Request for a Classic 2 World

Reaction score
I know this is a stretch, and I believe in most circumstances it would be considered rude/ill-advised to ask for an additional world while a complimentary world has been released... But the settings mentioned were completely incorrect.

Many players have already spoken of "Classic 2" as a disaster.

This world is not competitive at all, players are focusing defense because it's a SCAVENGING classic world with ratio protection and Morale.

While Dabookman tried to save face by confirming the settings I had revealed after (I'm not sure why) refusing to mention them, it has become clear that the settings were not what was stated.

1: There are premium options (Like increased scavenging resources) enabled.
2: Loot Assistant is not enabled
3: Scavenging is enabled - But not mentioned in the announcement (I had to check ingame files and mention it before Dabookman said anything
4: Morale IS activated - Settings clearly said morale is inactive.
5: You can relocate village (But only one of them). This can result in one of your villages being on the opposite sides of the map and entirely ruining the game.
6: Paladin is activated when announced that it will be deactivated.

I must ask... Why is a world that is created with the intention of creating player satisfaction (Not for the intent of a revenue stream), made so undesirable and troublesome for players?

Why does Innogames refuse to listen to feedback and/or work with players to create a world that everyone can enjoy? This was obviously made to alleviate the stress of players during the COVID-19 pandemic, but this dysfunctional world with incorrectly applied settings only causes players to wonder why they've spent multiple hours on a broken product this past week.

My request:

Offer a second world for players to input their preferred settings and debate on the optimal settings to make both a CHALLENGING world and a world that appeals to less experienced players. I'm sure players are willing to give up some changes to a world so newer players can enjoy it more - BUT PLAYERS HATE BEING LIED TO/MISLEAD BY STAFF.

Take this time to work with the playerbase on something we'd like. Most of us are stranded at home looking for something to do... And offering a world with completely different settings than announced has already lost the trust of many players on this US Server. Check discord if you want real feedback - Players are extremely disappointed and/or aggravated.

How To Implement:

1:
Allow Pre-Registration 3 days prior to World Start
2: Spend Next 2 Days asking for preferred settings from the playerbase. Make the request on the forums & ingame. We can post the forum link on discord.
3: After settings have been announced, input these settings into a "Classic 2" world file. I've created settings before for speed worlds. It isn't that difficult to implement the settings correctly as announced.
4: For the first 3 days of the world being open, take feedback from players on what they enjoy/dislike. If there's any issues - WORK TO FIX THOSE ISSUES. Why does it have to be a fight to listen to player requests and accept that something may be accidentally implemented?

Please work with us... The community to make changes. By refusing to offer any support to players or accept feedback is the downfall of this game. You have a chance to gain the trust of the playerbase after this MAJOR ERROR. Work with us.

Please do something besides "We won't change anything" or "We appreciate the feedback and will make changes in the future".

Thanks,

Steve/Report

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
I completely agree with reports post. While the general idea of providing a classic world to the US server was very promising and made everyone excited, this excitement quickly disappeared for the majority of players when they saw what the actual settings were (not during the announcement, but when they actually started the world...). They are completely different than announced, but also completely unbalanced.

Besides the questionable settings that @Report already mentioned, we can continue the list with even more settings that make this unplayable :

-the insanely fast unit speed. If I scavenge for 3-4 hours I can get nobled by someone on the other side of the world. This is so ridiculous that I can only laugh about it
-unbalanced barb spreading and world dividing giving some people an insane head start
-more small things that could've been avoided easily.

Even though this is a small server and doesn't require as much time as bigger servers and communities, @kawoni and @dabookman you should at least try to make it look like you care about the community here. There are people spending thousands of dollars on this server and just to say it straight, you basically treat them like shit in return. Communicate with the community, see what they want and provide that feedback to innogames. When a new world is announced, spend more than 20 seconds on the announcement post and check if what you say is correct. It are all small things that could have such a huge positive impact.

Basically @Report already stated the issue very well but I just wanted to give my opinion about it, since that's what this forum is for

T

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
+1

Without doubt this classic world has been a let down for just about every player. There should be no shame in admitting the settings are not what the community wants. @kawoni is always asking for feedback - here it is in this thread. You even have some brilliant solutions as outlined by @Report. I would love to see this taken on board and a new classic world announced.