Pay-to-Play only server

Tonios

Reaction score
Hello Devs,

I was wondering recently if you guys would be amenable to a pay-to-enter server for this game. I recently started playing this game, and I enjoy it a lot! Though, my favorite style of game is that of relatively equal footing to all players, and I feel that Premium Points muddles that a bit. I understand that most games monetize that way nowadays. Just wanted to probe to see the interest other players would have in paying in the beginning and banning Premium Points on a server. Personally, I would pay ~$5-20 to be able to play that way.

I understand if this something that you guys do not want to do. Just thought it would be an interesting way to still support the game while making it a bit more fun for myself and other players like me. Any response is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Tonios

RedAlert

Reaction score
@Tonios ,

This sounds a lot like rent-a-round special "worlds" which some servers do.

I haven't ever rented a round, so wouldn't be able to explain in full how that works but as far as I know, a player pays with PP so he can have a special "world" open only for this player and a small group of players so they can play in kind of a dedicated environment.

Other than that, there are classic worlds, which is the nearest thing to what you suggest. However, Classic worlds don't happen often, well haven't happened on this server often at least. Don't know about other servers.

RedAlert

Reaction score
@RedAlert,

Thank you for your response! Are those third-party servers or are they official? How would I get in contact with them? Is there a way I can host my own server?
Rent a round worlds, yeah they are on official TW servers. I think the NL server does them, iirc. Or did them. But yeah they are official servers of course.

Deleted User - 419875

Thank you Red once again answering some questions., We used to have official Rent a round on a few servers and we have stopped doing them as far as I know but you could check with the NL server if they still do them or have permission from the Devs to do them.
They were a bunch of fun, And well liked by our players.
Thank you Tonios for asking this question, I will bring it up to the Devs again.