Re: Is bullsh.. a swear word?

DeletedUser1093

The other thread was locked because you cannot discuss current cases in public, but the question was legit.

.net Forum Manager said:
For example, some people consider "shit" swearing, but we allow the use of it as long as it's not directed at a person.

The "f" word is however completely outlawed from use, no matter of context, and that applies on abbreviations too. This case being an exception.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=4777159&postcount=2

Are the rules different here? If so we should be told that, not told to contact the CM.

DeletedUser

It was clarified in private by the CM here that the second half of the word is considered a swear-word.

You can presumably use "bull" if you like, as that hasn't got the rude part of the word attached to it. Ie, "that's a load of bull". But adding the 4 letter word for excrement will get you in trouble here, so best to avoid using it.

DeletedUser

The best option
Is obviously,
Just don't swear at all.
It's pointless.

DeletedUser329

Well I'd hazzard a guess that you are about to find out lol .

<3

DeletedUser

can you say BS?

Generally when you abbreviate profanity, such as BS, it would be against the rules, but since BS is extremely commonly used and not considered offensive in day to day talk, I'd say you'd be fine using it. Keep in mind though, you'd just be safer to say bull, since the rules are enforced more and less extreme mod by mod. Such as, if you say anything relatively close to being discriminatory towards race, nation, etc, I will come down a lot harder on players than other mods might. If it is against the rules, you'll get in trouble, but the interpretation of the extremity of breaking the rules is dependent on the mod taking care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1093

Generally when you abbreviate profanity, such as BS, it would be against the rules, but since BS is extremely commonly used and not considered offensive in day to day talk, I'd say you'd be fine using it. Keep in mind though, you'd just be safer to say bull, since the rules are enforced more and less extreme mod by mod. Such as, if you say anything relatively close to being discriminatory towards race, nation, etc, I will come down a lot harder on players than other mods might. If it is against the rules, you'll get in trouble, but the interpretation of the extremity of breaking the rules is dependent on the mod taking care of it.

Excrement is extremely commonly used and not considered offensive in day to day talk. Sure it is if I called you a piece of excrement which is why that is banned on .net, but to say 'excrement, I just hit a spike!' isn't insulting anybody.

DeletedUser

Excrement is extremely commonly used and not considered offensive in day to day talk. Sure it is if I called you a piece of excrement which is why that is banned on .net, but to say 'excrement, I just hit a spike!' isn't insulting anybody.

This is true. However, you have to remember that different variants on a meaning can be seen as more rude than others. Saying "I slept with your sister" for example is not nice, but it is a lot nicer than if you replace slept with a ruder version to get the same meaning.

DeletedUser

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in there somewhere?