ps2guy1's showroom (:

ps2guy1

I'm a photoshop newb but it's fun anyways :D
Enjoy!

I'll update this as I make more. Please give me feedback as I'm really quite new to PS, also if you do have a request for a siggy don't hesitate to ask :)

Last edited by a moderator:

szfz333

I'm joking. Anything I want to tell you, I tell you on skype. :) I see you're having some good progress... I like them.

szfz333

The one thing I'll never get is how can anyone love bevel and emboss..... xD :/

ps2guy1

do you by any chance think the dragon one looks a bit pixelated?
and i dont think i used bevel and emboss :p i do like it though!

szfz333

You could've blurred render a bit, but only thing that is pixelated is your text.
Start working on your text, and on your background.... Don't use drop shadow every time. There are bunch of other ways to make siggy look 3D. Blur/Sharpen is a good example. But, it all depends on taste. ;)

ps2guy1

i tried sharpen but i overdid it and went back. for the background i just did i bunch of random smudging :p

szfz333

I see... Transition/Spread ? You should darken your background a bit, either by burning it, or placing black layer below, and changing opacity of this one.
And change colour of it. Like dark brown... And use some better font. Google it! Write something like: "Dragon Font". :) Trust me, it usually works. You'll find one that will match theme....

ps2guy1

wow i googled it and found a couple thanks!
i have a few other dragon renders saved in a folder i might use soon

and transition/spread?

szfz333

Yeah, I saw them, remember? :p

Try experimenting with smudge tool, you'll see.. :) Open window "Brushes", and when there you'll have a lot of options... (brushes, smudge tool, eraser, everything) Sorry, I call it that... But in PS it's called "Scattering and Transfer"...

szfz333

I don't want to sound insulting, but last signature is AWFUL. No flow, everything is messed up, I guess focal point should be Neo (who is almost invisible due 100000 c4d's placed over him), no light source, no colour balance...

szfz333

You should have 1 idea, and just work it out till perfection. (or till you give your best) And not just make random signatures and place them in your showroom. :/

Googly

In fairness to him, the colour balance works well imo. It isn't "awful", it just could be improved upon :p

Oh, and I will sort out premium this week. Bank's put a block on my card for some reason :|

ps2guy1

to be fair the neo one was awful :p i actually changed renders halfway through

szfz333

xD I know. And you know that I just wanna help you, and not insult in any way. <3