reputation system

DeletedUser

I think one of the biggest drawbacks of this game is the backstabbing & tribe hopping that seems to win worlds, especially if you pay money to play just to find out the top players have been plotting all along to merge at some point & annihilate everyone else.

I always thought they should have a way to lock onto your IP address so you couldn't bounce around usernames so easily, and a way to have either your username or that IP judged or voted or something, kinda a reputation meter. People could rate players & then it becomes part of your profile. Truly jerk players would eventually have a really poor trust rating, & if they tried changing usernames, even the IP could have a rating so you would have to make a judgement call on whether or not to trust em.

If someone just rated them badly out of spite, it wouldn't overall affect them if they were an honorable player, but if it happened over & over, it would start to show a pattern. I think even several categories could be rated on a player, like honesty, team player, merger, spy etc. I for one would absolutely take the time to run through my teammates' profiles to rate them, and run through someone caught spying in a heartbeat.

It would make mergers either less of an issue or players would have to think hard about it. Same with spies, because they'd never know if their secret allies were going to rate them as such. I think the risk is you could have enemy tribes purposely ranking badly on each other, but that could be combated by not allowing enemies to rate each other, or have a separate column that only enemies could rate. If you were rated highly even by the enemy you would likely be considered a great teammate & player, poorly & may not mean as much coming from enemy rankings. And it should be fluid so you can change ratings as your opinions change (or hot heads cool down).

Lots could be expanded or simplified on the idea, but getting a true judge of character would overall help everyone, add some strategy, build friendships & give us at least a little more ammo against spies (or at least some more risk to being one).

bidam veer

Reaction score
http://prntscr.com/apf5ro what i have to do to have this green point to my profile?if i need to say some ''nice words'' about someone,trust me,this will not be a problem:)))

about reputation system using the IP-this is not ******* possible.from what i know,inno must protect the players behind the screen.making public their ip....is too much(from 2-3 years,the sitter can not see your ip).i cant wait to see an admin that makes my ip public.i think that i will sue inno for this:)))

Last edited:

DeletedUser

http://prntscr.com/apf5ro what i have to do to have this green point to my profile?if i need to say some ''nice words'' about someone,trust me,this will not be a problem:)))

about reputation system using the IP-this is not ******* possible.from what i know,inno must protect the players behind the screen.making public their ip....is too much(from 2-3 years,the sitter can not see your ip).i cant wait to see an admin that makes my ip public.i think that i will sue inno for this:)))

I dont believe he is suggesting that Inno post IP addresses, what he is implying is that the game should have a way tracking players similar to players profiles, but the game allowing other players to rate those who are currently playing to rate others based on honor, loyalty, grit, the chances they will turn on a tribe, etc... Currently the game has its characters, and it truly hurts the game if only the same 50 guys end up in the remaining two tribes fighting it out for the top spot at the end of the world. Izzy makes a valid point, whether its feasible, not sure, but it would add another dimension to the game, and make players think about actions that could ultimately create them issues later on. And by tracking players from world to world, only way to remove bad reputation scores would to start over with a new profile, losing all you accrued rewards.

DeletedUser

Yea, not sure where I was going with the IP thing, more meant ISP I guess, but it made sense at the time lol. But no, definitely not giving anyone out your IP address. I was thinking something along the lines of using the same system they use to catch people playing from multiple accounts to do something, but I dont really know where I was going with THAT. But I still think that there's a way to somehow rate people on those virtues & give say your duke or council a chance to really evaluate a potential tribemate, or tribemates to evaluate each other say for merges etc. New players would have to earn it, vets would keep it, maybe even only tribemates could rate someone.
Franswa really summed up the reasoning perfectly. Gives you a reason to play a little more honestly. Certain stats SHOULD be rated by outsiders. Say your top 2 or 3 guys bounce on your tribe to merge with the top 2 or 3 of a dozen other tribes, everyone who gets bounced should be able to rate their loyalty as low, or whatever stat/rating you'd wanna use. (Ive been on the merge side and the left dry side).