Rally Point script idea

DeletedUser

I'm wondering if a script that does the following would be approved so that I don't waste the time creating it if it isn't.

In effect, what I want to do is create a script that is run from the Rally Point screen with a target village set. What I want it to do is search a database that I create on my local machine for the specified target village, and pull a custom troop set for that village, and if it doesn't find that village use some default value. These are my thoughts when comparing this to the rules listed on tribalwars.net/rules.php:

- It is not a greasemonkey script (run from quickbar)
- It is automatically filling in a form, which is explicitly allowed
- I don't think it performs more than one action per click, unless action is defined as filling in a single box in a form, which would make the prior item somewhat useless
- Does not send an attack, just fills in numbers
- Does not interact with the Farm Assistant (which I don't even know what that is, unless it's actually called "Loot Assistant")
- Does not mimic features of premium accounts

I'm expecting that this would be ok, except for the fact that I haven't seen anything even close to resembling the functionality I'm proposing listed in any of the "Approved Scripts" lists, and I would be highly surprised if I'm the first person with this idea.

If you think this would be approved, I'll go ahead and draft it up and submit it for approval.

ETA: When I say "database that I create on my local machine" I really mean "tab-delimited text file", to avoid any confusion as to what that might be.

DeletedUser

If it just fills in forms then it doesn't need special approval. Although you're certainly welcome to share it :)

DeletedUser

I most certainly will :)

Though, I can't vouch that it'll look particularly great, I'm in the process of learning Javascript, and this'll be my second legitimate project. But I'll definitely share what I end up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just saw this in the "Forum Rules" thread:

OFLOW said:
  • Any setting of configuration must be done via a user interface provided by the script, such as a pop-up or add-on to the page. This configuration can be saved to each player's own computer using browser localStorage.

Does this mean that all configuration must be explicitly done via UI provided by the script, where the user would have to literally input all troop information per village as text in a popup or added box on the page? I'm currently testing a version that prompts the user to select a local file with fileReader(), which contains all the configuration data. If this goes against the rules, I suppose that I could make the user paste the configuration data into a box instead, but that seems clunky.

DeletedUser

Ah, ok. I stumbled upon that thread during a search, and it looked official enough for me to think it was rules that superseded the Script section rules, since it was in the forum-wide "Announcements" section.

I'll go ahead and assume that I'm good, then. Sorry about that.

DeletedUser

So, I'm just getting around to working on this. I'm actually planning something a lot more complex, and I'm not entirely sure that I want it in the public domain. Is there a procedure for getting permission to test a script without posting publicly?