honest, when I do have few million points, I don't care about how many clears I lose, 5 or 7. :')

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for suggestions, but what does franky mean by "BB"... ??? what unit is that?

DeletedUser

You said:

jesse said:

And you responded with an analysis of an MA nuke vs. your nuke.

Am I the only one not seeing the correlation between what jesse said and what you just posted as a response?

I agree, a terrible nuke can impede growth significantly. Some players choose to build nukes with 11k axes, 300 rams, and the rest LC. While this is powerful, the amount of time it takes on slow worlds such as W1 makes it inefficient and makes the player a lot worse when compared to others around him/her. Nuke builds do matter.

DeletedUser

I also said your nuke isnt a terrible nuke and will be widely effective. The OP wanted to know what a good nuke is and isnt.

But as an aside, most traditional defensive builds include HC.

DeletedUser173

I lol'd at the simulator things up there, especially since they're all BS :p

I'll plug in the numbers FOR you so you don't mess something up...

Sim1n.png

Sim2n.png

Sim1a.png

Sim2a.png

DeletedUser

There are some posts here in which I disagree with. To find a nuke to fit you build use - it is approved:

http://fluffy88.com/farmspace-calculator.html

Yeah, that is off by quite a bit. Shoot whoever told you that was a nuke.

A nuke build is purely by preference, me personally, this is what I use.

Then on archer worlds, such as world 1 I throw in a minimum of 300 MA, up to 1k depending on how often I run into archers. So far they have not been frequently used, so I generally do 300-500.

A nuke build is purely up to preference though.

I agree with the fact that a nuke build is up to preference - however, with top players they fall within a band. Having been top 30 on en41 and #1 on en50 (for 3 weeks) I can safely say that nobody with any decent knowledge of the game used a 5.5K axe nuke. That's actually pretty useless and generally stupid. Now I hate archer worlds so that may bare an impact on the number of axes but I would say any decent player has a minimum of 6K axes. The same can be said about 2.5K lc - any sp/hcav defence will make mincemeat of that - totally axe heavy. Rams and cats are the only unit with any real variation between players. Some people use 200/100 other 300/20 some 320/0. There is complete personal preference involved here - myself within a standard nuke I go for 300 - 320 rams and 10-20 cats. It does the damage necessary and when I'm hitting stacks (as per usual) they can remove the wall quickly, thus increasing efficiency of the nuke itself.

My nuke on a non-archer world:

Well balanced and guarantee to slice any defences in half. The most common nuke used by most players:

If your looking for advice about a nuke the best I can give you is try different ones out. You can only find you own nuke by your own personal style of play. Take a look at this post:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=4981672&highlight=welsh+celts#post4981672

Welsh Celts was completely trashed by KidaLimbo on W11. KidaLimbo's nuke was made up of 100 cats per nuke - hence destroying welsh celts and giving him 1,025 villages averaging 27 points apiece. That's just one example of why you have to find your own nuke - yes you can argue he was an experienced player but everyone starts somewhere - try different nukes out, use the simulator but most of all don't be afraid to fire them off.

Yes a terrible nuke can impede your growth but what would you class as a terrible nuke? Each nuke to its own has its benefits - lc heavy super farming. Axe heavy good for clearing. Yes they will be weak but once you've lost it you can rebuild it - not as devastating as you make it out to be. Being aggressive has its advantages but it also has its disadvantages. Being partly aggressive rarely works - its either being a monster (Mezonis W12/41 comes to mind) or not as aggressive but silently killing Jmslcks93 (W12/41). Both successful with totally different styles of play. Drawing attention to yourself may not be good - its only benefit is you get a reputation, maybe you would even risk a gang-bang, who knows. Again, its about finding out what works for you. Rarely do you find equal players in equal tribes and if you did both starting from scratch you would want a quicker but slightly less effective nuke - really it all depends on position and is all relevant to the situation.

The ideal nuke is really a pointless discussion.

DeletedUser

The ideal nuke is really a pointless discussion.

Again, its about finding out what works for you.

If you find it to be a pointless discussion, then do not discuss it. I was answering a question (a valid one) from the original poster.

My original post said something very similar, find what works best based on your circumstance.

DeletedUser

I find that funny considering I've been top 10 in.. roughly 8 worlds now? And I have found that a 5.5k axe nuke can be highly effective if you use it properly, especially in the early stages of a world when farming is much more important, so less axes and more LC is ideal.

Honestly, a nuke with no axes is effective if you build it and use it properly, as well as a nuke with no calvary, for you to say that having a nuke with a lower amount of axe is stupid, is just to be ignorant altogether. In an ideal world there is a set amount of axes, lc, rams, etc that you'd want in a nuke, but TW is all about ADAPTATION.

DeletedUser

wow i feel kinda different... i dont do any of them...

i have:
8.5k axe
2.5k-2.8klc
100 MA
200-250 rams
10 scouts
40 cats
(i do have variations of this)

DeletedUser

7k Axes
around 3k Light
around 240 rams