Off Topic Name Suggestions

DeletedUser

I like Rally Point

Off topic is not only self explanatory it is widely used. As a growing community this is a section that can attract people and having a fancy name wont make it any more appealing (and less annoying) than it already is. Most tribes simply call this section "Off Topic", "Off Topica" or "Spam" as thats what it really is. Being honest, a simple and effective name is often more effective than anything else.

Completely agree and was going to say something simular about "The Rally point"

If you re-name it to something that has nothing to do with Off Topic like " Rally Point" you would have to make a whole separate thread to explain that Rally Point = Off topic because new posted on the pnp's will not know what Rally point is and surely would not expect it to be Off topic. Which in the end would make it funner for us who are here right now and will understand it but would become unfair to tho's who are newer to the game/forums. Im sure people transferring over from over servers would be able to figure it out but someone completely new would not be able to.

If you going to change the name i would suggest changing to to something that means the same thing as "Off topic" i cant think of anyting to come to mind but i personally would hate it to be named "Spam" thats just a lame name in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong i love the idea and would like to see this fallow threw i just dont think the names should be way off point like "rally point"

DeletedUser1214

Googly's Lair would work well :cool:

I think naming rights should be given to the person with the most posts. Wait until this week ends and then I'll take my naming rights for it. Thanks.